Road Cycling · Public discussion

Mountain bike off 50 foot cliff.

Started by Bill · · Last activity · 6 posts · 389 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
18 December 2006
Last activity
19 December 2006
Original author
Bill
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
389
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My sister just e-mailed me her weekly status report and she heard on the
    news about a guy riding a mountain bike off a 50 foot cliff **on purpose**!!
    Has anybody heard of this?
    I would think it is in the USA since she lives in Arizona and somebody
    doing it in another country probably would not make the American news.
    She said he and the bike landed separately.
    Maybe he just invented a creative method of suicide.???
    That beats the hell out of me pegging a 160 MPH motorcycle speedometer
    and going for still more. I could have fallen and set a world record for
    road rash but hitting the ground straight down, not even me.
    Anybody?
    I think this guy is a candidate for worlds biggest idiot if he lived.
    Bill Baka

  2. On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 06:22:08 GMT, Bill <[email hidden]> may have

    Quoted message said:

    My sister just e-mailed me her weekly status report and she heard on the
    news about a guy riding a mountain bike off a 50 foot cliff **on purpose**!!
    Has anybody heard of this?
    I would think it is in the USA since she lives in Arizona and somebody
    doing it in another country probably would not make the American news.
    She said he and the bike landed separately.
    Maybe he just invented a creative method of suicide.???
    That beats the hell out of me pegging a 160 MPH motorcycle speedometer
    and going for still more. I could have fallen and set a world record for
    road rash but hitting the ground straight down, not even me.
    Anybody?
    I think this guy is a candidate for worlds biggest idiot if he lived.

    It's been done before.

    http://www.grindtv.com/video/bike/david_racourt_drop/
    http://www.guzer.com/videos/huge_hill_jump.php

    --
    My email address is antispammed; pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail.
    Typoes are not a bug, they're a feature.
    Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

  3. Werehatrack said:

    On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 06:22:08 GMT, Bill <[email hidden]> may have

    Quoted message said:

    My sister just e-mailed me her weekly status report and she heard on the
    news about a guy riding a mountain bike off a 50 foot cliff **on purpose**!!
    Has anybody heard of this?
    I would think it is in the USA since she lives in Arizona and somebody
    doing it in another country probably would not make the American news.
    She said he and the bike landed separately.
    Maybe he just invented a creative method of suicide.???
    That beats the hell out of me pegging a 160 MPH motorcycle speedometer
    and going for still more. I could have fallen and set a world record for
    road rash but hitting the ground straight down, not even me.
    Anybody?
    I think this guy is a candidate for worlds biggest idiot if he lived.

    It's been done before.

    http://www.grindtv.com/video/bike/david_racourt_drop/
    http://www.guzer.com/videos/huge_hill_jump.php

    I think "It's been DONE before." is a bit optimistic. I think
    "attempted" is a better word. Here's another crazy:

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6479993005799980794

    Joseph

  4. Quoted message said:
    Werehatrack said:

    On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 06:22:08 GMT, Bill <[email hidden]> may have

    Quoted message said:

    My sister just e-mailed me her weekly status report and she heard on the
    news about a guy riding a mountain bike off a 50 foot cliff **on purpose**!!
    Has anybody heard of this?
    I would think it is in the USA since she lives in Arizona and somebody
    doing it in another country probably would not make the American news.
    She said he and the bike landed separately.
    Maybe he just invented a creative method of suicide.???
    That beats the hell out of me pegging a 160 MPH motorcycle speedometer
    and going for still more. I could have fallen and set a world record for
    road rash but hitting the ground straight down, not even me.
    Anybody?
    I think this guy is a candidate for worlds biggest idiot if he lived.

    It's been done before.

    http://www.grindtv.com/video/bike/david_racourt_drop/
    http://www.guzer.com/videos/huge_hill_jump.php

    I think "It's been DONE before." is a bit optimistic. I think
    "attempted" is a better word. Here's another crazy:

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6479993005799980794

    Joseph

    Amazing, the rider seems concious. (Well as concious as any that dumb
    is likely to be)
    John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

  5. "Bill" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My sister just e-mailed me her weekly status report and she heard on the
    news about a guy riding a mountain bike off a 50 foot cliff **on
    purpose**!!
    Has anybody heard of this?
    I would think it is in the USA since she lives in Arizona and somebody
    doing it in another country probably would not make the American news.
    She said he and the bike landed separately.
    Maybe he just invented a creative method of suicide.???
    That beats the hell out of me pegging a 160 MPH motorcycle speedometer and
    going for still more. I could have fallen and set a world record for road
    rash but hitting the ground straight down, not even me.
    Anybody?
    I think this guy is a candidate for worlds biggest idiot if he lived.
    Bill Baka

    Yes, he won the Darwin award.

  6. John Kane said:
    Quoted message said:
    Werehatrack said:

    On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 06:22:08 GMT, Bill <[email hidden]> may have
    said:

    >My sister just e-mailed me her weekly status report and she heard on the
    >news about a guy riding a mountain bike off a 50 foot cliff **on purpose**!!
    >Has anybody heard of this?
    >I would think it is in the USA since she lives in Arizona and somebody
    >doing it in another country probably would not make the American news.
    >She said he and the bike landed separately.
    >Maybe he just invented a creative method of suicide.???
    >That beats the hell out of me pegging a 160 MPH motorcycle speedometer
    >and going for still more. I could have fallen and set a world record for
    >road rash but hitting the ground straight down, not even me.
    >Anybody?
    >I think this guy is a candidate for worlds biggest idiot if he lived.

    It's been done before.

    http://www.grindtv.com/video/bike/david_racourt_drop/
    http://www.guzer.com/videos/huge_hill_jump.php

    I think "It's been DONE before." is a bit optimistic. I think
    "attempted" is a better word. Here's another crazy:

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6479993005799980794

    Joseph

    Amazing, the rider seems concious. (Well as concious as any that dumb
    is likely to be)
    John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

    When you see the ramp, and how he actually landed somewhat near where
    he was suposed to, it makes me think they actually thought about that
    jump for more than 5 minutes first. The landing is nice and steep with
    no obstacles, but the concrete barricade at the road side was quite
    close.

    This kid is, in my opinion, MUCH dumber: (he appears to not be too
    severly injured, but still the squeamish ought not look)

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3611853387350545613

    If watching idiots hurt themselves is too much to bear, here is a good
    compilation of downhill tumbles where nobody gets hurt:

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1703727862679379286

    Joseph

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.