General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

New (to me) Trader Joe's find

Started by Joyce · · Last activity · 66 posts · 1,793 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
26 January 2004
Last activity
26 January 2004
Original author
Joyce
Posts
66
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,793
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 66
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but thought I would pass my most
    recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq sandwich lately, but have avoided it due to
    obvious reasons. <g> While shopping in Trader Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one
    with the chicken sausages) a white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat
    content ... 60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it a try. It was
    buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until today when I was scrounging for
    something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had already been devoured, as well as lettuce and salad
    fixins. So out it came, toasted two pieces of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and
    heated up 1 serving of the bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than enough
    for a single sandwich!

    Joyce

  2. thanks, I am thinking of a special trip your way just for the store, Lee,
    drooling
    Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but


    thought I

    Quoted message said:

    would pass my most recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq


    sandwich

    Quoted message said:

    lately, but have avoided it due to obvious reasons. <g> While shopping in


    Trader

    Quoted message said:

    Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one with the chicken


    sausages) a

    Quoted message said:

    white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat


    content ...

    Quoted message said:

    60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it a


    try. It

    Quoted message said:

    was buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until


    today when

    Quoted message said:

    I was scrounging for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had


    already been

    Quoted message said:

    devoured, as well as lettuce and salad fixins. So out it came, toasted


    two pieces

    Quoted message said:

    of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and heated up 1 serving


    of the

    Quoted message said:

    bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than enough


    for a

    Quoted message said:

    single sandwich!

    Joyce

  3. there are no Trader Joes anywhere around here - whine!

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    thanks, I am thinking of a special trip your way just for the store, Lee, drooling Joyce
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but


    thought I

    Quoted message said:

    would pass my most recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq


    sandwich

    Quoted message said:

    lately, but have avoided it due to obvious reasons. <g> While shopping


    in

    Quoted message said:

    Trader

    Quoted message said:

    Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one with the chicken


    sausages) a

    Quoted message said:

    white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat


    content ...

    Quoted message said:

    60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it


    a

    Quoted message said:

    try. It

    Quoted message said:

    was buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until


    today when

    Quoted message said:

    I was scrounging for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had


    already been

    Quoted message said:

    devoured, as well as lettuce and salad fixins. So out it came, toasted


    two pieces

    Quoted message said:

    of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and heated up 1


    serving

    Quoted message said:

    of the

    Quoted message said:

    bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than enough


    for a

    Quoted message said:

    single sandwich!

    Joyce

  4. None here either. And I've scolded Joyce before about bragging such finds. It's just not fair!

    Prairie Roots

    Lesanne said:

    there are no Trader Joes anywhere around here - whine!

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    thanks, I am thinking of a special trip your way just for the store, Lee, drooling Joyce
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but


    thought I

    Quoted message said:

    would pass my most recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq


    sandwich

    Quoted message said:

    lately, but have avoided it due to obvious reasons. <g> While shopping


    in

    Quoted message said:

    Trader

    Quoted message said:

    Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one with the chicken


    sausages) a

    Quoted message said:

    white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat


    content ...

    Quoted message said:

    60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it


    a

    Quoted message said:

    try. It

    Quoted message said:

    was buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until


    today when

    Quoted message said:

    I was scrounging for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had


    already been

    Quoted message said:

    devoured, as well as lettuce and salad fixins. So out it came, toasted


    two pieces

    Quoted message said:

    of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and heated up 1


    serving

    Quoted message said:

    of the

    Quoted message said:

    bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than enough


    for a

    Quoted message said:

    single sandwich!

    Joyce



  5. No Trader Joe's near me either Joyce. Would thinly sliced chicken breast and bbq sauce be similar?
    --
    Brenda
    209/176/150 RafL goal 165

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but


    thought I

    Quoted message said:

    would pass my most recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq


    sandwich

    Quoted message said:

    lately, but have avoided it due to obvious reasons. <g> While shopping in


    Trader

    Quoted message said:

    Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one with the chicken


    sausages) a

    Quoted message said:

    white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat


    content ...

    Quoted message said:

    60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it a


    try. It

    Quoted message said:

    was buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until


    today when

    Quoted message said:

    I was scrounging for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had


    already been

    Quoted message said:

    devoured, as well as lettuce and salad fixins. So out it came, toasted


    two pieces

    Quoted message said:

    of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and heated up 1 serving


    of the

    Quoted message said:

    bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than enough


    for a

    Quoted message said:

    single sandwich!

