General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Low Carb One-Minute Fudge

Started by Uncle Enrico · · Last activity · 12 posts · 915 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
17 September 2005
Last activity
21 September 2005
Original author
Uncle Enrico
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
915
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This is too good.

    Ingredients:
    Old Fashioned Peanut Butter--non hydrogenated--Laura Scudders is great.
    Hershey's Cocoa (unsweetened--the crude stuff--brown carton with rounded
    corners and plastic lid)
    Chopped Pecans
    Splenda

    OK..mix it together and eat. Be generous with the cocoa and go easy on
    the Splenda.

  2. Fudge is how you got fat in the first place.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "Uncle Enrico" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is too good.

    Ingredients:
    Old Fashioned Peanut Butter--non hydrogenated--Laura Scudders is great.
    Hershey's Cocoa (unsweetened--the crude stuff--brown carton with rounded
    corners and plastic lid)
    Chopped Pecans
    Splenda

    OK..mix it together and eat. Be generous with the cocoa and go easy on the
    Splenda.

  3. Uncle Enrico said:

    This is too good.

    Ingredients:
    Old Fashioned Peanut Butter--non hydrogenated--Laura Scudders is great.
    Hershey's Cocoa (unsweetened--the crude stuff--brown carton with rounded
    corners and plastic lid)
    Chopped Pecans
    Splenda

    OK..mix it together and eat. Be generous with the cocoa and go easy on
    the Splenda.

    How much of each ingredient?
    What about watching that PB! One tbl is LOADED with calories.

    --
    http://homepage.mac.com/mkatzman/

  4. I've made this as a snack quite a few times. It is really good. You can use
    any kind of nut, but I'd agree that pecans are the best, with walnuts
    second. Form it into balls and roll in dry cocoa or finely chopped nuts, if
    you want a more formal presentation. Sesame seeds would be pretty also.

    Caution - this is really high in calories, as others have mentioned. But way
    better for you than grabbing the Twinkies.

    HG

    "Uncle Enrico" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is too good.

    Ingredients:
    Old Fashioned Peanut Butter--non hydrogenated--Laura Scudders is great.
    Hershey's Cocoa (unsweetened--the crude stuff--brown carton with rounded
    corners and plastic lid)
    Chopped Pecans
    Splenda

    OK..mix it together and eat. Be generous with the cocoa and go easy on the
    Splenda.

  5. I've made this as a snack quite a few times. It is really good. You can use
    any kind of nut, but I'd agree that pecans are the best, with walnuts
    second. Form it into balls and roll in dry cocoa or finely chopped nuts, if
    you want a more formal presentation. Sesame seeds would be pretty also.

    Caution - this is really high in calories, as others have mentioned. But way
    better for you than grabbing the Twinkies.

    HG

    "Uncle Enrico" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is too good.

    Ingredients:
    Old Fashioned Peanut Butter--non hydrogenated--Laura Scudders is great.
    Hershey's Cocoa (unsweetened--the crude stuff--brown carton with rounded
    corners and plastic lid)
    Chopped Pecans
    Splenda

    OK..mix it together and eat. Be generous with the cocoa and go easy on the
    Splenda.

  6. Thanks for the tips on presentation. Dusting the little treats with
    cocoa and rolling in sesame seeds works great. I put them in the freezer
    for 20 minutes before serving and that made them even better.

    Hannah Gruen said:

    I've made this as a snack quite a few times. It is really good. You can use
    any kind of nut, but I'd agree that pecans are the best, with walnuts
    second. Form it into balls and roll in dry cocoa or finely chopped nuts, if
    you want a more formal presentation. Sesame seeds would be pretty also.

    Caution - this is really high in calories, as others have mentioned. But way
    better for you than grabbing the Twinkies.

    HG

    "Uncle Enrico" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is too good.

    Ingredients:
    Old Fashioned Peanut Butter--non hydrogenated--Laura Scudders is great.
    Hershey's Cocoa (unsweetened--the crude stuff--brown carton with rounded
    corners and plastic lid)
    Chopped Pecans
    Splenda

    OK..mix it together and eat. Be generous with the cocoa and go easy on the
    Splenda.

  7. "Uncle Enrico" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is too good.

    Ingredients:
    Old Fashioned Peanut Butter--non hydrogenated--Laura Scudders is great.
    Hershey's Cocoa (unsweetened--the crude stuff--brown carton with rounded
    corners and plastic lid)
    Chopped Pecans
    Splenda

    OK..mix it together and eat. Be generous with the cocoa and go easy on
    the Splenda.

