Power meters · Public discussion

Max Seated Power

Started by batman220 · · Last activity · 26 posts · 4,076 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
21 December 2007
Last activity
31 December 2007
Original author
batman220
Posts
26
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,076
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–26 of 26
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. velomanct said:

    So I've been off the bike for a while due to the winter, but got out there today, even though it was still cold. I've been hitting the gym a lot lately and can say that it's definitely going to help my sprint. I've put on 15lbs since the summer, and I just got this good, new feel when I sprint now. Maybe it's just because my CNS is rested compared to during the summer. I just did a couple back to back sprints and never felt like I did before. It's just and odd, unfamilar strong feeling, it's great. Definitely something to build on, and hopefully get a powertap again to see how the progress is really going.

    LOL, my first acceleration was only a few seconds in town, brought me to 28, then soft pedaled until the road was clear again, slight downhill to a flat, slight tailwind. Then I launched again and quickly closed in on the car that had passed me, then passed them at 41mph, but I stopped short because it was kind of sketchy.

    Sprinting is so much fun. I can't wait for warm weather. Won't have that "pulling a parchute through an icebox" feeling. LOL


    Wish I could ride outside. It has been snowing the past few days and it driving me nuts. I can't wait to be outside. Another test in January hopefully will show a better 20 min time. Good luck man!!

  2. I've decided, as far as sprint training, that the best thing to do in this cold weather is keep your average speed as low as possible (either ride in the city - lots of stop and go, or do a track style workout where you just do starts and don't actually travel very far.) Otherwise, even at 50 degrees, I just get too cold on a road ride. If I were to dress warm enough, I'd overheat on every hill.

    So I plan on doing a lot of starts right in front of my house.

    And some mtn biking too, that works great if the trails are clear of snow and ice. 😄

  3. velomanct said:

    I've decided, as far as sprint training, that the best thing to do in this cold weather is keep your average speed as low as possible (either ride in the city - lots of stop and go, or do a track style workout where you just do starts and don't actually travel very far.) Otherwise, even at 50 degrees, I just get too cold on a road ride. If I were to dress warm enough, I'd overheat on every hill.

    So I plan on doing a lot of starts right in front of my house.

    And some mtn biking too, that works great if the trails are clear of snow and ice. 😄

    Thats basicly what I do. Get warm and do starts as often as I can. I also have the KK and a set of rollers with headwind unit.

  4. batman220 said:

    I am doing my initial tests with my powertap and have been training for about 3 weeks seriously. I am assuming people are doing their max tests while standing and sprinting but I can't do that on my cycleops for fear of tipping over.

    I wouldn't worry too much about toppling your CycleOps. I have a 300PT, and a buddy of mine who is 6'2" and 215 has honked on it pretty hard, and it's never even come close. If you knock the 300PT over, you probably shouldn't be on a bike, anyway... 🙂

  5. batman220 said:

    Yeah, live in Denver so Colorado Springs is about 45 minutes away.

    I live in Denver too. I feel blessed having a World Class Track so close.

    I agree, you sound like a perfect candidate for the Track. It's a blast too!

    The Track usually opens mid April. Check out:
    coloradousac.orgtrack around February when it should be updated.

    Beginners clinics are held near the beginning of the Track season too. Many from our Team (www.hammerracingteam.com ) put on the clinics. Contact us via the website if you have any questions.

    Rich

  6. J\V said:

    I wouldn't worry too much about toppling your CycleOps. I have a 300PT, and a buddy of mine who is 6'2" and 215 has honked on it pretty hard, and it's never even come close. If you knock the 300PT over, you probably shouldn't be on a bike, anyway... 🙂


    Back when I was 17 or so, we were doing wingate tests on the computrainer at Mike Fraysse's spring camp. When a strong guy would go, we'd have 3 or 4 people standing on the supports for the trainer to hold it down, lol. It wasn't the most sturdy setup.

    I use to have a Kurt Kinetic, and it was a beast, perfect for sprints, all the resistence you could dream of having and really stable. Only problem I had was it hopping a bit. I wish I never sold it.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.