Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Opionions on Vredestein Fortezza SE

Started by Bengt-Olaf Schn · · Last activity · 9 posts · 1,798 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
25 May 2004
Last activity
26 May 2004
Original author
Bengt-Olaf Schn
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,798
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does anybody
    have experience with them. Durability, comfort, failures etc
    ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.

    Bengt-Olaf.

  2. Bengt-Olaf Schneider said:

    Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does anybody
    have experience with them. Durability, comfort, failures
    etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.

    My friend swears by the (Dutch-made?) Fortezzas, but swears
    *AT* the cheaper ones! I would /assume/ (always iffy) that
    these are the lesser-quality versions.

    Bill "do a little research, then decide?" S.

  3. Bengt-Olaf Schneider said:

    Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does anybody
    have experience with them. Durability, comfort, failures
    etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.

    Bengt-Olaf.

    The black ones (list is about $40) are among my favorite
    tires of all time. Handling is very good, weight is low, and
    they corner well. Average about 1 flat per tire (which
    means, per 2500 miles or so).

    I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort, weight,
    and flat/rim protection.

  4. Bill Lloyd <[email hidden]> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Bengt-Olaf Schneider said:

    Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does
    anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort,
    failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.

    Bengt-Olaf.

    The black ones (list is about $40) are among my favorite
    tires of all time. Handling is very good, weight is low,
    and they corner well. Average about 1 flat per tire (which
    means, per 2500 miles or so).

    I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort, weight,
    and flat/rim protection.


    My experience exactly Bill except that I have run the last
    few down to the cords (they are white) without a flat. That
    said I am now likely cursed to have a flat every 50k.

  5. " S o r n i" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Bengt-Olaf Schneider said:

    Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does
    anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort,
    failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.

    My friend swears by the (Dutch-made?) Fortezzas, but
    swears *AT* the


    cheaper

    Quoted message said:

    ones! I would /assume/ (always iffy) that these are the
    lesser-quality versions.

    Bill "do a little research, then decide?" S.

    Thanks, Bill. Any idea how to figure out where the tire was
    manufactured ?

    Thanks, Bengt-Olaf.

  6. "Mike Latondresse" <mikelat@no_spamshaw.ca> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Bill Lloyd <[email hidden]> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Bengt-Olaf Schneider said:

    Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does
    anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort,
    failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for your
    comments.

    Bengt-Olaf.

    The black ones (list is about $40) are among my favorite
    tires of all time. Handling is very good, weight is low,
    and they corner well. Average about 1 flat per tire
    (which means, per 2500 miles or so).

    I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort,
    weight, and flat/rim protection.


    My experience exactly Bill except that I have run the last
    few down to the cords (they are white) without a flat.
    That said I am now likely cursed to have a flat every 50k.

    Thanks for the comments. You mention the "black ones". The
    ones on sale are blue. I assume that we are still talking
    about the same tire. No ?

    Bengt-Olaf.

  7. "Bengt-Olaf Schneider" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    "Mike Latondresse" <mikelat@no_spamshaw.ca> wrote in
    message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Bill Lloyd <[email hidden]> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    On 2004-05-24 10:51:47 -0700, "Bengt-Olaf Schneider"
    <[email hidden]> said:

    > Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does
    > anybody have experience with them. Durability,
    > comfort, failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for
    > your comments.
    >
    > Bengt-Olaf.

    The black ones (list is about $40) are among my
    favorite tires of all time. Handling is very good,
    weight is low, and they corner well. Average about 1
    flat per tire (which means, per 2500 miles or so).

    I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort,
    weight, and flat/rim protection.


    My experience exactly Bill except that I have run the
    last few down to the cords (they are white) without a
    flat. That said I am now likely cursed to have a flat
    every 50k.

    Thanks for the comments. You mention the "black ones". The
    ones on sale are blue. I assume that we are still talking
    about the same tire. No ?

    Bengt-Olaf.


    Mine are all black and they are the only ones I have seen so
    I really couldn't say. Check their web site perhaps.

  8. Bengt-Olaf Schneider said:

    " S o r n i" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Bengt-Olaf Schneider said:

    Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does
    anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort,
    failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.

    My friend swears by the (Dutch-made?) Fortezzas, but
    swears *AT* the cheaper ones! I would /assume/ (always
    iffy) that these are the lesser-quality versions.

    Bill "do a little research, then decide?" S.

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks, Bill. Any idea how to figure out where the tire
    was manufactured ?

    Read the small print on the packaging (or website if mail
    order); or contact the manufacturer.

    If they're on sale for $22.97 each or whatever, you can
    always give 'em a try and not risk too much.

    Tires are subjective anyway. I bought some Hutchinson Carbon
    Comps on sale at Performance, and hated them (felt squirmy
    on climbs to me, sucking energy); others seem to love 'em.

    Bill "YMMV (literally)" S.

  9. I bought the 23mm blue ones recently and put about 200
    miles on them so far. They replaced the original Bontragers
    on my Trek 2300 and I haven't noticed much of a difference
    in the ride.

    Are they great? Time will tell. But for the price they seem
    OK so far.

    "Bengt-Olaf Schneider" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Mike Latondresse" <mikelat@no_spamshaw.ca> wrote in
    message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Bill Lloyd <[email hidden]> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    On 2004-05-24 10:51:47 -0700, "Bengt-Olaf Schneider"
    <[email hidden]> said:

    > Performance is running a sale on these tires. Does
    > anybody have experience with them. Durability,
    > comfort, failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for
    > your comments.
    >
    > Bengt-Olaf.

    The black ones (list is about $40) are among my
    favorite tires of all time. Handling is very good,
    weight is low, and they corner well. Average about 1
    flat per tire (which means, per 2500 miles or so).

    I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort,
    weight, and flat/rim protection.


    My experience exactly Bill except that I have run the
    last few down to the cords (they are white) without a
    flat. That said I am now likely cursed to have a flat
    every 50k.

    Thanks for the comments. You mention the "black ones". The
    ones on sale are blue. I assume that we are still talking
    about the


    same

    Quoted message said:

    tire. No ?

    Bengt-Olaf.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.