Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

No Gary, NO!, No Gary NO! nooooooooo GARY!!!!!!

Started by Jock · · Last activity · 22 posts · 977 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
29 August 2006
Last activity
3 September 2006
Original author
Jock
Posts
22
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
977
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 22
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/exolympian-jailed-over-stalking/2006/08/29/1156816880867.html
    Conflict resolution training and reality check required for Gary Niewand.
    Jock

    From SMH article:
    ''
    Former Olympic cyclist Gary Neiwand has been sentenced to 18 months' jail
    for stalking a former girlfriend and four other people.

    The former Australian champion pleaded guilty in Melbourne Magistrate's
    Court to five charges of stalking, two of theft, three of using a phone in
    an harassing manner and one of breaching an intervention order.

    Victorian Chief Magistrate Ian Gray today sentenced the 39-year-old Olympic
    silver medallist to 18 months' jail with a minimum term of nine months.

    Neiwand started making numerous hang-up calls to a woman's home and mobile
    phone early this year when she ended their brief relationship, the court
    heard.

    After the woman changed her phone numbers, he started making hang-up phone
    calls to her mother and sent sexually explicit text messages about the woman
    to her boss.

    He also sent abusive text messages to a former work colleague and two other
    people on a stolen mobile phone between May and July.

    Mr Gray described Neiwand's offending as very serious, particularly since he
    had a previous conviction for breaching an intervention order.

    "The message to the community must be clear and emphatic ... conduct of this
    nature, intending to cause fear and apprehension over a period of time is
    entirely unacceptable," Mr Gray said.

    He said he also took into account that the father of two was suffering
    depression and was struggling over his marriage break-up at the time of the
    offences.

    He said Neiwand now appeared to accept he needed help and he had good family
    support.

    In February, Neiwand was jailed for four months after breaching an
    intervention order requiring him to keep away from his ex-wife. He breached
    the order by driving past her house.

    Niewand, who won silver in the 1000m sprint at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics
    and numerous golds in Commonwealth Games and world title events during the
    1980s and 90s, will be eligible for parole in nine months, Mr Gray said.

    AAP ''

  2. Jock said:

    Niewand, who won silver in the 1000m sprint at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics
    and numerous golds in Commonwealth Games and world title events during the
    1980s and 90s, will be eligible for parole in nine months, Mr Gray said.

    I'm only reading the last para. Gary remains a legend cyclist. Let's
    avoid salacious interest in his unfortunate personal life.

    Donga

  3. Donga said:
    Jock said:

    Niewand, who won silver in the 1000m sprint at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics
    and numerous golds in Commonwealth Games and world title events during the
    1980s and 90s, will be eligible for parole in nine months, Mr Gray said.

    I'm only reading the last para. Gary remains a legend cyclist. Let's
    avoid salacious interest in his unfortunate personal life.

    Donga


    Like Cadel's broken collarbones, Floyd's shaved nuts, Tyler's Chimera,
    and Il Pirata's pedalling powder
    All grist for the mill, and stalking scumbags deserve what they get.

  4. Gumby said:

    Like Cadel's broken collarbones, Floyd's shaved nuts, Tyler's Chimera,
    and Il Pirata's pedalling powder
    All grist for the mill, and stalking scumbags deserve what they get.

    Next you'll be wanting rugby league players to be sober, gentle,
    moderately sexed, cultured gentlemen.

  5. "Donga" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm only reading the last para. Gary remains a legend cyclist. Let's
    avoid salacious interest in his unfortunate personal life.

    Donga


    unfortunate? the bloke, while an elite cyclist in his day, is a proven
    serial stalker. He took a slash in his ex's wine glass or something last
    time, he's got a few loose spokes and has done it all again & needs help.
    Salacious, while a good word is not my spin on public interest in the capers
    of a person who needs a slap.
    I mean, CLI has been around for years now - he's dumb as dogcrap to do the
    stuff he has done.
    Jock

  6. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:


    Gumby said:

    Like Cadel's broken collarbones, Floyd's shaved nuts, Tyler's Chimera,
    and Il Pirata's pedalling powder
    All grist for the mill, and stalking scumbags deserve what they get.

    Next you'll be wanting rugby league players to be sober, gentle,
    moderately sexed, cultured gentlemen.


    So what, he's still a criminal.

    You may as well slap some blinkers on methinks, being a cyclist does not
    make one a god.

  7. Ray said:

    So what, he's still a criminal.

    You may as well slap some blinkers on methinks, being a cyclist does not
    make one a god.

    OK, time for moral declarations everyone. Any convicts amongst us? We'd
    like to know, so we can villify you. By the way, your accomplishments
    count for nothing now.

