General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Opinions on South Beach Diet

Started by slamdunka · · Last activity · 7 posts · 465 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
15 July 2004
Last activity
17 July 2004
Original author
slamdunka
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
465
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Just discovered this group and am thinking of going onto the South Beach
    Diet but dont see much on here about it. Any reason for that?

    Al.

  2. Am Thu said:

    Just discovered this group and am thinking of going onto the South Beach
    Diet but dont see much on here about it. Any reason for that?

    Welcome to this group 🙂

    Try
    http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=sbd&meta=group%3Dalt.support.diet.low-carb

    The South Beach Diet aka SBD is a regular topic in this group. If you have
    checked into SBD (and maybe other low-carb plans) feel free to ask
    questions and share your thoughts and opinions.

    Petra in Hamburg, Germany
    --
    219/207/150
    Atkins since June 27, 2004

  3. I started Sb on Jan 4th and was 236. I'm now at 185 and loving it
    6'1/236/185/185

    --
    Shafer - Official BB and anywhere else pointgiver

    slamdunka said:

    Just discovered this group and am thinking of going onto the South
    Beach Diet but dont see much on here about it. Any reason for that?

    Al.

  4. "slamdunka" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Just discovered this group and am thinking of going onto the South Beach
    Diet but dont see much on here about it. Any reason for that?

    Al.

    I'm a successful Atkins guy for 5 years. My wife isn't a big meat lover,
    and couldn't stay on it for longer than a couple of weeks. She just tried
    SB, and after looking at it, it seemed to be even more restrictive in some
    ways, and too carby in others. I guess anything will work, if you can stay
    on it.

    --
    JK Sinrod
    Sinrod Stained Glass Studios
    www.sinrodstudios.com
    Coney Island Memories
    www.sinrodstudios.com/coneymemories

  5. Wow. I'm 6'4 and 235. Thought I might get to about 198. How have you found
    the programme, easy or hard?

    .............................................................................
    .......................
    "[email hidden]" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I started Sb on Jan 4th and was 236. I'm now at 185 and loving it
    6'1/236/185/185

    --
    Shafer - Official BB and anywhere else pointgiver

    slamdunka said:

    Just discovered this group and am thinking of going onto the South
    Beach Diet but dont see much on here about it. Any reason for that?

    Al.

  6. actually, my wife and I did it together although she doesn't weigh herself,
    she dropped 2 sizes in her clothing. Doing it together made it much easier
    than going it alone.
    I was a big pasta, potato and bread eater and found that I can get along
    without them. I miss chinese food but once in a while I go out for a chinese
    meal. I just avoid noodles and the starchy stuff. The first 2 weeks where
    interesting but exciting to watch the major portion of the weight loss. I
    actually lost 13 lbs in the first 2 weeks..
    So I'd say that it wasn't difficult once I made the commitment to do it..
    Good Luck
    sharkman

    --

    slamdunka said:

    Wow. I'm 6'4 and 235. Thought I might get to about 198. How have you
    found the programme, easy or hard?


    .............................................................................

    Quoted message said:

    ......................
    "[email hidden]" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I started Sb on Jan 4th and was 236. I'm now at 185 and loving it
    6'1/236/185/185

    --

    slamdunka said:

    Just discovered this group and am thinking of going onto the South
    Beach Diet but dont see much on here about it. Any reason for that?

    Al.

  7. Been on SB since Jan 5, 2004. Have lost 50 lbs and it's been relatively
    easy. Like the previous noter, I too loved pasta and bread ( I had become a
    pretty decent baker including cakes, cookies and breads). That was the
    hardest part initially. It no longer bothers me. Not sure why.
    Lots of compliments from folks! I want to try and lose 20-25 more pounds.
    My wife has lost 35+ pounds in the same timeframe. We both feel great!
    Great program and well worth the effort. This newsgroup has also had an
    influence. Lots of great success stories and great recipes. Lots of SB
    folks in here too. Try it, you'll like it!!

    -TheKidd
    6'2" 262/212/192

    Quoted message said:

    actually, my wife and I did it together although she doesn't weigh
    herself, she dropped 2 sizes in her clothing. Doing it together made
    it much easier than going it alone.
    I was a big pasta, potato and bread eater and found that I can get
    along without them. I miss chinese food but once in a while I go out
    for a chinese meal. I just avoid noodles and the starchy stuff. The
    first 2 weeks where interesting but exciting to watch the major
    portion of the weight loss. I actually lost 13 lbs in the first 2
    weeks..
    So I'd say that it wasn't difficult once I made the commitment to do
    it.. Good Luck
    sharkman

    slamdunka said:

    Wow. I'm 6'4 and 235. Thought I might get to about 198. How have you
    found the programme, easy or hard?



    .............................................................................

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ......................
    "[email hidden]" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I started Sb on Jan 4th and was 236. I'm now at 185 and loving it
    6'1/236/185/185

    --

    slamdunka wrote:
    > Just discovered this group and am thinking of going onto the South
    > Beach Diet but dont see much on here about it. Any reason for that?
    >
    > Al.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.