Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

NEMBA Roast & Ride: Summer Campout 2003

Started by Clydesdalemtb · · Last activity · 12 posts · 1,230 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
2 February 2003
Last activity
6 February 2003
Original author
Clydesdalemtb
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,230
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Got the winter blues? Well come join us and the rest of the New England Mountain Bike Association
    kick it into summer with our first,

    NEMBA ROAST & RIDE: SUMMER CAMPOUT 2003 To Benefit the Land Preservation Fund to Buy Vietnam

    WHERE? Bear Brook State Park , Allenstown, NH

    WHEN? June 14, 2003

    *MARKED TRAILS FOR ALL ABILITIES*

    Come join us on June 14’th for some of the best mountain biking in New Hampshire and enjoy the taste
    of a fully catered pig roast! Stay for the day, or camp the weekend with us and ride all you want.

    Campsites are limited, so make your camping reservations NOW by calling 603-271-3628 or visiting
    Bear Brook’s website @ nhparks.state.nh.usBearBrkCmp.html

    DIRECTIONS: FROM I-93: Exit 13 onto Route 3 South (Manchester St), follow to Route 28 East and
    follow signs to Bear Brook State Park. FROM I-95: Route 4 West to Route 28 West and follow signs to
    Bear Brook State Park.

    Concord, NH (25 minutes) Boston, MA (1 ½ hrs) Providence, RI (2 ½ hrs) Hartford, CT (3 hrs) New
    York, NY (5 hrs) Portland, ME (2 hrs 20 mins) Burlington, VT (3 hrs) Montreal, Canada (5 ½ hrs)

    The cost of the event is still TBD (est. $40+pp), and all proceeds will go towards the purchase
    of Vietnam.

    nemba.orgvietnamlandpurchase.html

  2. ClydesdaleMTB <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    NEMBA ROAST & RIDE: SUMMER CAMPOUT 2003 To Benefit the Land Preservation Fund to Buy Vietnam

    Do we have to eat the fish head soup?

    Quoted message said:

    Concord, NH (25 minutes) Boston, MA (1 ½ hrs) Providence, RI (2 ½ hrs) Hartford, CT (3 hrs) New
    York, NY (5 hrs) Portland, ME (2 hrs 20 mins) Burlington, VT (3 hrs) Montreal, Canada (5 ½ hrs)


    Fruita, Colorado (3 days man, 3 days, we just love ya we just love ya)

    JD

  3. JD said:

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    NEMBA ROAST & RIDE: SUMMER CAMPOUT 2003 To Benefit the Land Preservation Fund to Buy Vietnam

    Do we have to eat the fish head soup?

    Only if it suits you

    Quoted message said:

    Fruita, Colorado (3 days man, 3 days, we just love ya we just love ya)

    There is a place on our couch for you, and we are .75 miles from the Dodge Road trail-head which
    puts you right on the middle of Lost Trail.

    You can show us flatlanders how to climb Hall Mt. in style

  4. "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    There is a place on our couch for you, and we are .75 miles from the Dodge Road trail-head which
    puts you right on the middle of Lost Trail.

    Do you have any room on that couch for a bunch of rowdy mountainbiking NY'rs who might be showing
    up as well?

    - CA-G looking for a spot on the couch...

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  5. Carla A-G said:

    "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    There is a place on our couch for you, and we are .75 miles from the Dodge Road trail-head which
    puts you right on the middle of Lost Trail.

    Do you have any room on that couch for a bunch of rowdy mountainbiking NY'rs who might be showing
    up as well?

    I dunno, we only have one couch.... Perhaps I could convince my wife she really want's to go up to
    her sister's house for that weekend and take the kids with her?-)

    Quoted message said:

    looking for a spot on the couch...

    Let me talk to SWMBO, though my wife tax is pretty high right now, as I've been late at the garage
    every night (including Sat. & Sun.) for the past 2 weeks working on her "new" car.

    Quoted message said:

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  6. JD said:


    [email hidden] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    - CA-G looking for a spot on the couch...

    And how does Jimbo(san) feel about you sharing the couch with JD?