    I had seen something (might have even been on this forum), where the
    combination was unsweetend cocoa, splenda, heavy cream and a bit of pb to
    sort of hold it together. I think it might have even been baked, but I'm
    not too sure. It sounded good and eaten in moderation it appeared to be a
    nice change from the old ricotta cheese, cocoa and splenda combination.

    (the)duckster

  8. In article <UKZWe.1949$T55.1379@trndny06>,

    Marshall said:
    Uncle Enrico said:

    This is too good.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Ingredients:
    Old Fashioned Peanut Butter--non hydrogenated--Laura Scudders is great.
    Hershey's Cocoa (unsweetened--the crude stuff--brown carton with rounded
    corners and plastic lid)
    Chopped Pecans
    Splenda

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    OK..mix it together and eat. Be generous with the cocoa and go easy on
    the Splenda.

    Quoted message said:

    How much of each ingredient?
    What about watching that PB! One tbl is LOADED with calories.

    The subject is low carb, not low calories. Every one of the
    ingredients, except Splenda, is loaded with calories.
    --
    This address is for information only. I do not claim that these views
    are those of the Statistics Department or of Purdue University.
    Herman Rubin, Department of Statistics, Purdue University
    [email hidden] Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558

  9. I decided to try the OP's suggestion and came up with the following that
    worked quite nicely. This is great for people like me who are
    lactose-intolerant.

    1/4 cup DaVinci SF Syrup (I used vanilla)
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    2 tbsp unsweetened natural peanut butter
    1 tbsp chopped pecans (or nut of your choice)

    Heat the syrup in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir in the cocoa
    powder until melted. Add peanut butter and microwave another 30 seconds to
    make it easier to combine, then mix well. Stir in nuts if using. It will
    be quite stiff so add a little water to the syrup before microwaving if you
    want it runnier.

    on Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:17:13 GMT, "\(the\)duckster" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I had seen something (might have even been on this forum), where the
    combination was unsweetend cocoa, splenda, heavy cream and a bit of pb to
    sort of hold it together. I think it might have even been baked, but I'm
    not too sure. It sounded good and eaten in moderation it appeared to be a
    nice change from the old ricotta cheese, cocoa and splenda combination.


    -----
    Bev

  10. When I'm hungry for chocolate. I melt a square of unsweetened chocolate,
    and sweeten it with whatever DaVinci SF syrup I'm in the mood for, put
    it on a piece of foil and chill. Sometimes I add a few walnut pieces.
    Jenny put me on to sweetening it with the syrups since it makes it lower
    carb and also lower calorie without the cream or butter, and it still
    tastes good to me. YMMV

    --
    Cheri

    Bev-Ann wrote in message ...

    Quoted message said:

    I decided to try the OP's suggestion and came up with the following


    that

    Quoted message said:

    worked quite nicely. This is great for people like me who are
    lactose-intolerant.

    1/4 cup DaVinci SF Syrup (I used vanilla)
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    2 tbsp unsweetened natural peanut butter
    1 tbsp chopped pecans (or nut of your choice)

    Heat the syrup in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir in the


    cocoa

    Quoted message said:

    powder until melted. Add peanut butter and microwave another 30


    seconds to

    Quoted message said:

    make it easier to combine, then mix well. Stir in nuts if using. It


    will

    Quoted message said:

    be quite stiff so add a little water to the syrup before microwaving if


    you

    Quoted message said:

    want it runnier.

    on Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:17:13 GMT, "\(the\)duckster"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I had seen something (might have even been on this forum), where the
    combination was unsweetend cocoa, splenda, heavy cream and a bit of pb


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sort of hold it together. I think it might have even been baked, but


    I'm

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    not too sure. It sounded good and eaten in moderation it appeared to


    be a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    nice change from the old ricotta cheese, cocoa and splenda


    combination.

    Quoted message said:

    -----
    Bev

  11. "Uncle Enrico" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks for the tips on presentation. Dusting the little treats with cocoa
    and rolling in sesame seeds works great. I put them in the freezer for 20
    minutes before serving and that made them even better.

    Oh... another tip. When making things like this, adding some protein powder
    can help firm them up so they don't get so soft at room temperature. You'll
    want to use a protein powder with a pleasant, neutral taste. Probably more
    like a whey type, rather than a soy-based powder.

    HG

  12. "Uncle Enrico" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks for the tips on presentation. Dusting the little treats with cocoa
    and rolling in sesame seeds works great. I put them in the freezer for 20
    minutes before serving and that made them even better.

    Oh... another tip. When making things like this, adding some protein powder
    can help firm them up so they don't get so soft at room temperature. You'll
    want to use a protein powder with a pleasant, neutral taste. Probably more
    like a whey type, rather than a soy-based powder.

    HG

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.