Steve Calvin said:
I figured that the price would be outrageous. Granted, it was a bit high but I didn't think that
it was brutal. Considering the quality of meat our local butcher shop gets, he cuts it to order,
vacuum packs it to order and then quick freezes it. I didn't think that $3.00/lb was as ridiculous
as I expected given the horror stories that I've heard about.
--
Steve
Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it.
$3.00 per lb. is actually pretty reasonable for vacuum pack! :-)
I paid a bit over $2.00 per lb. once for a whole "range veal". Got about 200 lbs. of meat double
wrapped in butcher paper for $500.00.
It was a weanling brangus range calf. Oh GODS was it delicious! Guilt free too as it was not a
true "veal".
I plan to do it again as soon as I have the cash, and the freezer space....
K.
--
Quoted message said:^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email hidden] >^,,^<
"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
cats" -- Asimov
Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry cgi3.ebay.comawOpen ↗
cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=katra