rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

New Vid: San Juan Loop trail 10.8.06

Started by MuniAddict · · Last activity · 15 posts · 387 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
10 October 2006
Last activity
11 October 2006
Original author
MuniAddict
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
387
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Probably the most technical trail overall that we've done together.
    Geloadders says it's only 2.5 miles, but it had to be more than double
    that! Very narrow with craggly, pointy, cascading rock for the majority
    of the trail.

    Off Ortega highway near lake Elsinore. Awsome. We'll do this one again!
    First time I've ever *not* seen a single mtb on a trail! But then
    again, it's beyond difficult. But that's what makes it fun! 😄
    *
    Link:**


    *

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: San Juan Loop 021.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/15558 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    MuniAddict

    "There is an -idea-, of a Patrick Bateman"

    "They all float down here"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  2. Wow, from the look of that trail, 2.5 miles is probably plenty! Then
    some nice poison water at the end... Caution: One of the reasons they
    might say not to drink it is giardia (sp?). That's what's in the rivers
    along our local trails, and it can be difficult to diagnose, and nasty.

    --
    johnfoss

    John Foss
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com
    -----------------------------------------------

    "The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
    -- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  3. Yo, Terry:

    Kindly post directions to that trail. Where's the drop in? How do you
    shuttle it? All that Jazz.

    Thanks,

    JL

    --
    vivalargo
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  4. This is the geoladders link that has all the trail info.

    http://tinyurl.com/jypke

    It's 2/3 of the way between san juan cap and lake elsinore, directly
    off of route 74 (ortega highway). I want to do it again, soon!😄

    --
    MuniAddict

    "There is an -idea-, of a Patrick Bateman"

    "They all float down here"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  5. It's a big parking lot, right across from the Candy Store about 20 miles
    from Antonio Prkwy.
    I laughed most the way through that vid! What a great, fun day.
    I was teasing Perry about not drinking the waer. The sign says "Pump
    water for a few minutes before drinking" Got a good reaction from him
    though.

    --
    jrdugueod

    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jrdugueod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12054
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  6. vivalargo said:

    Yo, Terry:

    Kindly post directions to that trail. Where's the drop in? How do you
    shuttle it? All that Jazz.

    Thanks,

    JL

    My house is 20 minutes from there, if your going to drive down, I'm on
    the way and would be glad to drive you.

    --
    jrdugueod

    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jrdugueod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12054
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  7. Big T
    That was -fun,- *Good video*. Doc. thanks for driving. hope you find
    some really fun trials while in in Santa Rosa. ps any one ride in or
    around santa rosa PM me. thanks to all for so much fun. 😄

    --
    UniMOG

    You live only once
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniMOG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12409
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  8. Terry, Jrdug, et al:

    I've gotta go to North Carolina tomorrow for work but (probably) get
    back on Friday, unless we have to film part of the Duke/Florida St.
    game, then i won't be back till Sat. night. Either way I'd like to
    ride that trail on Sunday if you guys are up for it.

    JL

    --
    vivalargo
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  9. vivalargo said:

    Terry, Jrdug, et al:

    I've gotta go to North Carolina tomorrow for work but (probably) get
    back on Friday, unless we have to film part of the Duke/Florida St.
    game, then i won't be back till Sat. night. Either way I'd like to
    ride that trail on Sunday if you guys are up for it.

    JL

    Sunday would be good!

    --
    jrdugueod

    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jrdugueod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12054
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  10. vivalargo said:

    Terry, Jrdug, et al:

    I've gotta go to North Carolina tomorrow for work but (probably) get
    back on Friday, unless we have to film part of the Duke/Florida St.
    game, then i won't be back till Sat. night. Either way I'd like to
    ride that trail on Sunday if you guys are up for it.

    JL

    Yeah that sounds like somethin'. I wanna ride saturday too!

    --
    MuniAddict

    "There is an -idea-, of a Patrick Bateman"

    "They all float down here"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  11. "Trail" is a generous term for what you guys rode.

    Nice job!

    --
    pedalone

    Unitopia: A perfect place where every dismount is a planned and wanted
    dismount.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pedalone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11867
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  12. Nice vid.
    Looks like a fun place to ride!!!

    --
    Job

    'My Unicycle Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ndro5)

    Quoted message said:

    <>UNICYCLING FOR FUN<><


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Job's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11945
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  13. pedalone said:

    "Trail" is a generous term for what you guys rode.

    Nice job!

    Yeah, it's more like a....frozen "river" of rocks!

    --
    MuniAddict

    "There is an -idea-, of a Patrick Bateman"

    "They all float down here"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  14. I wish i had a muni... man i live so close too...

    --
    timbob1907

    Cheers,
    ___Tim

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    timbob1907 said:

    You have a CX?

    Ducttape said:

    yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in disguise.....


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

  15. timbob1907 said:

    I wish i had a muni... man i live so close too...

    Where in CA do you live?😕 If it's Berkeley, CA, then I'd say
    you're about 500 miles away.

    --
    MuniAddict

    "There is an -idea-, of a Patrick Bateman"

    "They all float down here"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53973

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.