Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

New Klein Q-Pro XX and broken cable eyelet

Started by ttfield · · Last activity · 6 posts · 1,658 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
21 January 2004
Last activity
22 January 2004
Original author
ttfield
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,658
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am in a quandry.

    Just received my new Klein Q-Pro XX Project 1. It is a most beautiful paint job in their new Bodego Black scheme and new D/A.

    Anyway, while the bike was being assembled the eyelet that stops the rear cable housing broke and fell into the frame. This obviously renders the internal cable routing useless. I have already contacted my shops rep and we have started the ball rolling on getting it replaced.

    Here is my question to all who may have an opinion on the matter. Do I wait for another frame to be painted or do I go with a different frame altogether say a Lemond Tete De Course, Trek 5900? Is this an isolated incident? I am immediately concerned that this could happen again say while I am in a race or on a ride and suddenly have no rear brakes whatsoever.

    Thanks in advance.

    Thomas

    😕

  2. I'd chalk it up to an isolated incident, possibly an installation issue. I have a Q Pro Carbon Team with many miles and it has performed flawlessly. The internal cable routing is a very cool feature and thus far no failures on my ride.

  3. I've never heard of that before either and wouldn't let it affect your decision to get another Klein. Too bad you'll have to wait a while to get a replacement with custom paint but it sure is a sweet bike.

  4. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by DiabloScott
    I've never heard of that before either and wouldn't let it affect your decision to get another Klein. Too bad you'll have to wait a while to get a replacement with custom paint but it sure is a sweet bike.

    Okay, here is the other challenge. They only put on one set of bottle cage bosses. When I asked them about this, they claimed it was because two sets don't fit on the Q Pro due to the size of the frame being a 49. I looked at a couple of other compact frames we have in stock and they have two sets of cage bosses. Hmm? Then I did a test fit with my frame before I sent the frame back yesterday. Two bottle cages fit. I have requested they put on two sets. If they say it's not possible then I will have to get another frome from the Trek family.

    Hmm?

  5. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by ttfield
    Okay, here is the other challenge. They only put on one set of bottle cage bosses. When I asked them about this, they claimed it was because two sets don't fit on the Q Pro due to the size of the frame being a 49. I looked at a couple of other compact frames we have in stock and they have two sets of cage bosses. Hmm? Then I did a test fit with my frame before I sent the frame back yesterday. Two bottle cages fit. I have requested they put on two sets. If they say it's not possible then I will have to get another frome from the Trek family.

    Hmm?

    \

    That is kinda weird! Are the frames that you have in stock (with two sets of cage bosses) 49cm frames? I know that many frame manufcturers do only put one set of cage bosses on their smallest frames rather than trying to cram two on. You said that a second cage would fit on your frame but how usable would it be? I mean, would you need a shoe horn to get the bottle in and out of it?

  6. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by meehs
    \

    That is kinda weird! Are the frames that you have in stock (with two sets of cage bosses) 49cm frames? I know that many frame manufcturers do only put one set of cage bosses on their smallest frames rather than trying to cram two on. You said that a second cage would fit on your frame but how usable would it be? I mean, would you need a shoe horn to get the bottle in and out of it?

    We have a 52 cm Aura that has a seat tube .5cm longer or a little less than a 1/4". Though when you measure the actual tube length from the bb weld to the bottom of the top tube weld, it is actually shorter. As for the close parameters and getting a bottle out. There is plenty of room to get a bottle out. I currently have a 50cm Trek 2300 and there are 2 sets of bosses and enough room to pull out even a larger bottle. Nah, no shoe horn:-)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.