rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

New trick landed for me...Crankflip.

Started by juggle508 · · Last activity · 23 posts · 639 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
4 September 2005
Last activity
5 September 2006
Original author
juggle508
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
639
Views / 30 days
1

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Yes thats right, today i just landed a crankflip. I am so pumped. I got
    it on vid and will have to load it into the gallery soon.

    So how many people can actually do one? I know theres alot but anyone
    got any guesses?

    Kelly.

    P.S. It took me about 30 minutes.

    --
    juggle508 - Street unicyclist.

    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

    ---------- Joshua 1:9----------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  2. Nice, can you do a full crankflip or does it only go around half way?
    From my experience half crankflips are extremely easy and full ones are
    really hard. I have only done a full one on a 16" uni but i didnt land
    it🙁

    --
    litldude2 - Spencer

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    ________________
    LitlDude2: you suck
    Byrnetown: yea
    ________________
    beware of the evan!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    litldude2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6134
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  3. It was a full crankflip.

    It wasn't that hard. I didn't even think bout trying it and then i
    practiced for like 30 minutes and landed it..

    Doesn't a crankflip HAVE TO go a full revolution or other wise its not
    called a crankflip?

    O well who cares...Im just pumped.

    --
    juggle508 - Street unicyclist.

    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

    ---------- Joshua 1:9----------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  4. That is awesome

    I'm sure more have landed it, but this is my list
    me (Mike Clark)
    Brian Lundgren
    Shaun Johanneson
    Nik Caffroy
    Sabin Arditty
    Dan Heaton
    Xavir Collos
    Jusitn Kohse
    Keaton Miller

    --
    onetrack - Stair Master

    "People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
    lines."
    -Klaas Bil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  5. juggle508 said:

    *It was a full crankflip.

    It wasn't that hard. I didn't even think bout trying it and then i
    practiced for like 30 minutes and landed it..

    Doesn't a crankflip HAVE TO go a full revolution or other wise its not
    called a crankflip?

    O well who cares...Im just pumped. *

    Thats really cool, do you have any tips to get it to spin all the way?
    It seems like no matter how hard i try to push it i can only get it
    around half way.

    --
    litldude2 - Spencer

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    ________________
    LitlDude2: you suck
    Byrnetown: yea
    ________________
    beware of the evan!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    litldude2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6134
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  6. Simon Jatko, Alex Toms.

    Dude that's sick man, congrats on the flip. Keep us updated on the moves
    or how you bust it. Laters

    -Shaun Johanneson

    --
    unifreak7 - Flip, Spin, and Grind

    Now starting to get good!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  7. what is a crankflip?

    --
    max_pfeifer - street, trials, whatever

    what do you give to the man who has everything? ...Nothing!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    max_pfeifer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7644
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  8. max_pfeifer said:

    *what is a crankflip? *

    Its where you are riding, jump up, take you feet off the pedals, the
    wheel rotates a full revolution, and you land with your feet back on the
    pedals.

    --
    juggle508 - Street unicyclist.

    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

    ---------- Joshua 1:9----------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  9. ^ What is it called when you jump up and pedal one full revolution while
    in the air?

    I thought that was a crankflip. Oh well, something new/harder to
    practice now.

    --
    burjzyntski - thejoeb

    It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

    "Every silver lining has a touch of gray."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    burjzyntski's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10188
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  10. James_Potter said:

    *No, that's called a 'rotator'
    (http://unicyclist.org/cont/play.cfm?pi=m320240rotator).*

    The guy who invented it calls it a rev (short for revolution).

    variations that have been landed are:

    half rev, half pedal
    back rev, pedaling backwards
    rev.5, pedal and a half
    180 rev, 180 how twist while pedaling
    180 back rev, 180 hoptwist while pedaling backwards

    I've seen Nik Caffroy do most of these down 5 sets.

    I don't think anyone has done a 360 rev yet.

    --
    onetrack - Stair Master

    "People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
    lines."
    -Klaas Bil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  11. I can do a half rev 180 lol.

    Mike, check your pm's.

    --
    juggle508 - Street unicyclist.

    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

    ---------- Joshua 1:9----------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  12. I now how my video in the gallery. Its of my very first crankflip.
    YAY.

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/free4all

    Page 10 at the bottom. Juggle508 crankflip.

    Kelly.

    --
    juggle508 - Street unicyclist.

    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

    ---------- Joshua 1:9----------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  13. Any tips on getng the cranks around?

    --
    Evan Byrne - I Bc.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  14. I've done a 360 back rev. once. I'm working on getting it on film.

    Still can't cranckflip though but it might just be a question of
    pedals?? I don't know... it just doesn't work out for me.

    --
    Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

    I own Total_Uni's soul
    and yes this means I also own your soul Evan_Byrne.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  15. Hey Murde, If i give you a tip on revs can i have my soul back?

    --
    Evan Byrne - I Bc.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  16. dude, I do not need your tips on revs. I own those like I own your soul.

    --
    Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

    I own Total_Uni's soul
    and yes this means I also own your soul Evan_Byrne.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  17. Pft fine, How are hte teeth looking?

    --
    Evan Byrne - I Bc.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  18. niiiice

    Chase

    --
    Unitik908 - The Lone Clothespin....

    All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
    R.I.P Unibiker
    R.I.P Gazzaloddi
    R.I.P Paul Hester
    R.I.P James Doohan
    R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
    R.I.P Peter Jennings
    R.I.P Pope John Paul II
    R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
    YAMS

    -last edited by the dave on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unitik908's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8690
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  19. Unitik908 said:

    *niiiice

    Chase *

    Umm, on my computer it says that was posted by Unitik908 but then it
    says its edited by THE dave...can you edit other peoples posts?

    --
    litldude2 - Spencer

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    ________________
    LitlDude2: you suck
    Byrnetown: yea
    ________________
    beware of the evan!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    litldude2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6134
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

  20. litldude2 said:

    *Umm, on my computer it says that was posted by Unitik908 but then it
    says its edited by THE dave...can you edit other peoples posts? *


    He just added it to his sig line.

    --
    skate4flip - level 6

    Post 23,000 in the Most Relpys thread!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43057

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.