General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Low Fat Chicken Breast Recipe

Started by Thomas Muffaletto · · Last activity · 11 posts · 495 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
6 January 2005
Last activity
9 January 2005
Original author
Thomas Muffaletto
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
495
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was wondering if anyone had any low fat chicken breast recipes to share.
    I have a convection oven and would like to do most of the cooking in that.
    if anyone is thinking about buying a counter top convection oven. I suggest
    you check out the Waring Pro 9. or 1.5 cubic foot convection ovens.
    it has 3 heating elements 1 used with the fan.
    Thank you
    Tom

    --
    Information you can trust from the diabetes experts...
    Your American Diabetes Association
    http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp
    My Website
    http://www.gantlet.000k2.com/

  2. "Thomas Muffaletto" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I was wondering if anyone had any low fat chicken breast recipes to
    share. I have a convection oven and would like to do most of the
    cooking in that. if anyone is thinking about buying a counter top
    convection oven. I suggest you check out the Waring Pro 9. or 1.5
    cubic foot convection ovens. it has 3 heating elements 1 used with
    the fan. Thank you
    Tom

    Poach your chicken breast in seasoned water for a true low fat meal.

    --
    Starchless in Manitoba.
    Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl

  3. "Grandma's special chicken"

    Brown boneless chicken breasts
    Add 3-4 cups chicken broth (you can buy low fat in the stores)
    Let simmer about 5 minutes
    Add rice.. I use 450g (1 lb) pk. Long grain and Wild Rice
    Cover and let simmer.. add more chicken broth as required
    About 5 minutes before done I add 796 ml (28oz) can tropical fruit with the
    juice (don't use regular fruit cocktail, it tastes horrible)
    While the rice is cooking I chop up celery, green onion, slice in green
    peppers into strip, and wedge tomatoes
    Just before serving I sprinkle with chopped veggies and arrange green pepper
    strips and tomatoes to make it look nice.
    Cover again and serve almost immediately. I just want to have the veggies a
    tad more than room temperature not cooked in any way.. adds texture to the
    meal.

    Everyone here loves it.. great as left overs too. In my house the family
    would eat it all evening long until gone.

    Debbie

    "Thomas Muffaletto" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was wondering if anyone had any low fat chicken breast recipes to share.
    I have a convection oven and would like to do most of the cooking in that.
    if anyone is thinking about buying a counter top convection oven. I
    suggest
    you check out the Waring Pro 9. or 1.5 cubic foot convection ovens.
    it has 3 heating elements 1 used with the fan.
    Thank you
    Tom

    --
    Information you can trust from the diabetes experts...
    Your American Diabetes Association
    http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp
    My Website
    http://www.gantlet.000k2.com/

  4. Thomas Muffaletto said:

    I was wondering if anyone had any low fat chicken breast recipes to share.
    I have a convection oven and would like to do most of the cooking in that.
    if anyone is thinking about buying a counter top convection oven. I suggest
    you check out the Waring Pro 9. or 1.5 cubic foot convection ovens.
    it has 3 heating elements 1 used with the fan.

    Small chicken breast are pretty tasty if you just sprinkle some Cajun spice
    mixture on them, let them sit for a bit and then do them in a grill pan. You can
    brush the pan or spray it with a bit of oil.

  5. Boneless skinless chicken breast is one of my favorite low-fat
    foods, with many delicious recipes that add little more fat. My
    favorite Greek restaurant serves a lemon-oregano chicken that
    I really like. Dip the chicken in lemon juice, sprinkle with
    oregano and whatever else you like, and then roast them in
    the oven. I like mine served with rice.

    Another one that I really like but with more fat, is dijon chicken.
    Pound the chicken out to about a half inch, dip in batter (one
    egg for every tablespoon of dijon mustard, and roll in corn meal.
    Roast em! Little parmesan when served if it isn't too much fat.
    I calculate about half an egg on each piece if you want to figure
    fat.

    Michael

  6. I used to serve this over rice. At this point, I've got it converted to
    reduced carbohydrates.

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Tarragon Chicken

    Recipe By 😄amsel in dis Dress
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 tablespoon butter
    4 large chicken breast halves without skin -- 1-inch pieces
    1 medium onion -- finely chopped
    1 large garlic clove -- minced
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives -- or 2 teaspoons dried
    4 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
    1 cup dry white wine
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper -- freshly ground

    1. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
    2. Brown chicken pieces lightly on all sides.
    3. Add onion, garlic, and parsley and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes
    longer, or until onion is limp.
    4. Stir in chives, tarragon, wine (or apple juice), lemon juice, salt and
    pepper, and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 10
    minutes.
    5. Remove cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes longer, or until chicken is
    just tender.

