Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

New Bike

Started by Blanchy · · Last activity · 25 posts · 1,706 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
14 September 2005
Last activity
18 September 2005
Original author
Blanchy
Posts
25
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,706
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–25 of 25
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Alvin Ryder said:

    If you really want an OCR2 you can find an 05 model for about $1.2k.

    The saddles are evil on the OCRs, so you'll want a shop that lets you
    swap or upgrade at time of purchase.

    Cheers.

    I have the new (2006) OCR2 which cost $1250. The main reason I bought this unit was because it had the rear rack mounts, carbon forks, seat post and gel seat.

    The only complaint I have is the tyre quality, but then they are probably not much worse than what a lot of other new bikes have. So I put conti gatorskins on and they are great.

  2. DaveB said:
    Alvin Ryder said:


    The saddles are evil on the OCRs, so you'll want a shop that lets you
    swap or upgrade at time of purchase.

    What are you basing that on? I've had my OCR2 for a year now with the
    standard saddle and been very happy with it. I'm sure they fit some
    people and not others, but I wouldn't just assume they are no good for
    anyone.

    DaveB

    I based my comment on discussions I heard with a senior Giant rep and
    they have changed the seats in the 06 models ... but you're right they
    will suit some people just fine so my comment is too harsh. Sorry.

    Cheers.

  3. On 2005-09-15, Alvin Ryder (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:
    DaveB said:
    Alvin Ryder said:


    The saddles are evil on the OCRs, so you'll want a shop that lets you
    swap or upgrade at time of purchase.

    What are you basing that on? I've had my OCR2 for a year now with the
    standard saddle and been very happy with it. I'm sure they fit some
    people and not others, but I wouldn't just assume they are no good for
    anyone.

    DaveB

    I based my comment on discussions I heard with a senior Giant rep and
    they have changed the seats in the 06 models ... but you're right they
    will suit some people just fine so my comment is too harsh. Sorry.

    I wonder if he said that in a standard speal way of encouraging people
    to go for the 06 model instead of a cheaper 05 model?

    --
    TimC
    Er, RFC 882 put the dot in .com.

  4. Alvin Ryder said:
    DaveB said:
    Alvin Ryder said:


    The saddles are evil on the OCRs, so you'll want a shop that lets you
    swap or upgrade at time of purchase.

    What are you basing that on? I've had my OCR2 for a year now with the
    standard saddle and been very happy with it. I'm sure they fit some
    people and not others, but I wouldn't just assume they are no good for
    anyone.

    DaveB

    I based my comment on discussions I heard with a senior Giant rep and
    they have changed the seats in the 06 models ... but you're right they
    will suit some people just fine so my comment is too harsh. Sorry.

    You'd never buy a bike because of (or in spite of) the seat it ships
    with!

    It's the frame ... repeat after me. It's the frame. Everything
    else will get replaced in time, and seats .. are very personal!

  5. TimC said:

    I wonder if he said that in a standard speal way of encouraging people
    to go for the 06 model instead of a cheaper 05 model?

    Well, the saddle on the TCR1 changed between 04 and 05. My 04 has
    the once-trendy cutout on it, and I find it perfectly comfortable, but some
    claim that they can feel the 'ridges' on each side of the hole. I think
    they must be sitting way too far forward on it.

    --
    Home page: http://members.westnet.com.au/mvw

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.