Bike Cafe · Public discussion

New to the forum/rediscovering biking

Started by jbes3 · · Last activity · 6 posts · 1,848 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
11 November 2009
Last activity
13 November 2009
Original author
jbes3
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,848
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all! I am a relatively new biker again from Byron, GA, USA. I found out that I am considered a Clydesdale, and want to bike more to move out of that group. I took about a 10 year break from bicycles, and forgot how much fun it was. I purchased a TREK 2300 at a community yard sale from a guy who got bored of riding. I have had it for about 3 months, but haven't been on it a ton becuase I haven't had time. Now... I do! I also enjoy crossfit (one of the reasons I became a Clydedale), and would love to do sprint triathalons in the future. I really need to get some swimming in! LOL! I look forward to "chatting" with ya'll! Hope to hear from you soon.

  2. Welcome, and ride a lot.

  3. Welcome aboard!

  4. jbes3 said:

    Hi all! I am a relatively new biker again from Byron, GA, USA. I found out that I am considered a Clydesdale, and want to bike more to move out of that group. I took about a 10 year break from bicycles, and forgot how much fun it was. I purchased a TREK 2300 at a community yard sale from a guy who got bored of riding. I have had it for about 3 months, but haven't been on it a ton becuase I haven't had time. Now... I do! I also enjoy crossfit (one of the reasons I became a Clydedale), and would love to do sprint triathalons in the future. I really need to get some swimming in! LOL! I look forward to "chatting" with ya'll! Hope to hear from you soon.

    failte .'wellcome' what state is GA in the US...?

  5. Quoted post said:

    what state is GA in the US...?

    Georgia, little bit north of Florida. 🙂

  6. jbes3 said:

    Hi all! I am a relatively new biker again from Byron, GA, USA. I found out that I am considered a Clydesdale, and want to bike more to move out of that group. .... Hope to hear from you soon.


    Welcome to the forum. I am relatively new to the forum as well. I guess the slang and terminology differs a bit from Georgia to California. Here a "biker" rides a motorcycle and a "cyclist" would never use that term, and I haven't heard the term Clydesdale used in cycling, though I can intuitively and from context understand your meaning. I fear that at 6'-3 1/2" and 238 lbs I am one. I am aiming for 225 lbs, when maybe I can be considered a quarter horse, but I may never be a thoroughbred!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.