General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Low carbs in Strawberries a reality?

Started by JC Der Koenig · · Last activity · 31 posts · 3,236 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
18 March 2005
Last activity
20 March 2005
Original author
JC Der Koenig
Posts
31
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,236
Views / 30 days
28
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 31
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. No wonder you became obese.

    --
    Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "John E" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Folks,

    I read that GIANT strawberries , almost 2 inches in diameter, have only 2
    net carbs.

    Is this a fact?

    They are so big that I'd get very full from eating 10. Being in OWL
    phase,
    eating 20 of them per day shouldn't harm the LC diet. Well, 20 of
    is plenty of fruits per day.

    Has anyone experienced dropping out of Ketosis due to strawberries?

    I find it hard to believe that a fruit as sweet as strawberries can be
    very low on carbs.

    In addition, they are also very low in calories.

    Thanks,

    J.

  2. Hi Folks,

    I read that GIANT strawberries , almost 2 inches in diameter, have only 2
    net carbs.

    Is this a fact?

    They are so big that I'd get very full from eating 10. Being in OWL phase,
    eating 20 of them per day shouldn't harm the LC diet. Well, 20 of
    is plenty of fruits per day.

    Has anyone experienced dropping out of Ketosis due to strawberries?

    I find it hard to believe that a fruit as sweet as strawberries can be
    very low on carbs.

    In addition, they are also very low in calories.

    Thanks,

    J.

  3. John E said:

    Hi Folks,

    I read that GIANT strawberries , almost 2 inches in diameter, have only 2
    net carbs.

    Is this a fact?

    They are so big that I'd get very full from eating 10. Being in OWL
    phase,
    eating 20 of them per day shouldn't harm the LC diet. Well, 20 of
    is plenty of fruits per day.

    Has anyone experienced dropping out of Ketosis due to strawberries?

    I find it hard to believe that a fruit as sweet as strawberries can be
    very low on carbs.

    In addition, they are also very low in calories.

    Thanks,

    J.

    In moderation they seem reasonbable:

    Strawberries: 7.68 g carbs and 32 calories / 100 grams
    Bananas: 22 g carbs and 89 cal /100 g

    Source: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

    gtoomey

  4. JC Der Koenig said:

    No wonder you became obese.

    IBM email address? Is that an official IBM statement?

    gtoomey

  5. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:
    John E said:

    Hi Folks,

    I read that GIANT strawberries , almost 2 inches in diameter, have only 2
    net carbs.

    Is this a fact?

    They are so big that I'd get very full from eating 10. Being in OWL
    phase,
    eating 20 of them per day shouldn't harm the LC diet. Well, 20 of
    is plenty of fruits per day.

    Has anyone experienced dropping out of Ketosis due to strawberries?

    I find it hard to believe that a fruit as sweet as strawberries can be
    very low on carbs.

    In addition, they are also very low in calories.

    Thanks,

    J.

    In moderation they seem reasonbable:

    Strawberries: 7.68 g carbs and 32 calories / 100 grams
    Bananas: 22 g carbs and 89 cal /100 g

    Strawberries in season are LOVELY and make an excellent low-carb
    dessert, especially with whipped cream, yogurt or ricotta cheese.

    --
    Saffire
    205/143/125 - 5'1.5"
    Atkins since 6/14/03
    Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

  6. "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    No wonder you became obese.

    I am not obese you mother fuucker.

    Pants size 32 is obese you idiot ? I bet I look much better than
    you've ever looked.

    Shut your stupid mouth.

    J.

  7. John E said:

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    No wonder you became obese.

    I am not obese you mother fuucker.

    Pants size 32 is obese you idiot ? I bet I look much better than
    you've ever looked.

    Shut your stupid mouth.

    J.

    There is no need do drop lower than his level, John. 🙂

  8. All berries are fairly low-carb and I've been eating them almost every day
    since the first day of my LC plan (Protein Power Lifeplan) for over a year
    now with no problems encountered.

    John E said:

    Hi Folks,

    I read that GIANT strawberries , almost 2 inches in diameter, have only 2
    net carbs.

    Is this a fact?

    They are so big that I'd get very full from eating 10. Being in OWL phase,
    eating 20 of them per day shouldn't harm the LC diet. Well, 20 of
    is plenty of fruits per day.