    4 carbs per serving (5-1)

    Source:
    "based on a recipe in _Don't Tell 'Em It's Good for 'Em_ by Nancy
    Baggett, Ruth Glick, & Gloria Kaufer Greene"

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Per serving: 214 Calories (kcal); 5g Total Fat; (23% calories from fat);
    28g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 76mg Cholesterol; 245mg Sodium
    Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2
    Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

    --
    "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
    'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so pleasant.'
    Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

    *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

  7. "Thomas Muffaletto" wrote ...

    Quoted message said:

    I was wondering if anyone had any low fat chicken breast recipes to share.
    I have a convection oven and would like to do most of the cooking in that.
    if anyone is thinking about buying a counter top convection oven. I
    suggest
    you check out the Waring Pro 9. or 1.5 cubic foot convection ovens.
    it has 3 heating elements 1 used with the fan.
    Thank you
    Tom

    Well, I don't have many oven recipes, but just some to add to your
    repertoire (and yes, I have made all these; some are special favorites, like
    the Florentine and Chicken Salsa Chili; others, occasionally)--

    ROTEL SPICY SKILLET CHICKEN

    2 Tablespoons olive oil

    4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

    1 med. onion, chopped

    3 cloves garlic, minced

    2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms

    1 can (10-oz.) Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (brand name/type)

    1/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese

    In skillet, cook chicken in oil until brown. Add onion and garlic, sauté
    until tender, about 5 min.. Add mushrooms and Rotel, reduce heat. Cover;
    simmer 25 min. stirring occasionally until meat is done. Sprinkle with
    cheese. Replace cover and heat until cheese melts. Serve over rice.

    Makes 4 servings

    Ed's and Pam's Chicken Salsa Chili

    3 tbsp. olive oil

    1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces

    1 1/2 c. chopped yellow onion

    1/2 tsp. crushed red chili pepper flakes

    1 tbsp. minced fresh garlic (or equivalent dehydrated)

    2 tsp. minced fresh hot Jalapeno peppers (no seeds; use gloves when
    cutting and chopping!)

    2 c. chicken stock

    1 c. water

    1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce

    3 tbsp. chili powder (salt-free)

    2 cans (14 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained

    2 cans (15 oz.) red beans, drained and rinsed

    1/3 c. chopped fresh cilantro (about half that dried)

    2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice

    In a large stock pot, sauté chicken in olive oil over medium. heat until
    chicken is cooked. Add onions to chicken, reduce heat, cook until onions are
    tender (about 5 minutes.). Add remaining ingredients except for beans,
    chopped cilantro and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for
    15-20 minutes. Add beans and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add chopped cilantro
    and lime juice, taste and adjust seasonings, serve immediately! Serves 6-8
    people.

    Optional Garnishes
    Sour Cream
    Chopped Red Onions
    Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    Corn Chips

    BROILED CHICKEN WITH TEQUILA AND LIME (rec.food.recipes 9/18/97 - THE 5 IN
    10 COOKBOOK by Paula Hamilton - posted by Karen Selwyn)

    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

    1/3 cup tequila

    2 tablespoons honey

    grated zest and juice from one lime

    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

    Preheat the broiler. Pound the chicken breasts slightly to flatten evenly.
    In a medium bowl, combine the tequila, honey, lime zest, lime juice, and
    ground cumin. Stir to mix well. Add the chicken pieces and turn several
    times until the chicken is well coated with the marinade. Place the chicken
    breasts on a broiler pan. Broil about 4 inches from the heat, turning once
    and basting several times with the sauce for the first five minutes. Cook a
    total of 6-8 minutes, until the chicken is browned outside and white to the
    center.