    Joyce

  6. STOP finding new Trader Joe temptations!!!!!!!! (g)

    I do need some of their low fat sausages. And, folks, it is within walking distance of my house as
    is Whole Paycheck, I mean Whole Foods. Actually, I could hit both of them in about a 2 mile or
    less loop.

    Joyce said:

    I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but thought I would pass my most
    recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq sandwich lately, but have avoided it due to
    obvious reasons. <g> While shopping in Trader Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one
    with the chicken sausages) a white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat
    content ... 60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it a try. It was
    buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until today when I was scrounging for
    something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had already been devoured, as well as lettuce and salad
    fixins. So out it came, toasted two pieces of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and
    heated up 1 serving of the bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than enough
    for a single sandwich!

    Joyce

  7. It's shredded chicken, but you could use sliced. You would also want to make sure you had a light
    bbq sauce - or the calories would probably go higher. But there really is no reason you couldn't
    make it yourself, would be easy enough. I'm too lazy. <G>

    Joyce

    Brenda Hammond said:

    No Trader Joe's near me either Joyce. Would thinly sliced chicken breast and bbq sauce be similar?
    --
    Brenda
    209/176/150 RafL goal 165

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but


    thought I

    Quoted message said:

    would pass my most recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq


    sandwich

    Quoted message said:

    lately, but have avoided it due to obvious reasons. <g> While shopping in


    Trader

    Quoted message said:

    Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one with the chicken


    sausages) a

    Quoted message said:

    white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat


    content ...

    Quoted message said:

    60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it a


    try. It

    Quoted message said:

    was buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until


    today when

    Quoted message said:

    I was scrounging for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had


    already been

    Quoted message said:

    devoured, as well as lettuce and salad fixins. So out it came, toasted


    two pieces

    Quoted message said:

    of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and heated up 1 serving


    of the

    Quoted message said:

    bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than enough


    for a

    Quoted message said:

    single sandwich!

    Joyce

  8. LOL! Yes sir! At least the temptations I am finding are somewhat good ones. <G>

    I also need to make a TJ run, am out of sausages, tomato soup , lasagna and enchiladas. I've been
    looking for their dried guava, but my store didn't have it last time I was there. I love the whole
    foods nickname. I don't go there very often, for that very reason ... too danged high priced for
    me. At least it is in the opposite direction of Trader Joe's - next town over (but only a few
    short miles).

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    STOP finding new Trader Joe temptations!!!!!!!! (g)

    I do need some of their low fat sausages. And, folks, it is within walking distance of my house as
    is Whole Paycheck, I mean Whole Foods. Actually, I could hit both of them in about a 2 mile or
    less loop.

    Joyce said:

    I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but thought I would pass my most
    recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq sandwich lately, but have avoided it due to
    obvious reasons. <g> While shopping in Trader Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one
    with the chicken sausages) a white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat
    content ... 60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it a try. It was
    buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until today when I was scrounging
    for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had already been devoured, as well as lettuce and
    salad fixins. So out it came, toasted two pieces of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns)
    and heated up 1 serving of the bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than
    enough for a single sandwich!

    Joyce

  9. We have Whole Foods here and I've gone once. They don't carry much that I can't elsewhere for a
    WHOLE lot less. They're even pricier than the grocery stores with carpet on the floors and
    chandeliers on the ceilings, or my home delivery grocery store. They're also in the opposite
    direction of most everywhere I frequent.

    Bet I'd go out of my way, though, for Trader Joe's.

    Fred said:

    STOP finding new Trader Joe temptations!!!!!!!! (g)

    I do need some of their low fat sausages. And, folks, it is within walking distance of my house as
    is Whole Paycheck, I mean Whole Foods. Actually, I could hit both of them in about a 2 mile or
    less loop.

    Joyce said:

    I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but thought I would pass my most
    recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq sandwich lately, but have avoided it due to
    obvious reasons. <g> While shopping in Trader Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one
    with the chicken sausages) a white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat
    content ... 60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it a try. It was
    buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until today when I was scrounging
    for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had already been devoured, as well as lettuce and
    salad fixins. So out it came, toasted two pieces of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns)
    and heated up 1 serving of the bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than
    enough for a single sandwich!

