rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

Need route from Boston to Montreal

Started by Bill Wright · · Last activity · 3 posts · 416 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
27 October 2005
Last activity
27 October 2005
Original author
Bill Wright
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
416
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Next summer I plan to ride from Boston to Montreal with overnight stops
    in Concord NH, Whiteriver NH, Northfield VT, Sutton Que and St Jean Que.
    Any help on routes for any of the days would be appreciated. I will be
    sleeping indoors and travelling light.

  2. In my 2004 trip, I was coming up from Philadelphia, and can give you the
    route I used through MA and on to Montreal. Basically, I picked up US 5
    just northof Springfield, and took it most of the way to Canada (mosly along
    the VT side of the river separating it from NH), including an overnight stop
    at White River Junction, which had a respectable selection of motels and
    resaurants. In far northern VT, I switched to Rte. 114 to the Canadian
    line, then took QUE rte. 147 to Coaticook, and then 141 to Magog, which also
    had places to eat and stay overnight. From there to Montreal, I took mostly
    route 112, but do not recommend it - frequently no paved shoulder area, and
    not very good pavement. But I haven't the knowledge needed to recommend an
    alternative.

    "Bill Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Next summer I plan to ride from Boston to Montreal with overnight stops
    in Concord NH, Whiteriver NH, Northfield VT, Sutton Que and St Jean Que.
    Any help on routes for any of the days would be appreciated. I will be
    sleeping indoors and travelling light.

  3. You might look around on this site for their route and hotel info.
    Of course, they just consider Montreal the turn around point.
    And they have a time limit on the round trip so hotel stops are sparse.
    http://www.geocities.com/b-m-b/

    Bill Wright said:

    Next summer I plan to ride from Boston to Montreal with overnight stops
    in Concord NH, Whiteriver NH, Northfield VT, Sutton Que and St Jean Que.
    Any help on routes for any of the days would be appreciated. I will be
    sleeping indoors and travelling light.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.