    Has anyone experienced dropping out of Ketosis due to strawberries?

    I find it hard to believe that a fruit as sweet as strawberries can be
    very low on carbs.

    In addition, they are also very low in calories.

    -----
    Bev

  9. For sure, dude.

    --
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

    "Gregory Toomey" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    JC Der Koenig said:

    No wonder you became obese.

    IBM email address? Is that an official IBM statement?

    gtoomey

  10. Methinks he doth protest too much.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "John E" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    No wonder you became obese.

    I am not obese you mother fuucker.

    Pants size 32 is obese you idiot ? I bet I look much better than
    you've ever looked.

    Shut your stupid mouth.

    J.

  11. "John E" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Folks,

    I read that GIANT strawberries , almost 2 inches in diameter, have only 2
    net carbs.

    Is this a fact?

    They are so big that I'd get very full from eating 10. Being in OWL
    phase,
    eating 20 of them per day shouldn't harm the LC diet. Well, 20 of
    is plenty of fruits per day.

    Has anyone experienced dropping out of Ketosis due to strawberries?

    I find it hard to believe that a fruit as sweet as strawberries can be
    very low on carbs.

    In addition, they are also very low in calories.

    Thanks,

    J.


    I have a 1/2 c. chopped strawberries with cottage cheese maybe once or twice
    a week. FitDay counts the strawberries at 5 grams of carbs per half cup.
    Never had a problem with them. But, hey, that's just me.

    Berries in general are a lower carb fruit than say, apples.

    Lisa

  12. I have not read this, but it seems plausible. Tiny fruits often seem to be
    sweeter than large, and a large strawberry has a large white fibrous section
    through the middle.

    In any case, even if the large strawberries have no advantage, the carbs are
    relatively low. It the rest of your carbs are very low for the day, why not
    have a bowl of strawberries. I had some strawberries at a relative's house
    last night, but I only had two large ones. My total net carbs for the day
    were 18, so a few strawberries were harmless. I probably should have had a
    few more.

    "John E" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Folks,

    I read that GIANT strawberries , almost 2 inches in diameter, have only 2
    net carbs.

    Is this a fact?

    They are so big that I'd get very full from eating 10. Being in OWL


    phase,

    Quoted message said:

    eating 20 of them per day shouldn't harm the LC diet. Well, 20 of
    is plenty of fruits per day.

    Has anyone experienced dropping out of Ketosis due to strawberries?

    I find it hard to believe that a fruit as sweet as strawberries can be
    very low on carbs.

    In addition, they are also very low in calories.

    Thanks,

    J.

  13. strawberries are great- so are blue berries- but fruit size does bring up
    the point- weigh your portions if you need an accurate count

    you can eat many different fruits- but what is your portion size!

    Diane

    "Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I have not read this, but it seems plausible. Tiny fruits often seem to be
    sweeter than large, and a large strawberry has a large white fibrous
    section
    through the middle.

    In any case, even if the large strawberries have no advantage, the carbs
    are
    relatively low. It the rest of your carbs are very low for the day, why
    not
    have a bowl of strawberries. I had some strawberries at a relative's
    house
    last night, but I only had two large ones. My total net carbs for the day
    were 18, so a few strawberries were harmless. I probably should have had
    a
    few more.

    "John E" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Folks,

    I read that GIANT strawberries , almost 2 inches in diameter, have only 2
    net carbs.

    Is this a fact?

    They are so big that I'd get very full from eating 10. Being in OWL


    phase,

    Quoted message said:

    eating 20 of them per day shouldn't harm the LC diet. Well, 20 of
    is plenty of fruits per day.

    Has anyone experienced dropping out of Ketosis due to strawberries?

    I find it hard to believe that a fruit as sweet as strawberries can be
    very low on carbs.

    In addition, they are also very low in calories.

    Thanks,

    J.

  14. You are right Roger, but I've had it with his garbage.

    "Roger Zoul" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    John E said:

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    No wonder you became obese.

    I am not obese you mother fuucker.

    Pants size 32 is obese you idiot ? I bet I look much better than
    you've ever looked.

    Shut your stupid mouth.

    J.

    There is no need do drop lower than his level, John. 🙂

  15. So whatcha gonna do, fatboy?

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "John E" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You are right Roger, but I've had it with his garbage.

