rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

New Nimbus BC Foot-Plates

Started by ivan · · Last activity · 15 posts · 318 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
4 October 2006
Last activity
5 October 2006
Original author
ivan
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
318
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. These ones - http://tinyurl.com/kfpv4.
    Has anyone tried them?
    I heard the old ones would bend easily. What about these ones? The look
    much stronger, with the reinforcement and stuff. Are they worth the
    price? Don't suggest getting Bedfords, I live in Europe.

    --
    ivan

    Ducttape said:

    I think something got flipped because that was just one post and his
    post that I am quoting isn't a sad face....... it's weird.....


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  2. Ooh, neat, I haven't seen those before. It looks (in my not so expert
    opinion) like a much stronger design at the weld. They look pretty
    comfy, too! The sides probably won't dig into your foot nearly as much
    as the flatter ones do.

    I'd say they are probably worth the money, they aren't very expensive.
    Unless you can find some really cheap ones somewhere, I say go for those
    ones.

    --
    Spudman

    click the dots...
    *'_•_' (www.cathodecorner.com) '_•_' (http://selectric.org/) • • •
    '_•_' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/main_page) • • • • '_•_'
    (http://www.unicyclepics.co.uk/) • • • • • '_•_'
    (http://www.pandora.com/) • • • '_•_' (http://www.theorylessons.com/) •
    • • • '_•_' (http://www.barefoothippie.com/) '_•_'
    (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com/) '_•_' (http://www.qu-ax.com/)
    • • '_•_' (http://www.purepwnage.com/) • • • • • '_•_'
    (http://www.gkko.com/) • • • • • • '_•_'
    (http://www.longnow.org/projects/clock/prototype1/) • • • • • • • • •
    '_•_' (http://www.superhandz.com/sportz/penspinning.html) • •
    • • • • '_•_' (http://www.unicyclist.com/?page=donate) • • '_•_'
    (http://www.speedcubing.com/ton/building.htm) • • '_•_'
    (http://www.unicycle.tv/) • • • '_•_'
    (http://www.myspace.com/unicycle_rachel) '_•_' (http://funnyjunk.com/)
    • • • '_•_' (http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/) • • • '_•_'
    (http://www.myspace.com/jerrick_crites) • • '_•_'
    (http://www.gocomics.com/comics/index.phtml) •
    '_•_' (http://www.xanga.com/monkeyman305ab) '_•_'
    (http://www.cowabduction.com/) • • • • • • '_•_'
    (http://www.jonnypeacock.com/) • • • • • '_•_'
    (http://www.southparkstudios.com/) • • • '_•_'
    (http://www.teagames.com/) • • • • • '_•_'
    (http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/) • • '_•_' (www.google.com)*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  3. Very cool. Someone buy them, thrash them, post if they held up.

    --
    Evan Byrne

    'The future of bc wheeling is in this link.' (http://tinyurl.com/p53rj)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  4. I think I'll get 'em. theyre pretty cheap, and unidennis can't make me
    any.
    think I should get them evan?

    --
    mornish

    dan de man said:

    this game is worse that playing Rock Paper Sissors on an internet forum

    tugboat said:

    Hopping over a 7 set rail... I made it over and and cleared the set, but
    the impact apparently wasn't good for the wheel...


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  5. personally, I don't relly like them, with the curved back and stuff.
    and, they're not even a 1/4 inch thick or 7 inch long.

    but they are cheap...

    --
    onelesscar

    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never -blocking- a fire
    exit" - Mitch Hedberg
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  6. onelesscar said:

    they're not even a 1/4 inch thick or 7 inch long.

    you're kidding right?

    --
    koebwil

    "I used to eat erasers in grade school...." James_Potter
    'come to my gallery.' (http://tinyurl.com/qssag)
    I'm on 'my space' (http://www.myspace.com/73602024) now too
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  7. koebwil said:

    you're kidding right?

    nope.

    # 6mm thick ~ .23 inches, which is not quite .25 inches.
    # 170mm long reinforced footplates ~ 6.7 inches, not quite 7 inches.

    --
    onelesscar

    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never -blocking- a fire
    exit" - Mitch Hedberg
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  8. White and nerdy 😄

    --
    UniMOG

    You live only once
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniMOG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12409
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  9. onelesscar said:

    nope.

    # 6mm thick ~ .23 inches, which is not quite .25 inches.
    # 170mm long reinforced footplates ~ 6.7 inches, not quite 7 inches.

    I dislike chemists😠

    --
    ivan

    Ducttape said:

    I think something got flipped because that was just one post and his
    post that I am quoting isn't a sad face....... it's weird.....


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  10. Buy it and try it.
    No other way to find out how it is.

    PM

    --
    Probailer2

    john_childs said:

    Mmmmm... Sexy welds.

    musketman said:

    Kris Holm owns death

    abbabibble said:

    cody bent his koxx.

    he was working it pretty hard.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  11. Probailer2 said:

    Buy it and try it.
    No other way to find out how it is.

    PM

    Yeah, I probably will. Do you think I should get it with the bmx wheel
    or just the foot-plates and then find another wheel? Is it a good
    wheel?

    --
    ivan

    Ducttape said:

    I think something got flipped because that was just one post and his
    post that I am quoting isn't a sad face....... it's weird.....


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  12. ivan said:

    These ones - http://tinyurl.com/kfpv4.
    Has anyone tried them?

    I've got them on my Nimbus bc for half a year now,
    but I liked the old ones better...
    These weights a lot! With the old ones (not mine) I could jump around
    45 cm,
    but with these new I can only do some more than 30 cm. :o

    But they're realy strong. 😉

    --
    Fredrik_Justnes
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fredrik_Justnes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13529
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  13. Fredrik_Justnes said:

    I've got them on my Nimbus bc for half a year now,
    but I liked the old ones better...
    These weights a lot! With the old ones (not mine) I could jump around
    45 cm,
    but with these new I can only do some more than 30 cm. :o

    But they're realy strong. 😉

    But the old ones weren't very strong, I hear.
    I'm glad that these are strong.

    --
    ivan

    Ducttape said:

    I think something got flipped because that was just one post and his
    post that I am quoting isn't a sad face....... it's weird.....


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  14. ivan said:

    I dislike chemists😠

    dito

    --
    koebwil

    "I used to eat erasers in grade school...." James_Potter
    'come to my gallery.' (http://tinyurl.com/qssag)
    I'm on 'my space' (http://www.myspace.com/73602024) now too
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

  15. Those angled backward sides are a smart idea. It will add a lot of
    strength to the plate.

    The 3 holes is pointless though, since your foot is in direct alignment
    with the plate, if you were to raise those your foot would be pushed out
    because that bolt would then take its place. Not to mention a lot of
    foot pain and loss of hopping abbility.

    --
    Evan Byrne

    'The future of bc wheeling is in this link.' (http://tinyurl.com/p53rj)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53814

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.