I somewhat agree with the point but I think the way you presented it
wasn't quite right.
The "Tour" doesn't need Lance. It has and will go on in grand style.
The issue is, whoever wins a Tour without Lance will alway have that
hanging over his victory. Winning the Tour with or without Lance is a
monumental achievement, but everyone will wonder how he would have
matched up.
Personally I would love to see Lance to the other rides. I don't
necessarily agree a cyclist needs to do multiple large rides in a year
but I think it would be great to give the Giro a little more of the
spotlight.
[email hidden] (Laz Miskowski) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:Lance has been quoted as saying he may not do the TDF next year, time
for new faces, time to try something different, etc.
I think Lance is sending a message to the TDF organizers--"you set up
the tour to take it away from me, and I dominate. Now I send a
message to you--don't try to screw with me or perhaps the most famous
cyclist in the world will skip the main event next year..." I.e. "I
don't need you, maybe you need me more now."
It would be hard to argue that Lance doing the Giro next year and
skipping the TDF wouldn't take some luster away from the latter. Any
thoughts?