    Joyce

    Prairie Roots
    232/167/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  10. would carrying the bags count as weight training, Lee
    Fred <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    STOP finding new Trader Joe temptations!!!!!!!! (g)

    I do need some of their low fat sausages. And, folks, it is within walking distance of my house as
    is Whole Paycheck, I mean Whole Foods. Actually, I could hit both of them in about a 2 mile or
    less loop.

    Joyce said:

    I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but


    thought I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    would pass my most recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq


    sandwich

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    lately, but have avoided it due to obvious reasons. <g> While shopping


    in Trader

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one with the chicken


    sausages) a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat


    content ...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it a


    try. It

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until


    today when

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I was scrounging for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had


    already been

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    devoured, as well as lettuce and salad fixins. So out it came, toasted


    two pieces

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and heated up 1 serving


    of the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than enough


    for a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    single sandwich!

    Joyce

  11. Nowhere near here either, Lesanne... *whining along with you*

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.6/172

    Here's our FAQ: didian.comasdww and welcome notice:
    geocities.comindex.html

    "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    there are no Trader Joes anywhere around here - whine!

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    thanks, I am thinking of a special trip your way just for the store,


    Lee,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    drooling Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but


    thought I

    Quoted message said:

    would pass my most recent find along. I have had such a taste for a


    bbq

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sandwich

    Quoted message said:

    lately, but have avoided it due to obvious reasons. <g> While


    shopping

    Quoted message said:

    in

    Quoted message said:

    Trader

    Quoted message said:

    Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one with the chicken


    sausages) a

    Quoted message said:

    white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat


    content ...

    Quoted message said:

    60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give


    it

    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:

    try. It

    Quoted message said:

    was buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ...


    until

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    today when

    Quoted message said:

    I was scrounging for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had


    already been

    Quoted message said:

    devoured, as well as lettuce and salad fixins. So out it came,


    toasted

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    two pieces

    Quoted message said:

    of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and heated up 1


    serving

    Quoted message said:

    of the

    Quoted message said:

    bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than


    enough

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for a

    Quoted message said:

    single sandwich!

    Joyce



  12. Awwww, I'm sorry dear. I have no idea as to how they pick there locations, isn't much of a regional
    thing since I am in Chicago and Fred is in Washington - that's a fur piece apart. <g> Maybe you
    could write them and suggest they look into starting in your area? Maybe they haven't test marketed
    the area for any interest? I do love the place though, lots of interesting things.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    there are no Trader Joes anywhere around here - whine!

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    thanks, I am thinking of a special trip your way just for the store, Lee, drooling Joyce
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but


    thought I

    Quoted message said:

    would pass my most recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq


    sandwich

    Quoted message said:

    lately, but have avoided it due to obvious reasons. <g> While shopping


    in

    Quoted message said:

    Trader

    Quoted message said:

    Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one with the chicken


    sausages) a

    Quoted message said:

    white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat


    content ...

    Quoted message said:

    60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it


    a

    Quoted message said:

    try. It

    Quoted message said:

    was buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until


    today when

    Quoted message said:

    I was scrounging for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had


    already been

    Quoted message said:

    devoured, as well as lettuce and salad fixins. So out it came, toasted


    two pieces

    Quoted message said:

    of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and heated up 1


    serving

    Quoted message said:

    of the

    Quoted message said:

    bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than enough


    for a

    Quoted message said:

    single sandwich!

    Joyce



  13. I was just shopping for sauce, and they range from 15 to over fifty calories
    with a big diversity in fat as well, I ended up with something called stubbs
    I think, is the 15 calorie one and is very good, in fact close to the sauce
    on the frozen pork at sams club which is NOT point friendly, Lee
    Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    It's shredded chicken, but you could use sliced. You would also want to


    make sure

    Quoted message said:

    you had a light bbq sauce - or the calories would probably go higher. But


    there

    Quoted message said:

    really is no reason you couldn't make it yourself, would be easy enough.


    I'm too

    Quoted message said:

    lazy. <G>

    Joyce

    Brenda Hammond said:

    No Trader Joe's near me either Joyce. Would thinly sliced chicken breast and bbq sauce be
    similar?
    --
    Brenda
    209/176/150 RafL goal 165

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but


    thought I

    Quoted message said:

    would pass my most recent find along. I have had such a taste for a


    bbq

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sandwich

    Quoted message said:

    lately, but have avoided it due to obvious reasons. <g> While shopping


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Trader

    Quoted message said:

    Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one with the chicken


    sausages) a

    Quoted message said:

    white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat


    content ...