    Donga

  8. In aus.bicycle on 29 Aug 2006 14:18:22 -0700

    Donga said:


    OK, time for moral declarations everyone. Any convicts amongst us? We'd
    like to know, so we can villify you. By the way, your accomplishments
    count for nothing now.

    Alternatively "hands up those who want to break the law and cause
    others anguish and fear and injury - just be genetically endowed with
    the ability to ride a pushbike really fast and you can get away with
    anything!"

    That he was a high level athlete is nothing to do with him having
    committed nasty crimes. It's just irrelevant. If he'd not been able
    to ride a pushbike really fast would you defend him?

    Zebee

  9. Donga said:
    Ray said:

    So what, he's still a criminal.

    You may as well slap some blinkers on methinks, being a cyclist does not
    make one a god.

    OK, time for moral declarations everyone. Any convicts amongst us? We'd
    like to know, so we can villify you. By the way, your accomplishments
    count for nothing now.

    Donga

    You obviously haven't heard the "F**k one goat" joke.

    Friday

  10. Friday said:

    Donga wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    OK, time for moral declarations everyone. Any convicts amongst us?
    We'd like to know, so we can villify you. By the way, your
    accomplishments count for nothing now.

    Quoted message said:

    You obviously haven't heard the "F**k one goat" joke.

    Phew! Glad I read this before I replied to Donga. :-)

    Theo

  11. Zebee Johnstone said:

    That he was a high level athlete is nothing to do with him having
    committed nasty crimes. It's just irrelevant. If he'd not been able
    to ride a pushbike really fast would you defend him?

    So what you're saying is it has nothing to do with his cycling? I
    agree. If so, why is it on this list?

    As to defending him, some folk are pretty short on compassion and
    pretty quick to judge. Enter the shock jocks. Exit the folks with any
    secret shame of their own.

    Donga

  12. Donga said:


    OK, time for moral declarations everyone. Any convicts amongst us? We'd
    like to know, so we can villify you. By the way, your accomplishments
    count for nothing now.

    Donga


    I got caught lighting a flaming edgar - no conviction recorded, so I guess I'm not a convict

  13. Donga said:


    OK, time for moral declarations everyone. Any convicts amongst us? We'd
    like to know, so we can villify you. By the way, your accomplishments
    count for nothing now.

    I think so, Nana tells me that we were sent to Australia about 200 years back for the crime of "drowning the lord's rabbits".. no idea who the 'lord' was, though I'm guessing he was some [censored]..

    ..and no surprises to anyone that I'm possibly a decedent of convicts... 🙂

  14. monsterman said:

    I got caught lighting a flaming edgar - no conviction recorded, so I
    guess I'm not a convict

    I was about to google 'flaming edgar', but the internet police might
    pick it up. Say what? If it's what I'm thinking, you just got elevated
    to demigod!

    Donga

  15. Donga said:
    monsterman said:

    I got caught lighting a flaming edgar - no conviction recorded, so I
    guess I'm not a convict

    I was about to google 'flaming edgar', but the internet police might
    pick it up. Say what? If it's what I'm thinking, you just got elevated
    to demigod!

    Donga

    setting fire to a paper bag containing a turd, leaving it on a
    doorstep, ringing the doorbell and running away, well far enough to
    watch.
    But you got caught, did you have to stamp the flame yourself?

  16. gumby said:

    setting fire to a paper bag containing a turd, leaving it on a
    doorstep, ringing the doorbell and running away, well far enough to
    watch.
    But you got caught, did you have to stamp the flame yourself?


    I tried to run. Lets just say I'm not a sprinter.

    Further, amateurs use canine product

  17. monsterman said:

    I tried to run. Lets just say I'm not a sprinter.

    Ah, the other possible definition was the 'dance of the flaming
    [censored]'. You've just DQed yourself from that too.

    Donga

  18. monsterman said:

    I tried to run. Lets just say I'm not a sprinter.

    Further, amateurs use canine product

    so you are a hillcliber who used your own? what did they do to deserve
    the edgar? please dont let the answer be an ex-girlfriend.

  19. gumby said:

    so you are a hillcliber who used your own? what did they do to deserve
    the edgar? please dont let the answer be an ex-girlfriend.

    hehehe. And don't let the answer be Theo - he got pretty upset before
    about doing this in a letterbox. Was it you, MM?

  20. gumby said:


    so you are a hillcliber who used your own? what did they do to deserve
    the edgar? please dont let the answer be an ex-girlfriend.


    can't climb either I'm afraid. I'm more of a "rouleur" / lead out man😄

    The target had it coming - bast@rd turned his garden hose on me (no, thats not a euphemism) as I was bunny hopping my mongoose (chrome-moly with tuff wheels & cook bros handle bars - my favourite all time bike that some little [censored] stole - he'd have copped more than a flaming edgar if I ever found him) over his rose garden [Ed Note - MM was 12 yo at the time of the alleged offence]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.