    This one might work with low-fat cheese---

    SOUTHWESTERN SKILLET CHICKEN (Kim)

    2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, frozen

    1 tsp olive oil

    1 c. green, red and/or yellow bell pepper strips

    1/2 tsp cumin

    1 tsp chili powder

    1/2 c. chopped onion

    1 tsp chopped garlic

    1 - 14 oz can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped

    1/3 c. salsa

    2/3 c. chicken bouillon

    1 c. minute rice

    1 - 15 oz can black beans, drained

    1/2 c. cheese, shredded (cheddar, jack, or colby)

    Cut chicken into 1/2 in. strips. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet for 1
    minute. Add chicken and peppers; then add cumin and chili powder and cook
    for 3 minutes. Add garlic, onion, tomatoes, salsa, and bouillon. Bring to a
    boil. Add rice and stir well. Cover tightly, reduce heat to medium, and cook
    5 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in beans and cheese. Let stand 2 minutes.
    Serves 4

    SKILLET SPAGHETTI (Serves 2)

    1/4 lb spaghetti, thin (cappelini)

    1/2 tsp olive oil

    1/2 c onion, chopped

    1/2 c bell pepper, chopped

    1 clove garlic, minced

    1/2 lb chicken breast, skinless, chopped

    14 1/2-oz can crushed tomatoes

    1 Tbsp basil

    1 tsp oregano

    1 tsp salt

    1/2 tsp black pepper

    1/8 tsp red pepper flakes

    2 Tbsp parmesan cheese

    Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a skillet, heat
    oil over medium heat. Add onions, bell peppers, garlic, and chicken. Cook
    until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in crushed
    tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook 2
    minutes longer. Add spaghetti and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with parmesan
    cheese.

    I've made this one many times with the low/no-fat ingredients and it's
    great--

    Chicken Breasts Florentine (RFR - Pro-Zac - 9 Jan 1999)

    4 oz uncooked egg noodles ( 2- 2 1/2 cups) (use no-yolk)

    3 tablespoons butter/margarine

    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

    1/4 teaspoon pepper

    1 cup milk (skim is fine)

    1 cup chicken broth

    1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain (I
    use fresh sautéed in a small amount of olive until wilted - easier and
    nicer)

    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, separated

    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

    4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (1 lb)

    additional nutmeg

    Cook noodles as directed on package, drain. Heat oven to 375F. Grease
    rectangular pan, 11 x 7 1/2 inches. Meanwhile heat butter in 2-quart
    saucepan over medium heat until melted. Stir in flour and pepper. Cook over
    medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
    Stir in milk and broth. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir
    1 minute.

    Mix spinach, noodles, half of the sauce, 1/4 cup cheese and nutmeg. Spoon
    mixture into pan. Place chicken on top. Pour remaining sauce over chicken
    and spinach mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and additional nutmeg.
    Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15
    minutes longer or until light brown on top and juices of chicken run clear.
    4 servings.

  8. Debbie:
    Thank you for that great recipe.
    It sounds very tasty and I will try it.
    Mostly what I am looking for is roasting or baking recipes.
    So far everything I am cooking in this new oven is coming out
    far better than when I tried before.
    the other night I simply put a whole butternut squash with a few holes
    and baked, fennel, and Baked chicken breast simply made with a sprinkle
    of salt, pepper and paprika. OMG was it good. was the best meal I cooked
    in ages ( out of the healthy ones )
    one of the reasons I tried the convection oven was because of what I heard
    it can do to the simply chicken breast. this oven even puts grill marks on
    everything I cook.
    I am a humble beginner in cooking compared to those here but I cant help but
    think that for someone who is looking to cook low fat and loves the taste of
    baked
    and roasted foods a true convection oven is the way to go.
    one thing I think I don't like about this oven is broiling.
    it tells me to keep the door open an 1 - 1 1/2 inch open.
    I only tried it once but wasn't happy with the results compared
    to my grill like cast Irion skillet, but for the juiciest chicken breasts
    I love it.
    Tom
    cant wait to see if I can bake low fat - low sugar breads and muffins.
    whole wheat pizza - ok I am getting hungry.
    Tom

    --
    Information you can trust from the diabetes experts...
    Your American Diabetes Association
    http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp
    My Website
    http://www.gantlet.000k2.com/
    "Debbie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Grandma's special chicken"

    Brown boneless chicken breasts
    Add 3-4 cups chicken broth (you can buy low fat in the stores)
    Let simmer about 5 minutes
    Add rice.. I use 450g (1 lb) pk. Long grain and Wild Rice
    Cover and let simmer.. add more chicken broth as required
    About 5 minutes before done I add 796 ml (28oz) can tropical fruit with
    the juice (don't use regular fruit cocktail, it tastes horrible)
    While the rice is cooking I chop up celery, green onion, slice in green
    peppers into strip, and wedge tomatoes
    Just before serving I sprinkle with chopped veggies and arrange green
    pepper
    strips and tomatoes to make it look nice.
    Cover again and serve almost immediately. I just want to have the veggies
    a
    tad more than room temperature not cooked in any way.. adds texture to the
    meal.