    Steve (who may show up on a day-only basis)

    We'll all fit just fine.

    JD

    A bunch of us Connecticut types are bringing our own couch, AKA tent. It sure would be nice to place
    some live faces on some names.

    Barry

  7. JD said:

    [email hidden] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    - CA-G looking for a spot on the couch...

    And how does Jimbo(san) feel about you sharing the couch with JD?

    Steve (who may show up on a day-only basis)

    We'll all fit just fine.

    On the FLOOR, maybee. But I barely fit on the couch, alone. Then again Carla is considerably shorter
    than I am.......

  8. B a r r y B u r k e J r . said:
    JD said:

    [email hidden] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    >- CA-G looking for a spot on the couch...

    And how does Jimbo(san) feel about you sharing the couch with JD?

    Steve (who may show up on a day-only basis)

    We'll all fit just fine.

    JD

    A bunch of us Connecticut types are bringing our own couch, AKA tent. It sure would be nice to
    place some live faces on some names.

    Barry

    Not sure what I'm doing then, but you wouldn't have room for one more bike and biker, wouldja? If
    not, I might take a friend up with me instead.

    Jon Bond although 40 bux is a bit steep for a day riding, since I'm trying to save up for the
    new bike...

  9. Jonathan Bond said:

    Not sure what I'm doing then, but you wouldn't have room for one more bike and biker, wouldja? If
    not, I might take a friend up with me instead.

    Jon Bond although 40 bux is a bit steep for a day riding, since I'm trying to save up for the
    new bike...

    If you mean in the camp, I don't see why not.

    Don't forget, it's a fund raiser, hence the price.

    Barry

  10. B a r r y B u r k e J r . said:
    Jonathan Bond said:


    Not sure what I'm doing then, but you wouldn't have room for one more bike and biker, wouldja? If
    not, I might take a friend up with me instead.

    Jon Bond although 40 bux is a bit steep for a day riding, since I'm trying to save up for the
    new bike...

    And a Pig Roast...(I'm trying to convince my bud Todd that we should brew up a few kegs of special
    BEvERageS for the event ;-)

    Quoted message said:

    Don't forget, it's a fund raiser, hence the price.

    C'Mon Jon you've ridden 'Nam with the Rage folks haven't you? You know how awesome it is and how
    critical it is we save it from the developers bulldozer.

    It that isn't enough, you finally get to meet _ME_

    --
    John G.... Just had to punch another buckle hole in my leather belt. (and I'm happy to report it was
    to take it _in_ not out ;-)

  11. ClydesdaleMTB <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    And a Pig Roast...(I'm trying to convince my bud Todd that we should brew up a few kegs of special
    BEvERageS for the event ;-)

    Ahhh - that takes me back.....drinking home brew and burning policemen........'happy daze'.......

    Quoted message said:

    John G.... Just had to punch another buckle hole in my leather belt. (and I'm happy to report it
    was to take it _in_ not out ;-)

    Woah! Yer gonna have to change yer handle soon John!

    ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  12. ClydesdaleMTB said:
    B a r r y B u r k e J r . said:
    Jonathan Bond said:


    Not sure what I'm doing then, but you wouldn't have room for one more bike and biker, wouldja?
    If not, I might take a friend up with me instead.

    Jon Bond although 40 bux is a bit steep for a day riding, since I'm trying to save up for the
    new bike...


    And a Pig Roast...(I'm trying to convince my bud Todd that we should brew up a few kegs of special
    BEvERageS for the event ;-)

    True, but I'm a poor starving college student 😉 And just why would you say you're brewing up some
    special BEvERageS? Like, coke or "summink" (thats for you, Shaun!)

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Don't forget, it's a fund raiser, hence the price.

    C'Mon Jon you've ridden 'Nam with the Rage folks haven't you? You know how awesome it is and how
    critical it is we save it from the developers bulldozer.

    Not yet, actually. However, I have donated some cash already anyway.

    Quoted message said:

    It that isn't enough, you finally get to meet _ME_

    Um... can't make it, sorry 😉

    Jon Bond

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.