What precautions, if any, do group members take against tick-transmitted diseases in the UK? Both my brother and sister-in-law, who live in Wisconsin (one of the worst areas) have contracted Lyme disease from ticks. It is no fun!
I would be loath to have to walk in long pants in the UK rather than my usual shorts.
What precautions, if any, do group members take against tick-transmitted diseases in the UK? Both my brother and sister-in-law, who live in Wisconsin (one of the worst areas) have contracted Lyme disease from ticks. It is no fun!
I would be loath to have to walk in long pants in the UK rather than my usual shorts.
The weather is rarely hot enough that not wearing shorts is too onorous! Avoiding bracken is usually a good start (grass in upland areas rarely gets long due to the sheep), other than that just check for ticks at the end of the day, and know how to remove them properly.
How likely you are to get a tick on you seems to vary hugely. I've never had one (although the cats have come in with them from time to time), other people have had several. Personally I don't think it's a big risk, but definitely not something to ignore.
What precautions, if any, do group members take against tick-transmitted diseases in the UK? Both my brother and sister-in-law, who live in Wisconsin (one of the worst areas) have contracted Lyme disease from ticks. It is no fun!
I would be loath to have to walk in long pants in the UK rather than my usual shorts.
The weather is rarely hot enough that not wearing shorts is too onorous! Avoiding bracken is usually a good start (grass in upland areas rarely gets long due to the sheep), other than that just check for ticks at the end of the day, and know how to remove them properly.
How likely you are to get a tick on you seems to vary hugely. I've never had one (although the cats have come in with them from time to time), other people have had several. Personally I don't think it's a big risk, but definitely not something to ignore.
What precautions, if any, do group members take against tick-transmitted diseases in the UK? Both my brother and sister-in-law, who live in Wisconsin (one of the worst areas) have contracted Lyme disease from ticks. It is no fun!
I would be loath to have to walk in long pants in the UK rather than my usual shorts.
The weather is rarely hot enough that not wearing shorts is too onorous! Avoiding bracken is usually a good start (grass in upland areas rarely gets long due to the sheep), other than that just check for ticks at the end of the day, and know how to remove them properly.
How likely you are to get a tick on you seems to vary hugely. I've never had one (although the cats have come in with them from time to time), other people have had several. Personally I don't think it's a big risk, but definitely not something to ignore.
What precautions, if any, do group members take against tick-transmitted diseases in the UK? Both my brother and sister-in-law, who live in Wisconsin (one of the worst areas) have contracted Lyme disease from ticks. It is no fun!
I would be loath to have to walk in long pants in the UK rather than my usual shorts.
The weather is rarely hot enough that not wearing shorts is too onorous! Avoiding bracken is usually a good start (grass in upland areas rarely gets long due to the sheep), other than that just check for ticks at the end of the day, and know how to remove them properly.
How likely you are to get a tick on you seems to vary hugely. I've never had one (although the cats have come in with them from time to time), other people have had several. Personally I don't think it's a big risk, but definitely not something to ignore.
What precautions, if any, do group members take against tick-transmitted diseases in the UK? Both my brother and sister-in-law, who live in Wisconsin (one of the worst areas) have contracted Lyme disease from ticks. It is no fun!
I would be loath to have to walk in long pants in the UK rather than my usual shorts.
The weather is rarely hot enough that not wearing shorts is too onorous! Avoiding bracken is usually a good start (grass in upland areas rarely gets long due to the sheep), other than that just check for ticks at the end of the day, and know how to remove them properly.
How likely you are to get a tick on you seems to vary hugely. I've never had one (although the cats have come in with them from time to time), other people have had several. Personally I don't think it's a big risk, but definitely not something to ignore.
I use long light weight trousers in the summer to stop the midges and also to prevent ticks although I have never had any. It also stops clegs and flies.
In Scotland there are only a few days in the summer when it is too hot and if so it is probably too hot to walk in anycase.
If worried just check yourself every day or if you have a partner get them to check you over as they normally get into the warm and private parts of your body.
I use long light weight trousers in the summer to stop the midges and also to prevent ticks although I have never had any. It also stops clegs and flies.
In Scotland there are only a few days in the summer when it is too hot and if so it is probably too hot to walk in anycase.
If worried just check yourself every day or if you have a partner get them to check you over as they normally get into the warm and private parts of your body.
I use long light weight trousers in the summer to stop the midges and also to prevent ticks although I have never had any. It also stops clegs and flies.
In Scotland there are only a few days in the summer when it is too hot and if so it is probably too hot to walk in anycase.
If worried just check yourself every day or if you have a partner get them to check you over as they normally get into the warm and private parts of your body.
I use long light weight trousers in the summer to stop the midges and also to prevent ticks although I have never had any. It also stops clegs and flies.
In Scotland there are only a few days in the summer when it is too hot and if so it is probably too hot to walk in anycase.
If worried just check yourself every day or if you have a partner get them to check you over as they normally get into the warm and private parts of your body.
I use long light weight trousers in the summer to stop the midges and also to prevent ticks although I have never had any. It also stops clegs and flies.
In Scotland there are only a few days in the summer when it is too hot and if so it is probably too hot to walk in anycase.
If worried just check yourself every day or if you have a partner get them to check you over as they normally get into the warm and private parts of your body.
If worried just check yourself every day or if you have a partner get them to check you over as they normally get into the warm and private parts of your body.
There are partners and partners...
I rarely walk in shorts, but a walk guide managed to pick up a tick in very early May - first time I'd seen one.
If worried just check yourself every day or if you have a partner get them to check you over as they normally get into the warm and private parts of your body.
There are partners and partners...
I rarely walk in shorts, but a walk guide managed to pick up a tick in very early May - first time I'd seen one.
If worried just check yourself every day or if you have a partner get them to check you over as they normally get into the warm and private parts of your body.
There are partners and partners...
I rarely walk in shorts, but a walk guide managed to pick up a tick in very early May - first time I'd seen one.
If worried just check yourself every day or if you have a partner get them to check you over as they normally get into the warm and private parts of your body.
There are partners and partners...
I rarely walk in shorts, but a walk guide managed to pick up a tick in very early May - first time I'd seen one.
If worried just check yourself every day or if you have a partner get them to check you over as they normally get into the warm and private parts of your body.
There are partners and partners...
I rarely walk in shorts, but a walk guide managed to pick up a tick in very early May - first time I'd seen one.
What precautions, if any, do group members take against tick-transmitted diseases in the UK?
None. You're more likely to come to grief some other way. STD are far more prevalent than TTD. Having said that, if you're a worrier, wear long pants and never take them down - this works for both of the above. -- R o o n e y
"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone
What precautions, if any, do group members take against tick-transmitted diseases in the UK?
None. You're more likely to come to grief some other way. STD are far more prevalent than TTD. Having said that, if you're a worrier, wear long pants and never take them down - this works for both of the above. -- R o o n e y
"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone
What precautions, if any, do group members take against tick-transmitted diseases in the UK?
None. You're more likely to come to grief some other way. STD are far more prevalent than TTD. Having said that, if you're a worrier, wear long pants and never take them down - this works for both of the above. -- R o o n e y
"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone
What precautions, if any, do group members take against tick-transmitted diseases in the UK?
None. You're more likely to come to grief some other way. STD are far more prevalent than TTD. Having said that, if you're a worrier, wear long pants and never take them down - this works for both of the above. -- R o o n e y
"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone