NotaKnob said:Scott Gordo said:I'm going to be in town from Thursday morning until Saturday. Won't
have a whole lot of riding opportunities, but I'm bringing my shoes
and pedals just in case.
Quoted message said:I've done some riding up by a ski lift, popular place, don't know the
name. THe road up passes by some kind of giant whirlpool spa. Anyone
know if that trail is rideable? Any others in the area to recommend?
Are they snowy enough to ski instead?
Quoted message said:Also: last time I was there rented a bike from Melo Velo. It was good.
Other suggestions?
Quoted message said:Thanks.
Quoted message said:/s
You picked the wrong week to ride NM. Last Saturday: short sleeves.
Last Tues: long sleeves. Thurs: ???
There's supposed to be a group of mtb-tards riding at White Mesa
tomorrow (turkeyday). I'm planning on joining in the fun with a
growler or two of Hefeweizen. MTBR thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=357564.
I can be reached via email address at my username at hotmail.com.
It's fricking cold right now and I think the SF area's going to get a
dump tonight/tomorrow (Wed/Thur). *Next* week we're supposed to be
back up into the 60s again.
Bruce
Apparently we brought the NYC weather along with us. Sorry about that.
Thanks for the tips and the ride offers all. Next time.
The snowfall was beautiful, especially with the full moon, even if it
kept my Sidis in the suitcase. The ski mountain chose to keep the
lifts closed until after Thanksgiving. WTF? The snow, admittably, did
burn off quickly.
Went for a nice hike on Atalaya, which was scenic and, at 9,100 feet
higher than I'm accustomed to, enough to get my breathing in line.
Also had some quality time with good friends, their new baby, and the
World's best dog, Arlo.
Woof!
/s