Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Numbness In feet

Started by Roy Owen · · Last activity · 8 posts · 1,848 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 June 2005
Last activity
8 June 2005
Original author
Roy Owen
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,848
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Last evening on my ride, I noticed that toward the end, that the toes on
    my right foot were starting to tingle. I want to chalk this up to just
    being out of shape and my butt muscles out of condition, but I have this
    nagging sensation in the back of my head that says it could be a fit
    problem. What do you all think?
    --
    Roy Owen

    Keep the leather side up,
    and the rubber side down.

  2. Roy Owen said:

    Last evening on my ride, I noticed that toward the end, that the toes
    on my right foot were starting to tingle. I want to chalk this up to
    just being out of shape and my butt muscles out of condition, but I
    have this nagging sensation in the back of my head that says it could
    be a fit problem. What do you all think?

    If the numbness is /only/ in your feet, then it's mostly likely due to your
    shoes being too tight or having a pressure point or something.

    If your /whole leg/ feels numb-ish or tingly, then it's much more likely a
    "fit issue" (saddle choice, tilt, position, etc.).

    Sounds like your right shoe was a tad tight. See how it goes next time.

    Dorktor Bill

  3. Roy Owen <[email hidden]> wrote in news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Last evening on my ride, I noticed that toward the end, that the toes on
    my right foot were starting to tingle.

    Sounds like a shoe problem. Too tight, too flexy, etc. Could also be poor
    foot position (foot position on the pedal, possibly saddle height).

  4. Roy Owen said:

    Last evening on my ride, I noticed that toward the end, that the toes on
    my right foot were starting to tingle. I want to chalk this up to just
    being out of shape and my butt muscles out of condition, but I have this
    nagging sensation in the back of my head that says it could be a fit
    problem. What do you all think?

    I have experienced numbness in my feet and toes when doing long rides,
    say >40-50 miles. Although I have not experienced it, I have heard of
    a related condition called "hot feet", where some long distance riders
    get the impression that their feet are burning, and will even attempt
    to throw water on their feet to "cool" them off.

    What has worked for me is to pull up on the pedals while pedalling for
    a minute or so, thereby relieving pressure on the bottoms of the feet.
    Doing this every 15-20 mintutes during a long ride should help. This
    of course assumes you have clipless pedals or clips and straps.

  5. wiggle your toes, turn and stretch the feet, ankles-before nighty nite,
    during, and before arising in the morning!

  6. try www.exrx.net
    wal has a sale on sandals
    try siting up in bed before rising, legs straight out and move ankle
    toward torso while holfding leg flat-stretch
    then do lower leg lifts while stretching ankle various postions
    stretch and hold stretch and

  7. I found putting a small chili pepper (the Thai kind you get in a big
    bag for a dollar or so) in the toe of my riding shoe eliminates numb
    toes and feet. To keep the chili pepper from falling apart I wrap it
    once with a layer of micropore medical tape. It also helps to keep me
    warm in cold weather.

  8. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I found putting a small chili pepper (the Thai kind you get in a big
    bag for a dollar or so) in the toe of my riding shoe eliminates numb
    toes and feet. To keep the chili pepper from falling apart I wrap it
    once with a layer of micropore medical tape. It also helps to keep me
    warm in cold weather.

    This happens when my shoes are too tight. All I do is loosen the straps a
    little and the numbness goes bye-bye.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.