Road Cycling · Public discussion

No Milan-San Remo on OLN Canada

Started by Jason Spaceman · · Last activity · 9 posts · 533 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
21 March 2005
Last activity
22 March 2005
Original author
Jason Spaceman
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
533
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I thought OLN Canada was supposed to show Milan-San Remo tonight at
    7:30pm, but when I turn to the channel they are showing dog sled
    racing. Anybody know what's up?

    Did OLN USA show Milan-San Remo as part of their Orgasym Sundays?

    Man, Canucks get screwed again.

    J. Spaceman

  2. Jason Spaceman said:

    Man, Canucks get screwed again.

    If your ISP has binary newsgroups you are not screwed. Unless
    you are hung up on English language commentary.

    www.binsearch.com, search on msr.

    Thank you Mr Raket.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email hidden]

  3. Bob Schwartz said:

    www.binsearch.info, search on msr.

    (url repaired).

    --
    Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
    Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://gettbird.com/

  4. Thanks. I'm not too familiar with downloading uuencoded files. I installed
    nzbget in Linux and it appears to be working. Has anybody here used nzbget?
    Does it give a warning if all the parts of a binary aren't available? Does it
    stitch all the parts together after downloading them, or do I need another
    program to do that?

    J. Spaceman

    Ewoud Dronkert said:
    Bob Schwartz said:

    www.binsearch.info, search on msr.

    (url repaired).

    --
    My email address ([email hidden]) is fake. Email sent to it
    will only get caught in my spam tarpit.

  5. The supplied nzb-file refers to part 8 which failed to upload
    completely, so I guess it's kinda useless. Just collect all the separate
    ".part0x.rar" files, and use unrar (google) to unpack the archive. Use
    quickpar (google) to repair the archive using the supplied .par2 files.

    --
    Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
    Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://gettbird.com/

  6. Is there a .torrent file that I can use to download the file instead?

    J. Spaceman

    Ewoud Dronkert said:

    The supplied nzb-file refers to part 8 which failed to upload
    completely, so I guess it's kinda useless. Just collect all the separate
    ".part0x.rar" files, and use unrar (google) to unpack the archive. Use
    quickpar (google) to repair the archive using the supplied .par2 files.

    --
    My email address ([email hidden]) is fake. Email sent to it
    will only get caught in my spam tarpit.

  7. Jason Spaceman said:

    Is there a .torrent file that I can use to download the file instead?

    No.

    Quoted message said:
    Ewoud Dronkert said:

    The supplied nzb-file refers to part 8 which failed to upload
    completely, so I guess it's kinda useless. Just collect all the separate
    ".part0x.rar" files, and use unrar (google) to unpack the archive. Use
    quickpar (google) to repair the archive using the supplied .par2 files.

    I should clarify: the whole post is not useless, just the .nzb file.
    There are already a few reposts of parts, it should be easy to get all
    the .rar files complete.

    --
    Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
    Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://gettbird.com/

  8. Jason Spaceman said:

    Is there a .torrent file that I can use to download the file instead?

    J. Spaceman

    Torrents require trackers, and someone sitting there willing to upload.
    For files like this which are not very popular (compared to movies,
    [censored], etc) torrents don't work very well. Ewoud tried for a while, but
    his up connection is too slow, and not enough people become seeders.

    Usenet is great for unpopluar files like bike racing, because once
    uploaded, it doesn't matter how many people DL as long as they have a
    good ISP. Luckily, after Ewoud got shut down, Mr. Raket stepped in and
    started uploading files to alt.binaries.multimedia.sport.

    Jenko was right about emule, I was able to pull Stage 5 & 6 of Paris
    Nice from there. Danish TV i think?

  9. Jason Spaceman said:

    Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I ran unrar and it unpacked
    and created 4 files:

    20050319_msr_sprint.mpg (4067KB)
    20050319_msr_cipressa.mpg (99229KB)
    20050319_msr_finish.mpg (26216KB)
    20050319_msr_poggio.mpg (63025KB)

    I ran quickpar on one of the par2 files (for example
    msr05.vol00+01.par2) and it checked each of the rar files and finally
    said "Repair not needed". Although a couple of the files I downloaded
    from Usenet were broken (msr05.part08.rar_broken and
    msr05.vol07+08.par2_broken).

    So do I have the complete Milan-San Remo experience, ready for
    viewing? Or am I missing something?

    J. Spaceman

    You have the complete MSR experience as uploaded to a.b.m.s. The
    climbs, the final 2k, the replay. That's what I got, at least.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.