rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

My opinion on freestyle and muni has changed...

Started by UniTyler · · Last activity · 45 posts · 659 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
7 February 2006
Last activity
9 February 2006
Original author
UniTyler
Posts
45
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
659
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 45
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I used to not care for Muni at all. Then I thought, wait...I've never
    tried it! From using my new Muni just around the dirt in the
    neighborhood, I've found there is no thrill like dropping off of a
    stump or rolling hopping over a big root. Before, freestyle and
    distance was it for me - and I didn't want to change my style. Maybe I
    was too cautious, maybe just thought I was good at freestyle and didn't
    want to have to re-learn, I don't really know. Now that I have tried
    Muni, I've found it -isn't- harder than freestyle, and many of my
    freestyle skills have come in handy for Muni. I've gotta tell you
    freestyle guys, give Muni a good try - and if you haven't, then get
    ready to have a brand new hobby when you do try.

    SORRY JSM, CHOSEN, LEO, AND OTHERS --- YOU'VE LOST ANOTHER FREESTYLER
    TO MUNI.
    (i'll still be doing freestyle, but muni's really got my intrest)

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: ditech.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/11958 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    UniTyler

    --- Class 8.4 Advanced Artistic Rider ---
    --- From Carol McLean's Not-Yet-Released New USA Skill Levels
    ---
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  2. ! : E E K : !

    --
    uniMcPeat

    I grab onto my carbonfiber and get set free, into a uni-magic world with
    wizards and cats and autographed King Griffy Jr. Baseball bats
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uniMcPeat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10313
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  3. You didn't even photoshop the picture... 🙄

    --
    dudewithasock

    'My Unicycling Journal'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44950)
    officially ended - currently in the process of preparing it for my free
    webspace.
    😎
    'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  4. its funny that you say that because before i started unicycling i saw
    MUni as like the coolest ever, and it prob still is my favorite. But
    now i got a distance uni and im looking into a freestyle uni in like a
    month or so which i origionally saw and kinda pointless, but now i see
    it as being totally awsome. Its funny how your views on things can
    change.

    --
    The Bruiser

    lvl 3 unicyclist, move out the way haha
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Bruiser's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11352
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  5. So does this mean we won't see the freestyle colab video?🙁

    Next thing you know you will be doing street, then trials.:p

    --
    ntappin
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ntappin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10800
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  6. Unicycling should never involve "either/or" !! 😉 I got into
    unicycling because of muni, but I just ordered freestyle parts to fix
    up my broken Torker so that I can continue learning freestyle tricks.

    --
    phlegm
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  7. when i started unicycling i didnt no muni was even real, so when i herd
    abou it i wasnt that fusseed sounded boring. Then i went on a muni
    thinngy with people from this forum and i loved it, it was ace, tiering
    but ace

    i also like to ride my uni in the same style i skate, street, fast and
    most of the time painfull street

    --
    dale_dale

    ___________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  8. UniTyler said:

    ... and I didn't want to change my style.

    Tyler, you are too young to be old and set in your ways. Variety is
    good.

    --
    Wheel Rider

    A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
    blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  9. Wheel Rider said:

    Tyler, you are too young to be old and set in your ways. Variety is
    good.

    Fo sho - that's why I added Muni to my resume!

    --
    UniTyler

    Part of the Muni ComMUNIty
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  10. ntappin said:

    So does this mean we won't see the freestyle colab video?🙁

    Nope, infact I'll be posting it later today.

    --
    UniTyler

    Part of the Muni ComMUNIty
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  11. noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

    actually man unicycling is all about being free and happy. so im glad
    for ya. can you handle the big drops that may come along with muni?

    --
    Jonny_Peacock

    Honestly,
    Jonny
    *'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/cw3lv)*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jonny_Peacock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11379
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  12. Jonny_Peacock said:

    noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

    actually man unicycling is all about being free and happy. so im glad
    for ya. can you handle the big drops that may come along with muni?

    Absogoshdanglutely! It's my cranks that might suffer... 😉

    --
    UniTyler

    Part of the Muni ComMUNIty
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  13. Combine both distance AND muni!

    But seriously, that's great. Next up: trials? :eek:

    --
    forrestunifreak

    I do not believe in computer programers.
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

    "If I am ever that good I will be in a constant state of crapping my
    pants." ~ koebwil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  14. Tyler you should try some trials or street. Then get a bc wheel.

    So are you going to moab now?

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    _____________________________

    chosen said:

    wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    litldude2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6134
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  15. street is the best of all types... altho i would like to try Muni..
    never did it b4

    --
    irvinegr

    Check out my SWEET movies!!! http://tinyurl.com/cr7fu
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    irvinegr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10958
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  16. litldude2 said:

    Tyler you should try some trials or street. Then get a bc wheel.

    So are you going to moab now?

    I just invested $112.97 into this partly free Muni, so I don't have any
    money right now. And my TV just fell off of it's shelf while I was
    changing the VCR cord to my Gamecube cord, so that'll be something the
    folks will spend more than enough money on. I think I'll just get
    really good at Muni for now.

    As for Moab, -possibly-. We're going on a ski trip and staying in a
    really expensive condo plus really expensive ski lift tickets, so that
    may take up the non-existant "vacation-fund" for a few months. We
    might be able to fly down and combine it with visiting my grandparents
    who live near Logan, though. Begging will ensue. 😉 😉 😉 (WINK WINK
    WINK --- I can just hear somebody coming along and calling me a spoiled
    brat..... 🙄 )

    --
    UniTyler

    Part of the Muni ComMUNIty
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  17. thats pretty cool, MUni is fun.
    you're really good at freestyle though, you should still practice it.

    --
    James_Potter

    i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

    mikael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  18. UniTyler said:

    I used to not care for Muni at all. Then I thought, wait...I've never
    tried it!

    Oh to be (approximately) twelve again, and not find stuff like the
    above kind of obvious... :p

    --
    johnfoss

    John Foss
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com
    -----------------------------------------------

    "Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
    and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
    Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  19. UniTyler said:

    I used to not care for Muni at all. Then I thought...

    [image: http://scipp.ucsc.edu/~jheimann/lakenbc0.jpg]

    --
    maestro8

    Those are my principles. If you don't like those, I have others. --
    Groucho Marx
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maestro8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7871
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

  20. that was rude Maestro.
    and I know that many of us, including myself, do care.
    so phbbbt!

    --
    James_Potter

    i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

    mikael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46772

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.