Professional Cycling · Public discussion

Looks like Triki might miss Vuelta

Started by thebluetrain · · Last activity · 12 posts · 1,640 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Professional Cycling
Published
1 August 2005
Last activity
2 August 2005
Original author
thebluetrain
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,640
Views / 30 days
8

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Beltrán run over by motorcycle

    After a crash during training in Spain, Manuel Beltrán (Discovery Channel) is uncertain to race the upcoming Vuelta a España (August 27-September 18). "Triki" Beltrán as well as three other riders out of a group of ten were ran over by a motorcycle near Jean in the South of the country yesterday, Sunday July 31, Spanish Marca reported. The Discovery rider suffered skin burns on his thigh and a swollen elbow as his bike was caught by the motorcycle and dragged further across the tarmac.

    "At this moment, I don't know if I'll be able to take part in the Vuelta", the 34 year-old said, although his injuries were confirmed to be only minor at the hospital later. "I'm trying to assess what happened. The risk of crashing is part of the job, but what's important is that I'm in good condition. It's logical that this accident means a setback to my preparation for the Vuelta a España." Beltrán finished the Tour of Spain 2003 in sixth position on GC.

  2. No problem. "Tricky" can just use the illegal dose of corticoids he used at the 1999 TDF--wherupon he was exempted--just like his future boss was.

    Gotta love a doper with an exemption. (TUE excuse)

    Maybe he can dig up some Actovegin and insulin for his road rash too. I hear USPO carried it in 2000.

    thebluetrain said:

    Beltrán run over by motorcycle

    After a crash during training in Spain, Manuel Beltrán (Discovery Channel) is uncertain to race the upcoming Vuelta a España (August 27-September 18). "Triki" Beltrán as well as three other riders out of a group of ten were ran over by a motorcycle near Jean in the South of the country yesterday, Sunday July 31, Spanish Marca reported. The Discovery rider suffered skin burns on his thigh and a swollen elbow as his bike was caught by the motorcycle and dragged further across the tarmac.

    "At this moment, I don't know if I'll be able to take part in the Vuelta", the 34 year-old said, although his injuries were confirmed to be only minor at the hospital later. "I'm trying to assess what happened. The risk of crashing is part of the job, but what's important is that I'm in good condition. It's logical that this accident means a setback to my preparation for the Vuelta a España." Beltrán finished the Tour of Spain 2003 in sixth position on GC.

  3. i must be psychic. i would have bet my bike that flyer's post was going to be a useless anti-postal doping comment.

  4. Flyer said:

    No problem. "Tricky" can just use the illegal dose of corticoids he used at the 1999 TDF--wherupon he was exempted--just like his future boss was.

    Gotta love a doper with an exemption. (TUE excuse)

    Maybe he can dig up some Actovegin and insulin for his road rash too. I hear USPO carried it in 2000.


    Maybe he can dig up some of that "Saddle Cream" to use on his road rash. What is USPO???? United States Post Office? Are you going Postal on us???😄

  5. Beltran was NOT on USPO in 1999.

    Corticosteroids were used by all teams---even #1 ranked Team Mapei.

    Ironically, illegal drugs are sent by Fed Ex too. No Postal inspectors.

    cheapie said:

    i must be psychic. i would have bet my bike that flyer's post was going to be a useless anti-postal doping comment.

  6. I got it. The 'Blue Train' is secret doping code for a string of oral medications.

    Sort of like: Candycoated Clown we call the sandman?

    You have been swept up by doping, and doping excuses. Have another Clown on me.

    thebluetrain said:

    Maybe he can dig up some of that "Saddle Cream" to use on his road rash. What is USPO???? United States Post Office? Are you going Postal on us???😄

  7. Flyer said:


    Ironically, illegal drugs are sent by Fed Ex too. No Postal inspectors.


    Very few of the drugs discussed on this forum and mentioned by yourself are actually illegal in themselves, simply illegal if despatched or used without a prescription, and against the rules of competition if used with or without prescription. Prescriptions, I would imagine, are easy to come by if you're serious and have money. Hence the illegality of many of these usages is difficult to establish.

