Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

not sure which thread to jack (steel/rohloff)

Started by till! · · Last activity · 7 posts · 501 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
8 September 2005
Last activity
10 September 2005
Original author
till!
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
501
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. It was a hard decision to see which thread I should jack to post this;

    1) Gags' steel bike thread?
    2) If Suzy really wanted a nice chainline, she would use one of these?
    3) Anything about rohloff?
    4) Anything about MTBs?

    After doing some part of the munda biddi on my rigid tourer, and because my partner was away and Im obliged to play up, I decided to make this bike up. Anyway, its largely done, and I picked it up from the bike shop today!

    The bike, as usual for my habits, is a bit of a magpie job, but built up well, and seems to fit well *phew*. I wanted to build a rohloff-based MTB, and when saw the fairly cheap steel frames with eccentric bottom brackets I knew it was on!

    Top of the list here; http://tinyurl.com/e3qwr

    till

  2. till! said:

    It was a hard decision to see which thread I should jack to post this;

    1) Gags' steel bike thread?
    2) If Suzy really wanted a nice chainline, she would use one of
    these?
    3) Anything about rohloff?
    4) Anything about MTBs?

    How much was the Contarino custom rohloff ?

  3. paul said:

    How much was the Contarino custom rohloff ?


    Ill ask for the frame price next time Im in.

    till

  4. Nice bikes. Do you mind saying how much the Zion ended up costing to have it shipped by Jenson? I've wondered about these frames too. Do they have rack eyelets?

  5. slaw said:

    Nice bikes. Do you mind saying how much the Zion ended up costing to have it shipped by Jenson? I've wondered about these frames too. Do they have rack eyelets?


    I had to pay $150 to clear it (friggen fedex), it cost $347 US from Jenson, inc shipping. No rack eyelets also, it says "853 mains", but clearly the seatpole isnt counted as a main and is probably just hi-ten.

    The Contarino/Rohloff was $2900 complete, not including the Rohloff itself as the guy supplied it himself. The level of parts in his are pretty tasty as well, and the frame is really 853 mains with probably 725 stays I guess.

    till

  6. till! said:

    The Contarino/Rohloff was $2900 complete, not including the Rohloff
    itself as the guy supplied it himself.

    err, do you know how much the Rohloff is ?

  7. Terry Collins said:

    err, do you know how much the Rohloff is ?


    Sure, they start at about $1650 iirc, although there is that epx guy selling em on ebay for less.

    till

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.