Professional Cycling · Public discussion

Non-Boonen Flanders picks

Started by Bro Deal · · Last activity · 54 posts · 5,646 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Professional Cycling
Published
2 April 2007
Last activity
11 April 2007
Original author
Bro Deal
Posts
54
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
5,646
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 54
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Picking Boonen is too easy, so he is not allowed. Who other than Boonen will win?

    Cancellara seems to be in good form, even if he does not think so. His team performed well on Saturday. So I think I will pick him.

  2. There's so many good riders in the peloton this year for this event. Tough course, good teams... I'm going to have to go with Little Tommy Danielson. He's got the heart of a lion.

  3. helmutRoole2 said:

    There's so many good riders in the peloton this year for this event. Tough course, good teams... I'm going to have to go with Little Tommy Danielson. He's got the heart of a lion.

    Very good pick. I pick him too. His heart will make up for him not starting. Maybe they will award him the the Cour du Lion like they did with Tyler.

    Apart from Danielson... maybe Bettini or Cancellara. If just Bettini hadn't broken his chain, the finish of E3 would have been even more interesting.

  4. What? He's not starting? He riding Roubaix.

    http://velonews.com/pr/prn/articles/11983.0.html

  5. Seeing as wee Tommy isn't there then Bettini or Cancellara. Ballan will be there but not a winner - even though he deserves to.

  6. helmutRoole2 said:

    What? He's not starting? He riding Roubaix.

    velonews.com11983.0.html

    I got it from cyclingstartlists.com. If they're wrong, then so am I. 🙂

  7. Oscar Freire too.

  8. Leif Hoste

  9. Bro Deal said:

    Picking Boonen is too easy, so he is not allowed. Who other than Boonen will win?

    Cancellara seems to be in good form, even if he does not think so. His team performed well on Saturday. So I think I will pick him.


    Can I pick Tornado Tom? I won't tell anybody its Boonen😉

  10. cyclingheroes said:

    Can I pick Tornado Tom? I won't tell anybody its Boonen😉

    I'm gonna go for Flecha - Flanders and Roubaix are his season's targets and perhaps some Friere's (his teammate's) magic will have rubbed off. If only Tommy D was riding I would have picked him. 🙄

  11. Well then. Bettini, followed closely by Ballan.

  12. Paolini.

  13. I'm going with Pozzato on this one. His form looks good and should be well rested after taking a pass on MSR.

    This is a Belgian race though... so look for a strong ride from Belgian Champion Niko Eechout.

    Of course this is Boonen's race to lose.

  14. El Loto said:

    Oscar Freire too.

    Well, if not Little Tommy, then I'll roll with Freire too.

  15. Is Tommy doing it on his Tacx?

  16. El Loto said:

    Is Tommy doing it on his Tacx?

    Not sure. It doesn't say on his fan web site. I'm on that thing every day.

    Just to serve notice, Loto, my new tact in picking winners is, first Tommy then whatever Loto goes with.

  17. I had read that Hoste had some sort of an injury problem, but he rode a creditable 15th in the short TT at De Panne today. Ballan was 10th and won the overall; the TT was won by Devolder. Boonen did not start the morning race on this two-stage final day.

  18. No one has mentioned Gusev as a dark horse, strong young rider, nominal 4th at last year's Roubaix, so I'll toss him into the mix. Lack of experience on the course is a notable weakness.

  19. Gilbert !

  20. JRMDC said:

    No one has mentioned Gusev as a dark horse, strong young rider, nominal 4th at last year's Roubaix, so I'll toss him into the mix. Lack of experience on the course is a notable weakness.

    Gusev came in a ways back but with a strong group of riders last year at De Ronde. He has a little bit better chance than a complete dark horse.

    Results - 259 km
    1 Tom Boonen (Bel) Quick Step-Innergetic 6.24.26 (40.423 km/h)
    2 Leif Hoste (Bel) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
    3 George Hincapie (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 1.17
    4 Peter Van Petegem (Bel) Davitamon-Lotto
    5 Alessandro Ballan (Ita) Lampre-Fondital
    6 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team CSC
    7 Paolo Bettini (Ita) Quick Step-Innergetic 1.50
    8 Karsten Kroon (Ned) Team CSC
    9 Andreas Klier (Ger) T-Mobile Team
    10 Roberto Petito (Ita) Team Tenax Salmilano
    11 Erik Zabel (Ger) Team Milram 3.29
    12 Juan Antonio Flecha Giannoni (Spa) Rabobank
    13 Filippo Pozzato (Ita) Quick Step-Innergetic 4.21
    14 Thor Hushovd (Nor) Credit Agricole
    15 Bernhard Eisel (Aut) Française Des Jeux 8.03
    16 David Kopp (Ger) Gerolsteiner
    17 Nick Nuyens (Bel) Quick Step-Innergetic
    18 Anthony Geslin (Fra) Bouygues Telecom
    19 Stefan Schumacher (Ger) Gerolsteiner
    20 Kurt-Asle Arvesen (Nor) Team CSC
    21 Baden Cooke (Aus) Unibet.Com
    22 Erik Dekker (Ned) Rabobank
    23 Bert Roesems (Bel) Davitamon-Lotto
    24 Vladimir Gusev (Rus) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
    25 Serguei Ivanov (Rus) T-Mobile Team
    26 Rik Verbrugghe (Bel) Cofidis, Le Credit Par Telephone

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.