    Everyone here loves it.. great as left overs too. In my house the family
    would eat it all evening long until gone.

    Debbie

  9. --
    "Michael" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Boneless skinless chicken breast is one of my favorite low-fat
    foods, with many delicious recipes that add little more fat. My
    favorite Greek restaurant serves a lemon-oregano chicken that
    I really like. Dip the chicken in lemon juice, sprinkle with
    oregano and whatever else you like, and then roast them in
    the oven. I like mine served with rice.

    this is exactly what I am looking for.. thank you.

    Quoted message said:


    Another one that I really like but with more fat, is dijon chicken.
    Pound the chicken out to about a half inch, dip in batter (one
    egg for every tablespoon of dijon mustard, and roll in corn meal.
    Roast em! Little parmesan when served if it isn't too much fat.
    I calculate about half an egg on each piece if you want to figure
    fat.

    Michael

    I will try that with egg substitute or eggwhite.
    Tom

  10. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.
    I will try the more complex recipes on Sundays
    if I take off from work.
    Most of the time I will be looking for
    sprinkle it and roast it type meals.
    the type of meals you just throw in the oven and
    roast everything.
    I understand seasonings are a very big part
    of having really tasty foods. All I really know
    is salt and pepper but I want variety.
    I also love very spicy foods.
    Tom

    --
    Information you can trust from the diabetes experts...
    Your American Diabetes Association
    http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp
    My Website
    http://www.gantlet.000k2.com/
    "Ed Grabau and Pam Jacoby" <pjjehg @frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Thomas Muffaletto" wrote ...

    Quoted message said:

    I was wondering if anyone had any low fat chicken breast recipes to share.
    I have a convection oven and would like to do most of the cooking in
    that.
    if anyone is thinking about buying a counter top convection oven. I
    suggest
    you check out the Waring Pro 9. or 1.5 cubic foot convection ovens.
    it has 3 heating elements 1 used with the fan.
    Thank you
    Tom

    Well, I don't have many oven recipes, but just some to add to your
    repertoire (and yes, I have made all these; some are special favorites,
    like the Florentine and Chicken Salsa Chili; others, occasionally)--

    ROTEL SPICY SKILLET CHICKEN

    2 Tablespoons olive oil

    4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

    1 med. onion, chopped

    3 cloves garlic, minced

    2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms

    1 can (10-oz.) Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (brand name/type)

    1/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese

    In skillet, cook chicken in oil until brown. Add onion and garlic, sauté
    until tender, about 5 min.. Add mushrooms and Rotel, reduce heat. Cover;
    simmer 25 min. stirring occasionally until meat is done. Sprinkle with
    cheese. Replace cover and heat until cheese melts. Serve over rice.

    Makes 4 servings

    Ed's and Pam's Chicken Salsa Chili

    3 tbsp. olive oil

    1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces

    1 1/2 c. chopped yellow onion

    1/2 tsp. crushed red chili pepper flakes

    1 tbsp. minced fresh garlic (or equivalent dehydrated)

    2 tsp. minced fresh hot Jalapeno peppers (no seeds; use gloves when
    cutting and chopping!)

    2 c. chicken stock

    1 c. water

    1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce

    3 tbsp. chili powder (salt-free)

    2 cans (14 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained

    2 cans (15 oz.) red beans, drained and rinsed

    1/3 c. chopped fresh cilantro (about half that dried)

    2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice

    In a large stock pot, sauté chicken in olive oil over medium. heat until
    chicken is cooked. Add onions to chicken, reduce heat, cook until onions
    are tender (about 5 minutes.). Add remaining ingredients except for beans,
    chopped cilantro and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer
    for 15-20 minutes. Add beans and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add chopped
    cilantro and lime juice, taste and adjust seasonings, serve immediately!
    Serves 6-8 people.

    Optional Garnishes
    Sour Cream
    Chopped Red Onions
    Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    Corn Chips

    BROILED CHICKEN WITH TEQUILA AND LIME (rec.food.recipes 9/18/97 - THE 5 IN
    10 COOKBOOK by Paula Hamilton - posted by Karen Selwyn)

    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

    1/3 cup tequila

    2 tablespoons honey

    grated zest and juice from one lime

    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

    Preheat the broiler. Pound the chicken breasts slightly to flatten evenly.
    In a medium bowl, combine the tequila, honey, lime zest, lime juice, and
    ground cumin. Stir to mix well. Add the chicken pieces and turn several
    times until the chicken is well coated with the marinade. Place the
    chicken breasts on a broiler pan. Broil about 4 inches from the heat,
    turning once and basting several times with the sauce for the first five
    minutes. Cook a total of 6-8 minutes, until the chicken is browned outside
    and white to the center.

