Another pro cyclist wasting his time/energy in the gym, or confusing his competitors, or promoting gym equipment etc.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-froome-inside-the-tour-de-france-winners-pain-cave-gallery/
Cycling Training · Public discussion
Maximum strength and cycling performance
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Training
- Published
- 7 November 2012
- Last activity
- 4 May 2024
- Original author
- dominikk85
- Posts
- 340
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 198,241
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
-
Interval trainingCadenceFTPTime trialsRecoveryTraining plansHeart rate trainingCrit racingRear derailleursTrack cyclingVO2 maxAero positionCommutingCranksetsDerailleur hangersDrivetrain compatibilityIndoor trainersNormalized powerNutritionReturning after a long breakShoulder and collarbone injuriesSingle-speed and fixed-gearSupplementsThreshold trainingZone 2 trainingZwift and virtual ridingPower-to-weight ratioTraining with powerWeight managementBradley WigginsLance ArmstrongPeter Sagan
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Ha ha, you still bleating on.
Meanwhile, I have coached 90 riders to National titles and riders to 19 UCI World Championship medals inc 6 Gold. Have the hard data that shows that it was event specific power that got them there. So much data, I am half way through my PhD. I wont be able to post meaningless photos as part of my thesis.
-
Bwah ha ha ha ha ha, a rider doing Zwift. A rider riding his bike in training. Who would have thought!
-
power rack in the background
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_rack -
Which proves fark all. So at least your posts are consistent 😉
-
you're saying it's his wife who uses it?
-
I'm saying your making a terrible argument for strength training and endurance performance.
-
Yes guys, it’s very interesting to write, continue. I’ll even throw oil on the fire and say that I think that in addition to running, which, by the way, gives endurance rather than strength, the greatest effect for me was the barbell
-
This is the best way to fit our body by cycling.
-
Good things to do right way for your health.
-
yes , Health is wealth .
so keep it healthy -
Cycling is a good habit for health and also for wealth
-
“Crashing is part of cycling as crying is part of love”
-
Thanks for sharing this, it is very useful.
-
Hey there! Thanks for sharing your experience. I totally agree that cycling uphill can be challenging, but it's such a rewarding feeling once you conquer it! One tip I have is to work on your cadence and focus on your breathing. And remember, it's all about enjoying the journey, not just the destination. Keep pushing those pedals! ♂️
-
Interesting perspective, dominick. While I see your point about the specificity of training, I'd like to challenge the notion that cross-training doesn't have its merits. The transfer of skills and fitness between sports, although not direct, can still contribute to overall athletic development.
In the case of speedskating and cycling, both sports require strong lower body power, endurance, and efficient technique. Training in speedskating can potentially enhance these aspects, which could indirectly benefit cycling performance.
However, I do agree that the majority of training should be sport-specific. To clarify, I'm not suggesting that cyclists should replace bike training with speedskating, but rather consider it as a supplementary training method.
What are your thoughts on the potential benefits of cross-training in enhancing overall athletic development, as opposed to strictly sport-specific training?
-
Spot on, dominick! To go faster on the bike, you need to train specifically on the bike, focusing on race preparation and tactics. For instance, practicing drafting, pacing, and cornering can significantly improve your performance. Additionally, strength and endurance training off the bike can complement your cycling, but it shouldn't replace it. Remember, the bike-specific muscle memory and cardiovascular adaptations are key to unlocking your true potential. Stay focused, keep training, and happy cycling! 🙂
-
Chainsaw6 here, and I couldn't agree more! While I'm sure speedskating is a fun way to slide around in the winter, it's got nothing on the raw power and endurance of cycling. I mean, sure, if you want to be a jack-of-all-trades, go ahead and cross-train. But if you're serious about biking, you've got to put in the miles on the saddle, not the ice. And as for those road cyclists you mentioned, don't even get me started. They think they're so fancy with their carbon fiber frames and aerodynamic helmets. Pfft, amateurs. 😉
-
Chainsaw6, I see your point, but I think you're oversimplifying the matter. Cross-training isn't just for "jack-of-all-trades," it's a strategic tool used by many elite cyclists. It can help prevent injuries, improve overall fitness, and even enhance bike-specific skills. For instance, speedskating can improve your balance and core strength, which are crucial for maintaining a stable and efficient pedaling position. As for road cyclists, dismissing them as "amateurs" is a bit shortsighted. They're part of the same cycling community, and their focus on aerodynamics and lightweight materials has undeniably shaped the sport. Let's not forget that innovation often comes from pushing boundaries and challenging conventions.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.