General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana??

Started by Tintalle · · Last activity · 9 posts · 568 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 June 2004
Last activity
19 June 2004
Original author
Tintalle
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
568
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Not having an Olive Garden here in Nfld, i'd really like to find a
    recipe similar to their Zuppa Toscana. I was at the Olive Garden on a
    business trip recently, and reminded how much i like that soup. The
    rest of the menu i can take it or leave it. Any help appreciated 🙂

  2. "tintalle" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Not having an Olive Garden here in Nfld, i'd really like
    to find a recipe similar to their Zuppa Toscana. I was at
    the Olive Garden on a business trip recently, and reminded
    how much i like that soup. The rest of the menu i can take
    it or leave it. Any help appreciated 🙂

    recipelink.com9158

    recipesource.comolive
    garden/00/rec0071.html

    lubbockonline.comrecipe.htm

    ********************************
    " "

    - Marcel Marceau

  3. tintalle said:

    Not having an Olive Garden here in Nfld, i'd really like to
    find a recipe similar to their Zuppa Toscana. I was at the
    Olive Garden on a business trip recently, and reminded how
    much i like that soup. The rest of the menu i can take it
    or leave it. Any help appreciated 🙂

    This version is a big hit around here.

    Regards, Tracy R.

    @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

    Olive Garden Toscana Soup

    favorites, soups

    3/4 cup onions; cut in 1/8-in dice 1 slice bacon; cut in 1/4-
    in dice 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic; minced 1 quart chicken
    stock* salt; to taste* 2 medium potatoes; cut as described
    2 cups cavallo greens or kale; cut as described 1 1/2 cups
    spicy sausage link, precooked; cut as described
    4/4 cup heavy whipping cream

    Note: Cut potatoes in half length-wise, then cut in 1/4-inch
    slices. Remove thick center vein, the cut cavallo/kale
    in half and slice into
    1/16-inch strips. Cut sausage in half length-wise, then cut
    at an angle into 1/2-inch slices.

    Place sausage link onto sheet pan and bake in 300 degree
    oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Place onions and
    bacon into 3 to 4 quart saucepan and cook onions over medium
    heat until the onions are almost clear. Add garlic and cook
    for 1 minute. Add chicken stock, salt and potatoes, bring to
    a simmer for 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients then
    simmer for 5 more minutes and serve.

    Tracy Note: I LOVE this soup. Schnuck's store brand smoked
    italian sausage is perfect in it.

    *The original recipe I got called for 1 ounce chicken
    bouillon and 1 quart water in place of the 1 quart chicken
    stock above, and omitted the salt to taste. I made the
    change because the 1 oz. bouillon was just too salty for us.

    Contributor: Olive Garden Restaurant

  4. Sue said:


    "tintalle" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Not having an Olive Garden here in Nfld, i'd really like
    to find a recipe similar to their Zuppa Toscana. I was
    at the Olive Garden on a business trip recently, and
    reminded how much i like that soup. The rest of the menu
    i can take it or leave it. Any help appreciated 🙂

    recipelink.com9158

    recipesource.comolive
    garden/00/rec0071.html

    lubbockonline.comrecipe.htm

    ********************************

    The recipesource recipe calls for cooking the kale four
    minutes. That's going to be some mighty raw, tough kale!

    gloria p

  5. All three recipes have this instruction:

    "Place onions and bacon in a large saucepan and cook over
    med heat until onions are almost clear."

    WHAT bacon??

    "Sue" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:Lm7zc.25743$Yd-
    [email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "tintalle" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Not having an Olive Garden here in Nfld, i'd really like
    to find a recipe similar to their Zuppa Toscana. I was
    at the Olive Garden on a business trip recently, and
    reminded how much i like that soup. The rest of the menu
    i can take it or leave it. Any help appreciated 🙂

    recipelink.com9158

    recipesource.comolive
    garden/00/rec0071.html

    lubbockonline.comrecipe.htm

    ********************************
    " "

    - Marcel Marceau

  6. ravinwulf <[email hidden]> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    tintalle said:

    Not having an Olive Garden here in Nfld, i'd really like
    to find a recipe similar to their Zuppa Toscana. I was at
    the Olive Garden on a business trip recently, and reminded
    how much i like that soup. The rest of the menu i can take
    it or leave it. Any help appreciated 🙂

    This version is a big hit around here.

    Regards, Tracy R.

    @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

    Olive Garden Toscana Soup

    favorites, soups

    3/4 cup onions; cut in 1/8-in dice 1 slice bacon; cut in
    1/4-in dice 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic; minced 1 quart
    chicken stock* salt; to taste* 2 medium potatoes; cut as
    described 2 cups cavallo greens or kale; cut as
    described 1 1/2 cups spicy sausage link, precooked; cut
    as described
    3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

    I'm gonna try this today...except using spinach
    instead of kale.

    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on
    nothing but food and water.
    --------
    FIELDS, W. C.

  7. ravinwulf <[email hidden]> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    This version is a big hit around here.

    Regards, Tracy R.

    @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

    Olive Garden Toscana Soup

    favorites, soups

    Well I made it... used spinach instead of kale and since I
    couldn't find Hot Italian sausages, in the 2 supermarkets
    I went to, I used chorizo sausage. used 2 yukon gold
    potatoes (skin on)

    Soup tastes pretty good but needs some color...not sure if
    sliced carrot or sliced red pepper would work better with
    the flavours. Leaning towards the red pepper though.

    I disliked the texture of the bacon cooked to the recipes
    specs...Next time the bacon cooks alone for a couple to 5
    mins before the onions go in. I also used pureed
    garlic,instead of 2 minced cloves; and more than the recipe
    called for.

    I have some beerwurst I'll try that next time too.

    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on
    nothing but food and water.
    --------
    FIELDS, W. C.

  8. Puester said:


    The recipesource recipe calls for cooking the kale four
    minutes. That's going to be some mighty raw, tough kale!


    Although the recipe sounded good, I'm not a kale fan.
    Perhaps chard could be substituted? I'm not even very fond
    of chard and prefer spinach, but spinich seems too far away
    from kale.

    Practice safe eating - always use condiments

  9. "Snapper" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:oC9zc.48897$Sw.22513@attbi_s51...

    Quoted message said:

    All three recipes have this instruction:

    "Place onions and bacon in a large saucepan and cook over
    med heat until onions are almost clear."

    WHAT bacon??

    the third link lists 1 slice bacon (diced) I guess the same
    would apply for the first two as well

    Quoted message said:

    recipelink.com9158

    Quoted message said:


    recipesource.comolive
    garden/00/rec0071.html

    lubbockonline.comrecipe.htm

    ********************************
    " "

    - Marcel Marceau


Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.