Anyone know of a source for head tube angle vs fork length and offset recommendations? I am building a different hardtail frameset and want to use my 2002 shiver SC fork. I'd like to determine the best headtube angle.
Mountain Bikes · Public discussion
Need recommendation for head tube angle
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Mountain Bikes
- Published
- 1 November 2003
- Last activity
- 1 November 2003
- Original author
- Tomas Jonsson
- Posts
- 2
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,658
- Views / 30 days
- 5
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by Tomas Jonsson
Anyone know of a source for head tube angle vs fork length and offset recommendations? I am building a different hardtail frameset and want to use my 2002 shiver SC fork. I'd like to determine the best headtube angle.I don't think there is such a site that I'm aware of. Its kind of hard to determine this since headtube angle will vary depending on the wheelbase length of each frame. You'll need to figure out what size fork was used to determine the headtube angle of the frame you're looking at and go from there. Marzocchi forks tend to run considerable taller than other equivalent forks of the same travel by about 20mm-25mm which is about and inch difference so if for example if a given frame is stated to run at a 69 degree head angle with some other fork with equal travel to the shiver it will run closer to 68 degrees with the shiver and the bottom bracket will be taller by maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch. That is unless they measured the stated geometry with a marzocchi fork.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.