Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Mini Bike Pumps - Which ones work best?

Started by cyclepath · · Last activity · 6 posts · 1,352 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
22 November 2004
Last activity
23 November 2004
Original author
cyclepath
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,352
Views / 30 days
10

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I had a Topeak Master Blaster mini pump that I lost recently. I normally have a CO2 pump that I carry with me but I also carry a mini pump in my jersey pocket for longer rides - just in case. I prefer carrying it in my jersey rather than mounting it to the frame. What are some mini pumps that you have used and recommend for road tires - high pressure, low volume tires?

    Thanks.

  2. I have a super small one made by Crank Brothers. Fits easily in a jersey pocket. Also has two setting; high pressure and high volume. All the internet retailers have them, but Performance is running a sale on it:

    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=4394&subcategory_ID=4361

  3. Does it work fairly well? One thing I hate about mini pumps that I've used is that it take some bit of effort to pump the tires up to a rideable pressure.

    capwater said:

    I have a super small one made by Crank Brothers. Fits easily in a jersey pocket. Also has two setting; high pressure and high volume. All the internet retailers have them, but Performance is running a sale on it:

    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=4394&subcategory_ID=4361

  4. Certainly not in the league of a good floor pump, but it has saved my butt when I flatted. Had no problem getting 80-90 psi, good enough to get down the road and finish the ride. I think it is barely 5 inches long so it redefines compact.

  5. Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out.

    oldcritrider said:

    Certainly not in the league of a good floor pump, but it has saved my butt when I flatted. Had no problem getting 80-90 psi, good enough to get down the road and finish the ride. I think it is barely 5 inches long so it redefines compact.

  6. How much weight do you want to carry? If you can spare up to 260g, the topeak road morph is the best semiportable pump I´ve used. I have one of the crank brothers the other person suggested and it wasn´t very friendly in getting to a higher pressure. Not only that, I would lose considerable pressue in getting it on and off. It´s weight/size is very nice though.

    cyclepath said:

    I had a Topeak Master Blaster mini pump that I lost recently. Thanks.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.