Road Cycling · Public discussion

Need a social touring ride workout video

Started by Veloise · · Last activity · 8 posts · 339 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
26 January 2007
Last activity
29 January 2007
Original author
Veloise
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
339
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Now wouldn't that be fun? RAGBRAI without the heat? Colorado without
    the mountains? GOBA without the rain?

    Seriously, I recall (and bought for my mother's exercycling) one of the
    roadie ride videos. But there was no one to talk to, no [censored] flags to
    read, no 6' inflated Gumby bungied to someone...

    Now that I have a mini video cam, I might look into creating one such
    for next year. (My Y has Y-fi, and I'm often surfing anyway.)

    --Karen D.
    p.s. looking for a different week-long tour not far from the midwest.
    Prefer a loop like GOBA. Camping is great. Bike club-hosted rather than
    disease of the month. TIA!

  2. Veloise said:

    Now wouldn't that be fun? RAGBRAI without the heat? Colorado without
    the mountains? GOBA without the rain?

    Texas without the heat? Where's the fun in that!

  3. Veloise said:

    Seriously, I recall (and bought for my mother's exercycling) one of the
    roadie ride videos. But there was no one to talk to, no [censored] flags to
    read, no 6' inflated Gumby bungied to someone...

    Not quite sure how you're going to carry on a conversation with a video.
    You could turn on the tube and concentrate on arguing with Oprah or
    Jerry Springer.

    Quoted message said:

    p.s. looking for a different week-long tour not far from the midwest.
    Prefer a loop like GOBA. Camping is great. Bike club-hosted rather than
    disease of the month. TIA!

    Heh. Disease of the month. I like that!

    Pat

  4. catzz66 wrote:

    Texas without the heat? Where's the fun in that!

    RAGBRAI takes place a few miles north of Texas, last time I checked.

    --Karen D.

  5. Veloise said:

    catzz66 wrote:

    Texas without the heat? Where's the fun in that!

    RAGBRAI takes place a few miles north of Texas, last time I checked.

    --Karen D.

    I was referring to indoor spinning with videos in general. If you like
    it, more power to you, but I would rather be outside even if the weather
    is not optimum. I appreciate anybody who has the discipline to spin
    indoors with or without a video, but it is jist not for me.

  6. Veloise said:

    catzz66 wrote:

    Texas without the heat? Where's the fun in that!

    RAGBRAI takes place a few miles north of Texas, last time I checked.

    --Karen D.

    If you can stand spinning indoors, more power to you. I would just
    rather be outside, even if the weather isn't perfect.

  7. catzz66 said:

    If you can stand spinning indoors, more power to you. I would just
    rather be outside, even if the weather isn't perfect.

    Um, it's January, and I'm in Michigan.

    "Scattered snow showers early tonight...then numerous snow showers
    after 11 PM. Snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches. Lows 10 to 15. [that
    would be degrees!!] West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60
    percent."

    Been using my Y membership. The various machines there have book decks
    that almost hold a laptop (bungie cord) and the place has "Y-fi."

    So vicarious participation in a touring video would be a nice change
    from buying stuff I don't need from auctions or posting to newsgroups.
    (Hey!)

    And RAGBRAI is still in Iowa.

    --Karen D.

  8. Veloise said:

    And RAGBRAI is still in Iowa.

    Never said it wasn't.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.