Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

ok, winter riders...

Started by Penny S · · Last activity · 37 posts · 1,857 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
3 January 2004
Last activity
6 January 2004
Original author
Penny S
Posts
37
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,857
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–37 of 37
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 at 17:50 GMT, Penny S penned:

    Quoted message said:


    oh, thanks, I'm attempting to create some content for this little site I'm building: www.mssp.org

    Looks good on first blush, except the snowpeople in the banner look kind of scary in an "It" kind of
    way. Maybe it's just me.

    --
    monique

  2. Monique Y. Herman scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 at 17:50 GMT, Penny S penned:

    Quoted message said:


    oh, thanks, I'm attempting to create some content for this little site I'm building: www.mssp.org

    Looks good on first blush, except the snowpeople in the banner look kind of scary in an "It" kind
    of way. Maybe it's just me.

    the snowman banner belongs to the ski area, not us. it was a "required element". Not my choice.

    Penny

  3. Penny S said:

    MattB scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Yummy! I'm on kid duty but hoping to get my turn soon. Monarch got


    22" last night and expect 1-2' today and tonight.

    Matt

    from yesterday... granted it's not the most spectacular view in the world, but it's what we have.

    cet.compatrolview.jpg

    p.

    Kewel. Here's from today at Monarch. 44 Inches in 72 hours (11 last night)

    My buddy steve ripping on the teles mattb.netsteve.jpg mattb.netMonarch%2004 01
    04/steve%20going.jpg

    Me mattb.netmatt%20in%20trees.jpg My "touron" shot (MTB content:
    Crest Trail goes on the high ridge on left side) mattb.netMonarch%2004 01
    04/matt%20on%20top.jpg

    Matt

  4. "Penny S" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Slacker scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:
    Penny S said:

    stumbled across this site tonight....

    users.rcn.comDefault.htm

    Screw that! That's what hot cocoa and fluffy down comforters were invented for.

    wuss.

    if you dress right the cold is lots of fun:

    ( from today) cet.compspowder.jpg

    You're dropping your back hand, and your vision looks a little low - look farther ahead and you'll
    flow better.

    Jon Bond just SUPER jealous because he skied rocky ice for the past 2 days and destroyed his
    skis... again.

  5. nokian 296 around 35psi

    "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    RE/

    Quoted message said:

    geocities.comshoreice.html

    winter riding rules

    What tires?
    --
    PeteCresswell

  6. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    if you dress right the cold is lots of fun:

    ( from today) cet.compspowder.jpg


    Wow that [censored]'s so deep I can't see the bike!
    --
    _________________________
    Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia ramsays-online.comramsays-online.com

  7. Chris Phillipo scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    if you dress right the cold is lots of fun:

    ( from today) cet.compspowder.jpg


    Wow that [censored]'s so deep I can't see the bike!

    I am getting a lot of [censored] about the lack of depth in that photo. Where it WAS deep we sure as hell
    weren't stopping for photos...

    -5 F here this am. Brrrr.

    Penny

  8. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Chris Phillipo scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > if you dress right the cold is lots of fun:
    >
    > ( from today) cet.compspowder.jpg

    Wow that [censored]'s so deep I can't see the bike!

    I am getting a lot of [censored] about the lack of depth in that photo. Where it WAS deep we sure as
    hell weren't stopping for photos...

    -5 F here this am. Brrrr.

    Penny

    Oh so there's no bike?
    --
    _________________________
    Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia ramsays-online.comramsays-online.com

  9. Penny S said:

    Chris Phillipo scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > if you dress right the cold is lots of fun:
    >
    > ( from today) cet.compspowder.jpg

    Wow that [censored]'s so deep I can't see the bike!

    I am getting a lot of [censored] about the lack of depth in that photo. Where it WAS deep we sure as
    hell weren't stopping for photos...

    -5 F here this am. Brrrr.

    Penny

    -38 F here this morning. Beyond brrrr!

    Matt (Buh!)

  10. Chris Phillipo scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Chris Phillipo scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:

    >> if you dress right the cold is lots of fun:
    >>
    >> ( from today) cet.compspowder.jpg
    >

    Wow that [censored]'s so deep I can't see the bike!

    I am getting a lot of [censored] about the lack of depth in that photo. Where it WAS deep we sure as
    hell weren't stopping for photos...

    -5 F here this am. Brrrr.