    Quoted message said:

    60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    try. It

    Quoted message said:

    was buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until


    today when

    Quoted message said:

    I was scrounging for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had


    already been

    Quoted message said:

    devoured, as well as lettuce and salad fixins. So out it came, toasted


    two pieces

    Quoted message said:

    of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and heated up 1


    serving

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    of the

    Quoted message said:

    bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than


    enough

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for a

    Quoted message said:

    single sandwich!

    Joyce

  14. Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I also need to make a TJ run, am out of sausages, tomato soup , lasagna and enchiladas.

    You might want to check out their turkey meatballs in the frozen section. Each meatball has 50
    Calories, 2g fat and 1g fiber. We picked up six bags yesterday, because everybody in the house
    loves them.

    Our favorite thing to make with them is Italian Wedding Soup. Our version has onions,
    spinach, chicken base (which we get from Gordon Food Service ["]http://www.gfs.com/]), garlic,
    pepper and oregano.

    Oh, and Trader Joe's lightly breaded cod fishsticks and potato latkes are tasty, too.

    --John B. 308/203.7/188

  15. I don't have many items I have to have at Whole Foods - it is generally too high for me, too. They
    do have a great selection of cheeses and pickled herring in cream sauce (which I no longer eat
    (sniff). I looked at their free range rotiss chickens and choked on the price - sorry, I could buy
    an acre and raise my own (G)

    Prairie Roots said:

    We have Whole Foods here and I've gone once. They don't carry much that I can't elsewhere for a
    WHOLE lot less. They're even pricier than the grocery stores with carpet on the floors and
    chandeliers on the ceilings, or my home delivery grocery store. They're also in the opposite
    direction of most everywhere I frequent.

    Bet I'd go out of my way, though, for Trader Joe's.

    Fred said:

    STOP finding new Trader Joe temptations!!!!!!!! (g)

    I do need some of their low fat sausages. And, folks, it is within walking distance of my house as
    is Whole Paycheck, I mean Whole Foods. Actually, I could hit both of them in about a 2 mile or
    less loop.

    Joyce said:

    I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but thought I would pass my most
    recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq sandwich lately, but have avoided it due to
    obvious reasons. <g> While shopping in Trader Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the
    one with the chicken sausages) a white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the
    caloric/fat content ... 60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it a
    try. It was buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until today when I was
    scrounging for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had already been devoured, as well as
    lettuce and salad fixins. So out it came, toasted two pieces of light wheat bread (I forgot to
    buy light buns) and heated up 1 serving of the bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup
    was more than enough for a single sandwich!

    Joyce

    Prairie Roots
    232/167/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  16. Oh hell, at least it's in the same *country* as you guys. I have to sit here reading about these
    magical things called "skinny cows" that I have no hope of ever seeing unless I submit to
    fingerprinting and a 24 hour plane trip....

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.7/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg
    93.5/72.7/1.8 (WW)/158 (Personal) lb

    "Kristin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    Nowhere near here either, Lesanne... *whining along with you*

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.6/172

    Here's our FAQ: didian.comasdww and welcome notice:
    geocities.comindex.html

    "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    there are no Trader Joes anywhere around here - whine!

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    thanks, I am thinking of a special trip your way just for the store,


    Lee,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    drooling Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but
    thought I
    > would pass my most recent find along. I have had such a taste for a


    bbq

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sandwich
    > lately, but have avoided it due to obvious reasons. <g> While


    shopping

    Quoted message said:

    in

    Quoted message said:

    Trader
    > Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one with the


    chicken

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sausages) a
    > white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the


    caloric/fat

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    content ...
    > 60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give


    it

    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:

    try. It
    > was buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ...


    until

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    today when
    > I was scrounging for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had
    already been
    > devoured, as well as lettuce and salad fixins. So out it came,


    toasted

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    two pieces
    > of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and heated up 1


    serving

    Quoted message said:

    of the
    > bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than


    enough

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for a
    > single sandwich!
    >
    > Joyce



  17. <sniff> I'm sorry, please forgive me! I wasn't bragging, really, I wasn't. I wish everyone had these
    stores by them. Trader Joes needs to get on the ball.

    Joyce

    Prairie Roots said:

    None here either. And I've scolded Joyce before about bragging such finds. It's just not fair!

