I have pretty much finished all the events I care about this year (three double centuries and a gran fondo).
I did fine but really need to lose 10-15 pounds to take it to the next level.
Given my job/family commitments I had about 6 hours a week to train (and many weeks with little to no training) so high intensity was the order of the day, which does not curb my appetite at all.
So, other than cutting down on my wine consumption, I am hoping to ride more and more consistently (I live in a pretty warm climate although it was 37F yesterday morning).
The easiest thing to do from home is ride a 12 mile loop that climbs about 1600 feet (there is a 3.3 mile, 7.3% climb) and I have done that 4x in the past two days (but at L4 -- old habits die hard). Am I right that longer tempo/SST rides would be more helpful?