    This one might work with low-fat cheese---

    SOUTHWESTERN SKILLET CHICKEN (Kim)

    2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, frozen

    1 tsp olive oil

    1 c. green, red and/or yellow bell pepper strips

    1/2 tsp cumin

    1 tsp chili powder

    1/2 c. chopped onion

    1 tsp chopped garlic

    1 - 14 oz can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped

    1/3 c. salsa

    2/3 c. chicken bouillon

    1 c. minute rice

    1 - 15 oz can black beans, drained

    1/2 c. cheese, shredded (cheddar, jack, or colby)

    Cut chicken into 1/2 in. strips. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet for 1
    minute. Add chicken and peppers; then add cumin and chili powder and cook
    for 3 minutes. Add garlic, onion, tomatoes, salsa, and bouillon. Bring to
    a boil. Add rice and stir well. Cover tightly, reduce heat to medium, and
    cook 5 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in beans and cheese. Let stand 2
    minutes. Serves 4

    SKILLET SPAGHETTI (Serves 2)

    1/4 lb spaghetti, thin (cappelini)

    1/2 tsp olive oil

    1/2 c onion, chopped

    1/2 c bell pepper, chopped

    1 clove garlic, minced

    1/2 lb chicken breast, skinless, chopped

    14 1/2-oz can crushed tomatoes

    1 Tbsp basil

    1 tsp oregano

    1 tsp salt

    1/2 tsp black pepper

    1/8 tsp red pepper flakes

    2 Tbsp parmesan cheese

    Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a skillet, heat
    oil over medium heat. Add onions, bell peppers, garlic, and chicken. Cook
    until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in crushed
    tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook
    2 minutes longer. Add spaghetti and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with
    parmesan cheese.

    I've made this one many times with the low/no-fat ingredients and it's
    great--

    Chicken Breasts Florentine (RFR - Pro-Zac - 9 Jan 1999)

    4 oz uncooked egg noodles ( 2- 2 1/2 cups) (use no-yolk)

    3 tablespoons butter/margarine

    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

    1/4 teaspoon pepper

    1 cup milk (skim is fine)

    1 cup chicken broth

    1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain (I
    use fresh sautéed in a small amount of olive until wilted - easier and
    nicer)

    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, separated

    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

    4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (1 lb)

    additional nutmeg

    Cook noodles as directed on package, drain. Heat oven to 375F. Grease
    rectangular pan, 11 x 7 1/2 inches. Meanwhile heat butter in 2-quart
    saucepan over medium heat until melted. Stir in flour and pepper. Cook
    over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly; remove
    from heat. Stir in milk and broth. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
    Boil and stir 1 minute.

    Mix spinach, noodles, half of the sauce, 1/4 cup cheese and nutmeg. Spoon
    mixture into pan. Place chicken on top. Pour remaining sauce over chicken
    and spinach mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and additional nutmeg.
    Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15
    minutes longer or until light brown on top and juices of chicken run
    clear. 4 servings.

  11. "Dave Smith" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Thomas Muffaletto said:

    I was wondering if anyone had any low fat chicken breast recipes to
    share.
    I have a convection oven and would like to do most of the cooking in
    that.
    if anyone is thinking about buying a counter top convection oven. I
    suggest
    you check out the Waring Pro 9. or 1.5 cubic foot convection ovens.
    it has 3 heating elements 1 used with the fan.

    Small chicken breast are pretty tasty if you just sprinkle some Cajun
    spice
    mixture on them, let them sit for a bit and then do them in a grill pan.
    You can
    brush the pan or spray it with a bit of oil.

    I like Cajun spicy stuff. I have cooked chicken in my cast Irion grill and
    it did come great.
    I must say I do like them much better in the convection oven.

    Tonight I am trying my luck with dried beans ( yep I soaked them )
    and just threw some really hot yellow, little pumpkin like peppers in there,
    some salt,
    garlic, onion, tomato, some olive oil, 4 big skinless chicken breast.
    tomorrow I will make the rice.
    Tom

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.