    Prairie Roots

    Lesanne said:

    there are no Trader Joes anywhere around here - whine!

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    thanks, I am thinking of a special trip your way just for the store, Lee, drooling Joyce
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    > I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but
    thought I
    > would pass my most recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq
    sandwich
    > lately, but have avoided it due to obvious reasons. <g> While shopping


    in

    Quoted message said:

    Trader
    > Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one with the chicken
    sausages) a
    > white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat
    content ...
    > 60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it


    a

    Quoted message said:

    try. It
    > was buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until
    today when
    > I was scrounging for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had
    already been
    > devoured, as well as lettuce and salad fixins. So out it came, toasted
    two pieces
    > of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and heated up 1


    serving

    Quoted message said:

    of the
    > bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than enough
    for a
    > single sandwich!
    >
    > Joyce


  18. One of the smaller towns south of Seattle has actively be courting Trader Joes which does not appear
    interested. Apparently, they actually like competition such a Whole Foods or other natural market so
    that their prices show up well in the competition. And I do not know how they have such low prices.
    They are no where near as large as Safeway. So many private label items, too. I remember how these
    others felt when my sister kept talking about Trader Joes down in LA. And even my dad had one in
    Tucson. Suddenly, the was a sign on a new building "Trader Joe coming soon!" They do have LOTs of
    interesting things.

    Joyce said:

    Awwww, I'm sorry dear. I have no idea as to how they pick there locations, isn't much of a regional
    thing since I am in Chicago and Fred is in Washington - that's a fur piece apart. <g> Maybe you
    could write them and suggest they look into starting in your area? Maybe they haven't test marketed
    the area for any interest? I do love the place though, lots of interesting things.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    there are no Trader Joes anywhere around here - whine!

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    thanks, I am thinking of a special trip your way just for the store, Lee, drooling Joyce
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    > I know not everyone has a Trader Joe's store available to them, but
    thought I
    > would pass my most recent find along. I have had such a taste for a bbq
    sandwich
    > lately, but have avoided it due to obvious reasons. <g> While shopping


    in

    Quoted message said:

    Trader
    > Joe's I noticed in the refrigerated section (the one with the chicken
    sausages) a
    > white plastic tub of bbq chicken breast. I looked at the caloric/fat
    content ...
    > 60 calories, 1g fat per 1/4 cup. Figured I would buy a tub and give it


    a

    Quoted message said:

    try. It
    > was buried in my fridge for a few weeks and I forgot about it ... until
    today when
    > I was scrounging for something for lunch and knew all lunchmeat had
    already been
    > devoured, as well as lettuce and salad fixins. So out it came, toasted
    two pieces
    > of light wheat bread (I forgot to buy light buns) and heated up 1


    serving

    Quoted message said:

    of the
    > bbq chicken. Dang was this stuff good, and 1/4 cup was more than enough
    for a
    > single sandwich!
    >
    > Joyce


  19. Yes, my dad liked the potato latkes and they were not that point unfriendly as I recall.

    (John B.) said:

    Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I also need to make a TJ run, am out of sausages, tomato soup , lasagna and enchiladas.

    You might want to check out their turkey meatballs in the frozen section. Each meatball has 50
    Calories, 2g fat and 1g fiber. We picked up six bags yesterday, because everybody in the house
    loves them.

    Our favorite thing to make with them is Italian Wedding Soup. Our version has onions,
    spinach, chicken base (which we get from Gordon Food Service ["]http://www.gfs.com/]), garlic,
    pepper and oregano.

    Oh, and Trader Joe's lightly breaded cod fishsticks and potato latkes are tasty, too.

    --John B. 308/203.7/188

  20. we do have the food service retail outlet in Springfield, might have to go
    there again, Lee
    John B. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    I also need to make a TJ run, am out of sausages, tomato soup , lasagna


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    enchiladas.

    You might want to check out their turkey meatballs in the frozen section. Each meatball has 50
    Calories, 2g fat and 1g fiber. We picked up six bags yesterday, because everybody in the house
    loves them.

    Our favorite thing to make with them is Italian Wedding Soup. Our version has onions, spinach,
    chicken base (which we get from Gordon Food Service ["]http://www.gfs.com/]), garlic, pepper and
    oregano.

    Oh, and Trader Joe's lightly breaded cod fishsticks and potato latkes are tasty, too.

    --John B. 308/203.7/188

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.