    "Roger Zoul" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    John E said:

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > No wonder you became obese.

    I am not obese you mother fuucker.

    Pants size 32 is obese you idiot ? I bet I look much better than
    you've ever looked.

    Shut your stupid mouth.

    J.

    There is no need do drop lower than his level, John. 🙂

  16. I am gonna make sure you keep your mouth shut by giving you a sperm breath.

    Welcome to my ignore file TRASH ASS.

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    So whatcha gonna do, fatboy?

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "John E" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You are right Roger, but I've had it with his garbage.

    "Roger Zoul" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    John E <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    >> No wonder you became obese.
    >
    > I am not obese you mother fuucker.
    >
    > Pants size 32 is obese you idiot ? I bet I look much better than
    > you've ever looked.
    >
    > Shut your stupid mouth.
    >
    > J.

    There is no need do drop lower than his level, John. 🙂

  17. How does it feel to be fat and stupid at the same time?

    Just wondering...

    --

    Eat less, exercise more. -- MFW

    --
    "John E" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am gonna make sure you keep your mouth shut by giving you a sperm breath.

    Welcome to my ignore file TRASH ASS.

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    So whatcha gonna do, fatboy?

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "John E" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You are right Roger, but I've had it with his garbage.

    "Roger Zoul" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > John E <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email hidden]...
    >>> No wonder you became obese.
    >>
    >> I am not obese you mother fuucker.
    >>
    >> Pants size 32 is obese you idiot ? I bet I look much better than
    >> you've ever looked.
    >>
    >> Shut your stupid mouth.
    >>
    >> J.
    >
    > There is no need do drop lower than his level, John. 🙂
    >
    >

  18. John E said:

    I am gonna make sure you keep your mouth shut by giving you a sperm breath.

    Hey JC, there's a good tagline for you to use...

  19. Cubit said:

    I have not read this, but it seems plausible. Tiny fruits often seem to be
    sweeter than large, and a large strawberry has a large white fibrous section
    through the middle.

    In any case, even if the large strawberries have no advantage, the carbs are
    relatively low. It the rest of your carbs are very low for the day, why not
    have a bowl of strawberries. I had some strawberries at a relative's house
    last night, but I only had two large ones. My total net carbs for the day
    were 18, so a few strawberries were harmless. I probably should have had a
    few more.

    "John E" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Folks,

    I read that GIANT strawberries , almost 2 inches in diameter, have only 2
    net carbs.

    Is this a fact?

    They are so big that I'd get very full from eating 10. Being in OWL

    phase,

    Quoted message said:

    eating 20 of them per day shouldn't harm the LC diet. Well, 20 of
    is plenty of fruits per day.

    Has anyone experienced dropping out of Ketosis due to strawberries?

    I find it hard to believe that a fruit as sweet as strawberries can be
    very low on carbs.

    In addition, they are also very low in calories.

    Thanks,

    J.

    Here is what I found on Strawberries(don't know about size, but the
    smaller ones seem to be sweeter and the larger ones do have the white
    fibrous material):

    Strawberries 1 cup serving size, 10.5 carbs, 3.4 Fiber 0.9 Protein
    (from http://www.carb-lite.au.com/infcarbs.html#VEGETABLES)

    Seems fine and one cup seems like a lot to have at one sitting. I have
    about 3 sliced in cereal for breakfast just about daily. If a few
    straberries or my daily apple are the reasons I put weight back on then
    so be it....but I doubt that we get fat from strawberries.

    Here are a couple of more examples:

    Apple 1 cup 16.8 3.0 0.2
    Avocado 1 cup 17.1 5.8 4.6
    Banana 1 cup 52.4 5.4 2.3
    Blackberries 1 cup 18.4 7.2 1.0
    Blueberries 1 cup 20.5 3.9 1.0

    Rarely do I have a chunk of one of the kids' banana and it is too bad.
    They are enjoyable.

    Joe

  20. "Xtile" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1111219985.8c1b05ffcb7edab74ed05be382b43fb7@teranews...

    Quoted message said:
    John E said:

    I am gonna make sure you keep your mouth shut by giving you a sperm
    breath.

    Hey JC, there's a good tagline for you to use...

    Seems a little gay, and the grammar is a bit off.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.