I love a challenge! 😄
Mountain Bikes · Public discussion
Mountain Unicycling at age 60
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Mountain Bikes
- Published
- 2 January 2016
- Last activity
- 4 May 2016
- Original author
- muniaddict
- Posts
- 26
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 6,131
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
nice skills!
-
That guy was pretty smooth in his moves.
I love seeing older people still doing stuff like this. Who says old people can't do stuff? 😄
-
Here's a compilation of some of the more extreme riding I do:
-
Experience! It takes a lot of time to learn before you can do it at 60. It is also good for your practice at 60. I take it as motivation, hope to get back to unicycling.
-
I also admire old people engaging in athletic activities but I am scared for them since I know that bones of older people are brittle unlike the bones of the young. I have known several guys in their late 50s who suffered fracture in playing basketball and other physical sports. The doctor would always say - sadly after the accident - that the bone should be taken into consideration when indulging in sports.
-
Heh. I almost passed the video up because when I read the topic title I assumed it had to be a bad joke or more spam.
-
Some of those landings look hard, I hope your nuts are OK
-
That's actually pretty impressive!
I'm not sure if it'll become popular though. I imagine the attrition rate going down those hills must be fairly high! Maybe you can give us one of your "worst crash" stories sometime.....?
-
Great video! Love it how the music fits with all the crazy stuff. Don't think I'd dare riding a unicycle on a flat surface, let alone on a mountain. Major props to you man!
-
Thanks for the comments guys, and Happy New Year!
-
Okay yes very cool stuff, I am impressed.
But it just seems like it's just for a few laughs, no substitute for a real bike.
Steeze lvl drops when you gotta flail your arms around like that.. -
9lines said:
Experience! It takes a lot of time to learn before you can do it at 60. It is also good for your practice at 60. I take it as motivation, hope to get back to unicycling.
Yup its the best way to utilize the cycling in the age of 60 because in this age mostly peoples got so many kind of diseases so its the best way to say bye bye diseases with daily exercise on cycle. If you are ready to go for daily exercise then its definitely give you a better life.
Infinite bikes | Mountain Bikes -
I think when I'm 60 I'd probably just prefer to amble to a lake and do a bit of fishing, rather than undertake something along those lines. Then again, after saying that, I'm only 38 and even at this age I'm not sure I'd fancy it!
-
Great video. Much respect to that old man, it ain't that easy.
-
It isn't that easy unicycling on a straight, flat road for a young man, so to try and do what this guy's doing in the video won't be anywhere near achievable for most people I wouldn't have thought.
-
That's awesome. It's great way to stay healthy and fit, and feel young.
-
This guy is riding the age!. It really makes me happy to see elderly people doing impressive feats, It's like a tryumph of human willpower over senility.
Really liked the video.
-
I would never be able to do this, you need to have the best skills on hand to do this wow! If I was on my speed bike then I would easily have done it but so would anyone else. This man has undeniably, wicked skills.
-
ZXD22 said:
I would never be able to do this, you need to have the best skills on hand to do this wow! If I was on my speed bike then I would easily have done it but so would anyone else. This man has undeniably, wicked skills.
It's certainly something that I'm guessing he's had to practice for a number of years, as I don't think many people will be able to achieve what he's doing just on natural ability alone.
I know there are some cyclists that will have better balance and agility than others, but something like this won't come easily I wouldn't have thought!
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.