rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Of all the rotten luck

Started by PopeSamXVI · · Last activity · 8 posts · 443 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
15 July 2004
Last activity
16 July 2004
Original author
PopeSamXVI
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
443
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I haven't ridden my unicycle in two weeks due to my warped rim. I
    ordered an Alex DM 24 rim from uni.com.

    It arrived today and *uh-oh* the rim is 24 inches when I need it to
    support a 24 inch tire.

    When i return this rim, what size rim do I need to get? I didn't see any
    23 or 22 inch rims for sale.

    Will I ever ride again? I hope Zach's summit comes soon.

    --
    PopeSamXVI - Resident Hogwasher/Hornswaggler

    Karol Jozef Wojtyla Forever!

    I really am the president of my own fan club. www.samhunterfanclub.tk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PopeSamXVI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6661
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33929

  2. ... Sorry, do you mean you got a 24" rim for a 24" tyre?? Surely that's
    what you're after isn't it? Or did you get a 26" rim??

    --
    one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

    OWS

    "I'm going to be polite in this whole message except for here.

    Idiot." - John Foss

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33929

  3. If your rim measures 24" then it's not a 24" rim.

    The actual diameter of my 24" rim is around 21".

    sounds like you may have a 26".

    A 24" rim is of such a size that with the tyre fitted it will be approx
    24" toal diamater.

    --
    onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

    "He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
    the Muni that really fires him up."

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33929

  4. I ordered a 24 inch rim (Alex DM 24) and it fits all the old 26 inch
    tires in my garage, but not my unicycle.

    --
    PopeSamXVI - Resident Hogwasher/Hornswaggler

    Karol Jozef Wojtyla Forever!

    I really am the president of my own fan club. www.samhunterfanclub.tk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PopeSamXVI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6661
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33929

  5. ok, because a 24" is supposed to fit a 24" tire. but if it only fit 26"
    tires then its obviously a 26" rim (i figured that out by myself!)

    --
    dubmuni2004 - bike? where, i dont see one.

    I dont have a signature
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dubmuni2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5837
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33929

  6. Well the rim is 24 inches wide. My current wheel is 24 inches wide with
    the tire on. Obviously I need a smaller rim, but what size?

    --
    PopeSamXVI - Resident Hogwasher/Hornswaggler

    Karol Jozef Wojtyla Forever!

    I really am the president of my own fan club. www.samhunterfanclub.tk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PopeSamXVI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6661
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33929

  7. 24" wide? That's a fat rim! 😉 As said above, the rim should be 21" or
    so. And also, as said above, it would seem you have a 26" rim. You need
    to change it for a proper 24". They may have made a mistake at uni.com
    or wherever you got it.

    --
    one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

    OWS

    "I'm going to be polite in this whole message except for here.

    Idiot." - John Foss

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33929

  8. Then I am off to call and return it! Away!

    --
    PopeSamXVI - Resident Hogwasher/Hornswaggler

    Karol Jozef Wojtyla Forever!

    I really am the president of my own fan club. www.samhunterfanclub.tk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PopeSamXVI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6661
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33929

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.