  8. Flyer said:

    No problem. "Tricky" can just use the illegal dose of corticoids he used at the 1999 TDF--wherupon he was exempted--just like his future boss was.

    Gotta love a doper with an exemption. (TUE excuse)

    Maybe he can dig up some Actovegin and insulin for his road rash too. I hear USPO carried it in 2000.

    You could have shown a little sympathy before tearing the guy apart. Even if he is on drugs I'm sure his injuries hurt.

  9. I disagree and I'll tell you why.

    Triki Beltran fell off his bike and under a motorcycle. So what? He did not overdose, yet. That may occur at any moment. Then I will be sad. Does Triki deserve our sympathies?

    The same sympathy that the doping apologist showed for Marco Pantani, Johan Sermon, Jose Maria Jimenez, Denis Zanette, Fabrice Salason or Marco Rusconi?

    Sympathy for doper Tom Simpson? A monument?

    Sympathy for Jacques Anquetil and pancreatic cancer at age 53?

    Hell, I even had one doping apologist 'correct me' on Thierry Claveyrolet, claiming he was still alive.

    Claveyrolet committed suicide at age 40! He is dead.

    Triki Beltran is still very much alive and part of the doping culture. He is part of the problem, not solution.

    Triki is not a sympathetic character. Not at all.

    Hero worship of drug addicts fuels the utter denial of illegal and unhealthy doping in the peloton.

    Sympathetic fans are a big part of the problem.

    mitosis said:

    You could have shown a little sympathy before tearing the guy apart. Even if he is on drugs I'm sure his injuries hurt.

  10. All the drugs are illegal unless the rider declares them on a TUE form. (therapuetic exemption use)

    Insulin, corticosteroids, Pot Belge (amphetamine), EPO, blood transfusions, human or horse Growth Hormones, Testosterone, clomind, hCG, Nandrolone, Androgens, Caffeine, Lidocaine, vasodilators, research drugs, secret designer drugs are all BANNED per the 2005 WADA list.

    That said, so what? All of drugs are used by today's riders. In addition, renal & kidney boosters are used too along with blood doping protocols which are not ever tested.

    If you don't or won't test, the doped show can go on.

    The money is 99.999% on the doping science side of the equation. The politics is 100% on the commercial side.

    Richard Pound (WADA) is a hungry but toothless dog trapped in a junk yard of drug addicted athletes and greedy, corrupt businessmen.

    artemidorus said:

    Very few of the drugs discussed on this forum and mentioned by yourself are actually illegal in themselves, simply illegal if despatched or used without a prescription, and against the rules of competition if used with or without prescription. Prescriptions, I would imagine, are easy to come by if you're serious and have money. Hence the illegality of many of these usages is difficult to establish.

  11. Flyer said:

    No problem. "Tricky" can just use the illegal dose of corticoids he used at the 1999 TDF--wherupon he was exempted--just like his future boss was.

    Gotta love a doper with an exemption. (TUE excuse)

    Maybe he can dig up some Actovegin and insulin for his road rash too. I hear USPO carried it in 2000.

    Flyer,

    Do you have to turn every single thread into one of your inane doping discussions? Some of us like to come here to discuss cycling because we actually enjoy the sport. I happen to agree with you that there's a serious doping problem in the sport of professional cycling. But I don't see why you feel it's necessary to ruin every thread with your repetetive doping banter. I think I speak for a lot of forum members when I say: Take it to the doping forum and leave it there! We're tired as hell of it!

  12. Triki is a confirmed corticosteroid user.

    In the 1999 TDF he tested positive. (Others did too)

    Perhaps you were unaware of it.

    If he were not--I would not have mentioned it.

    Separating Triki from doping is tricky.

    meehs said:

    Flyer,

    Do you have to turn every single thread into one of your inane doping discussions? Some of us like to come here to discuss cycling because we actually enjoy the sport. I happen to agree with you that there's a serious doping problem in the sport of professional cycling. But I don't see why you feel it's necessary to ruin every thread with your repetetive doping banter. I think I speak for a lot of forum members when I say: Take it to the doping forum and leave it there! We're tired as hell of it!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.