rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

New Years Day Adventure

Started by aspenmike · · Last activity · 14 posts · 194 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
2 January 2008
Last activity
4 January 2008
Original author
aspenmike
Posts
14
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
194
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–14 of 14
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Woke up to -26 C (-14)Ftemps, and colorado blue sky today. The skiing
    has been fantastic this December, a record snowfall December at that.
    Had to get out for a spin, annual event, so dressed up appropriately
    and rode down the icy/snowpacked roads and trails. Most of the
    roads/trails were good for riding, as long as I did not attempt any
    quick turns. Today was the first day the mountains have been out of the
    clouds for quite awhile so I took a bunch of photo's, and I will share
    them with you all. I ended up spending a couple of hours on the 36er,
    did some small climbs, pretty hard on the snowpacked roads though, and
    ended up in town which was really fun. Lot's of people in town these
    days, so I had a blast spinnin around them. Happy New Year, hope you
    all got to do something fun today 😄

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: Mike New Year 08' uni009P1060982.JPG |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/24222 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    aspenmike
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. awesome trail riding 😄

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: Mike New Year 08' uni 1010P1060994.JPG |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/24223 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    aspenmike
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. Bottom of Ajax
    p.s. they snowmelt the plaza :eek:

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: Mike New Year 08' uni 2011P1070002.JPG |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/24224 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    aspenmike
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. OMG 🙂 Breathtaking!

    --
    teachndad

    Rod Wylie 'MountainUnicyclingLA.com'
    (http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
    'UnicycleTips.com' (http://UnicycleTips.com)
    'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  5. Looks absolutely amazing, however makes me happy to know that we don't
    really get below 2 or 3 degrees C here in Cape Town in winter. BTW...
    what's that white stuff ?? 🙂 🙂 🙂

    --
    JohnnyReggae

    "Take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
    And build them a home, a little place of their own.
    The Fletcher Memorial Home for Incurable Tyrants and Kings."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JohnnyReggae's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15061
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  6. aspenmike said:

    Woke up to -26 C (-14)Ftemps, and colorado blue sky today. ... Today was
    the first day the mountains have been out of the clouds for quite
    awhile so I took a bunch of photo's, and I will share them with you
    all. ...

    I like the photo of the mountains.

    You must have very warm blood. 😉

    --
    Wheel Rider

    A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
    blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  7. Great shots Mike,

    Now that the touristas are gone, we have our towns back to ourselves.🙂
    🙂
    The skiing is great and the sun is back out! It's still bitter cold but
    that should improve this week!

    --
    Bondo
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bondo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15716
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  8. wow so much snow, i wish i got that much snow where i live, we only ever
    get about 1 or 2cm if were lucky, england is rubbish cos it rains to
    much.

    i didnt do anythin on new years day except my paper round 🙁

    --
    1-wheeled-grape

    My life evolves around dumb ideas and unicycling
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1-wheeled-grape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15877
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  9. that is insane, it's like 70 degrees here 🙂

    love the pictures, it's hard for me to imagine such a different climate
    at the same time of year.

    --
    mornish

    aim:kiloornish
    email: mornish AT gmail DOT com'myspace' (www.myspace.com/mornish)

    spencer said:

    just think of it like a roller coaster.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  10. I'm going skiing this weekend, can't wait! Although I won't be
    unicycling at the mountain, just skiing....

    --
    forrestunifreak

    I will, because I can.
    '*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
    *www.qu-ax.com* *unicycle for
    christ*

    Joe 'Hodgekins said:

    Oh... they don't kick bricks, do they?


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  11. I can't resist clicking on an aspenmike thread. If it's aspenmike, you
    know there's going to be at least one postcard-ready picture in there.
    This one did not disappoint either! I liked the shadow one too.

    --
    johnfoss

    John Foss
    Email: "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com
    -----------------------------------------------

    Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
    lately?"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  12. johnfoss said:

    I can't resist clicking on an aspenmike thread. If it's aspenmike, you
    know there's going to be at least one postcard-ready picture in there.
    This one did not disappoint either! I liked the shadow one too.

    same here, +1

    --
    scotthue
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    scotthue's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14601
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  13. Bondo said:

    Great shots Mike,

    Now that the touristas are gone, we have our towns back to ourselves.🙂
    🙂
    The skiing is great and the sun is back out! It's still bitter cold but
    that should improve this week!

    Cold is gone, (only -6C )tourists are gone, and the Powder is back,
    another weekend storm on its way, yippee.

    johnfoss said:

    I can't resist clicking on an aspenmike thread. If it's aspenmike, you
    know there's going to be at least one postcard-ready picture in there.
    This one did not disappoint either! I liked the shadow one too.

    Thanks John! It is a great time of year for LONG shadows.

    csuko said:

    Great Shots! I went for a New Years day ride too. It isn't quite as cold
    here only about -9C. However, it has been cloudy here forever and
    finally we have have some sun. I love the cold sunny weather!

    Glad you liked the shots, and cold sunny weather is nice, the air is
    typically so clean and you can see forever.

    One last shadow shot

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: Mike New Year 08' uni 3012P1060993.JPG |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/24290 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    aspenmike
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  14. johnfoss said:

    I can't resist clicking on an aspenmike thread. If it's aspenmike, you
    know there's going to be at least one postcard-ready picture in there.
    This one did not disappoint either! I liked the shadow one too.

    Have to agree.
    Every time I see an Aspenmike or a Mikefule thread, I just know it's
    going to be good.

    Hmm... two Mikes.

    You think by any chance they are the same person?

    --
    Into the blue

    ok you primitive screwheads, listen up! you see this? this... is my
    boomstick!





    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Into the blue's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12084
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/66703

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.