    Penny

    Oh so there's no bike?

    I tell ya, I had 13" unplowed inches on my street and I just about pulled the bike out thinking, Hey
    I have to at least give this a try. Then the plow came and scraped it down to the pavement with a
    blade, wah....

    Pernny

  11. MattB scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:
    Penny S said:

    Chris Phillipo scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:

    >> if you dress right the cold is lots of fun:
    >>
    >> ( from today) cet.compspowder.jpg
    >

    Wow that [censored]'s so deep I can't see the bike!

    I am getting a lot of [censored] about the lack of depth in that photo. Where it WAS deep we sure as
    hell weren't stopping for photos...

    -5 F here this am. Brrrr.

    Penny

    -38 F here this morning. Beyond brrrr!

    Matt (Buh!)

    you win.

  12. MattB said:
    Penny S said:

    Chris Phillipo scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:

    >>if you dress right the cold is lots of fun:
    >>
    >>( from today) cet.compspowder.jpg
    >
    Wow that [censored]'s so deep I can't see the bike!

    I am getting a lot of [censored] about the lack of depth in that photo. Where it WAS deep we sure as
    hell weren't stopping for photos...

    -5 F here this am. Brrrr.

    Penny

    -38 F here this morning. Beyond brrrr!

    Matt (Buh!)


    Well ya live in Gunnison ferchrisake! Only -9 F in Salida this a.m. (other side of Monarch Pass for
    the Colo. geography challenged).

    Stay Warm(er), Shawn

  13. Shawn Curry said:
    MattB said:
    Penny S said:

    Chris Phillipo scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    >>> if you dress right the cold is lots of fun:
    >>>
    >>> ( from today) cet.compspowder.jpg
    >>
    >>
    > Wow that [censored]'s so deep I can't see the bike!

    I am getting a lot of [censored] about the lack of depth in that photo. Where it WAS deep we sure as
    hell weren't stopping for photos...

    -5 F here this am. Brrrr.

    Penny

    -38 F here this morning. Beyond brrrr!

    Matt (Buh!)


    Well ya live in Gunnison ferchrisake! Only -9 F in Salida this a.m. (other side of Monarch Pass
    for the Colo. geography challenged).

    Stay Warm(er), Shawn

    We were at -7 on the S. side of the hills. I'll be shoveling this snow for weeks, I got almost 30"
    at my house.

    Isn't Gunnison or Fraser typically the coldest places in our wonderful state?

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

  14. Craig Brossman said:
    Shawn Curry said:
    MattB said:

    Penny S wrote:

    > Chris Phillipo scribbled on a scrap of paper:
    >
    >>>> if you dress right the cold is lots of fun:
    >>>>
    >>>> ( from today) cet.compspowder.jpg
    >>>
    >>>
    >> Wow that [censored]'s so deep I can't see the bike!
    >
    >
    > I am getting a lot of [censored] about the lack of depth in that photo. Where it WAS deep we sure as
    > hell weren't stopping for photos...
    >
    >
    > -5 F here this am. Brrrr.
    >
    > Penny

    -38 F here this morning. Beyond brrrr!

    Matt (Buh!)


    Well ya live in Gunnison ferchrisake! Only -9 F in Salida this a.m. (other side of Monarch Pass
    for the Colo. geography challenged).

    Stay Warm(er), Shawn

    We were at -7 on the S. side of the hills. I'll be shoveling this snow for weeks, I got almost 30"
    at my house.

    Isn't Gunnison or Fraser typically the coldest places in our wonderful state?

    Typically the coldest in the country. It never got anywhere near that cold when I was living on
    Horsefly Mesa. Wish I was still there.

    Gary

  15. Quoted message said:

    from yesterday... granted it's not the most spectacular view in the world, but it's what we have.

    cet.compatrolview.jpg

    It's damn close though. Nice shot!

  16. John Harlow scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    from yesterday... granted it's not the most spectacular view in the world, but it's what we have.

    cet.compatrolview.jpg

    It's damn close though. Nice shot!

    I really wish I'd asked all of them to turn around. Theme material for my ski patrol web site.

    Penny

  17. Craig Brossman wrote: <snip>

    Quoted message said:


    Isn't Gunnison or Fraser typically the coldest places in our wonderful state?

    Yes, often in a close race with International Falls, MN for coldest in the nation. It's great during
    a heat wave!

    Matt

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.