We ate at Al Pancho's in Alpine today
Al Pancho's is very, very, good basic Mexican food. The food is
consistently good and you get no surprises when you go there. We have
been eating there for the past 8 years. Always great food and great
service. (today the service sucked)
I had a Negra Modelo with those chips and salsa. Yes, I drink my beer
over ice, just something I do, gotta have a really icy cold beer.
The salsa was flavorful and spicy and the chips were not greasy.
http://i17.tinypic.com/4vdo3mh.jpg
Today the food was spot on as always. Stan had the Carne Asada plate
which is the house specialty. It comes with a cheese enchilada, a
small tostada, beans, guacamole and tortillas.
http://i18.tinypic.com/4tghd7d.jpg
What can I say about the Carne Asada. It was delicious, nice and
tender. The cheese enchilada was outstanding. The enchilada sauce was
nice and dark and rich and spicy, my favorite thing on the plate.
http://i13.tinypic.com/4l7e3c2.jpg
I had the Carnitas. They are served with rice and beans,guacamole and
lime wedges and a little chopped onion and tomatoes. Once again their
Carnitas are great.
http://i7.tinypic.com/6bl98d4.jpg
Very flavorful and just the right amount of overdone crispy, crunchy
pieces of pork along with the juicy tender chunks of mostly lean meat
with a few nice fatty pieces.
http://i14.tinypic.com/62f1krk.jpg
Glad I had enough to bring home for a midnight snack tonight.
Koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 7/14
"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw