I'm looking for some old recipes and would like to know if any one has any sites book marked that may contain all old recipes. I've checked the following:
<[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Hello All,
I'm looking for some old recipes and would like to know if any one has any sites book marked that may contain all old recipes. I've checked the following:
So far I like the recipes at the last site. Any recommendations?
thanks Frank
If I gave you a recipe and didn't reveal the original source, how would you know if it was a new or old recipe, assuming it didn't contain any ingredients which would provide a hint?
I'm looking for some old recipes and would like to know if any one has any sites book marked that may contain all old recipes. I've checked the following:
I'm looking for some old recipes and would like to know if any one has any sites book marked that may contain all old recipes. I've checked the following:
So far I like the recipes at the last site. Any recommendations?
I think all three of those sites are pretty random collections. No discernible quality control, but then my experience with them is very limited.
For old recipes in particular check out this website. It's a history project that collected American cookbooks from the earliest ones they could find -- late 18th century on. It's a large collection and they are available for your reading online. Quite fun to browse through if you're into old cookbooks. It was posted here in rfc some time ago but I've forgotten by whom. -aem
I'm looking for some old recipes and would like to know if any one has any sites book marked that may contain all old recipes. I've checked the following:
So far I like the recipes at the last site. Any recommendations?
thanks Frank
What sort of old recipes are you looking for? 1950s burgers made up with chopped bacon, sausage and ground beef mixed together, formed into patties and broiled? Stuff from _Salt Water Foodways_ on cooking with the minimal ingredients then available? Recipes from when cookies were called cookys, or recipes receipts? Or are you looking for specific recipes for things you once enjoyed?
I'm looking for some old recipes and would like to know if any one has any sites book marked that may contain all old recipes. I've checked the following:
There is a news group called rec.food.historic. If you are trying to find REALLY old recipes, check their archives.
Boron
Thanks Boron!
As for what classifies a recipe as "old". I'm really intrested in anything prior to 1960s. I've been reading some old cook books (some as old as 1898) and am amazed at the simplicty and taste of many of these recipes. A friend of mine is a chef and was commenting that many older recipes have very good foundations (base) and with a little bit of creativity you can make some delicious and intriguing recipes and dishes.
<[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
There is a news group called rec.food.historic. If you are trying to find REALLY old recipes, check their archives.
Boron
Thanks Boron!
As for what classifies a recipe as "old". I'm really intrested in anything prior to 1960s. I've been reading some old cook books (some as old as 1898) and am amazed at the simplicty and taste of many of these recipes. A friend of mine is a chef and was commenting that many older recipes have very good foundations (base) and with a little bit of creativity you can make some delicious and intriguing recipes and dishes.
regards Frank
"In Nonna's Kitchen" - great book. All recipes from Italian grandmothers. You want simplicity? This is it.