Bike Cafe · Public discussion

My Holiday Tribute to Cycling Forums

Started by jhuskey · · Last activity · 6 posts · 1,082 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
30 November 2004
Last activity
19 December 2004
Original author
jhuskey
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,082
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I hope that some get some amusement out of my verse. Yes I know its not Shakespear!

    Twas a month before Christmas and here on the net
    The cyclist were touting their blood and their sweat

    Of hour they spent in diligent training
    Sometimes its snowing
    Sometimes its raining

    The politics are here for those that might dare
    To post their opinions for those that don’t care

    Is Lance doping ,chose Bush Or chose Kerry
    The War in Iraq
    Should Gays get to marry

    Tylers been caught and will he be banned
    So much ado for a yellow wristband

    I know I am right,why can’t you see
    I have all the fact,it’s so clear to me

    Then turn our thoughts to the jolly old man
    I’ve made out my list I hope that he can

    Fullfill my hopes my wants and my needs
    I hope he can hear my faint sincere pleads

    I need new dropbars and seat post bedanglers
    And Shimano and Chris King headset toot-tanglers

    I know that these lines to you seem obtuse
    It’s just a small tribute to the great Dr. Seuss

    There’s one thread we need, it’s really quite short
    Without hate,prejudice,deceit or retort

    This message is clear
    The words they stand tall

    Peace upon earth
    And good will to us all

  2. Nicely done, just the kind of post we need to brighten up a dreary winter day. Now I'm motivated to go and make out my own list 🙂

  3. eric_the_red said:

    Nicely done, just the kind of post we need to brighten up a dreary winter day. Now I'm motivated to go and make out my own list 🙂

    Its dreary here too and glad you enjoyed it. OK, time again to grt on the trainer.
    THE TRAINER,Oh the humanities!

  4. Beautiful! 😄 😄

  5. jhuskey said:

    I hope that some get some amusement out of my verse. Yes I know its not Shakespear!

    Twas a month before Christmas and here on the net
    The cyclist were touting their blood and their sweat

    Of hour they spent in diligent training
    Sometimes its snowing
    Sometimes its raining

    The politics are here for those that might dare
    To post their opinions for those that don’t care

    Is Lance doping ,chose Bush Or chose Kerry
    The War in Iraq
    Should Gays get to marry

    Tylers been caught and will he be banned
    So much ado for a yellow wristband

    I know I am right,why can’t you see
    I have all the fact,it’s so clear to me

    Then turn our thoughts to the jolly old man
    I’ve made out my list I hope that he can

    Fullfill my hopes my wants and my needs
    I hope he can hear my faint sincere pleads

    I need new dropbars and seat post bedanglers
    And Shimano and Chris King headset toot-tanglers

    I know that these lines to you seem obtuse
    It’s just a small tribute to the great Dr. Seuss

    There’s one thread we need, it’s really quite short
    Without hate,prejudice,deceit or retort

    This message is clear
    The words they stand tall

    Peace upon earth
    And good will to us all

    My poem got buried so I thought I would revive it, out of ego I guess.
    But I will call it "Holiday Spirit" not ego.

  6. Very nice. 🙂

    Now I feel the need to pop in a Christmas video or two to watch while I'm on the trainer.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.