Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Looking for M7 Stainless Steel socket head bolts

Started by crb · · Last activity · 7 posts · 1,090 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
21 March 2007
Last activity
22 March 2007
Original author
crb
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,090
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My headstem uses plated steel M7 bolts (2 at each end) and I would
    like to replace them with stainless steel bolts for corosion
    resistance.

    So far I have tried a few Melbourne bolt specialists and trawled the
    internet.

    The closest I have come to finding some is US online stores that don't
    ship internationally.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  2. crb said:

    My headstem uses plated steel M7 bolts (2 at each end) and I would
    like to replace them with stainless steel bolts for corosion
    resistance.

    So far I have tried a few Melbourne bolt specialists and trawled the
    internet.

    The closest I have come to finding some is US online stores that don't
    ship internationally.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Try this place in North Parramatta, Sydney

    Lee Bros Engineering Pty Ltd

    6 Dunlop St North Parramatta NSW 2151
    ph: (02) 9890 1555

    Mike

  3. M7 is not a standard metric size. You will be hard pushed to find
    one off the shelf, chances you will have to get them machined. Even
    then there is no Australian Standard for M7 bolts.

    And also considering you want them in stainless, it will cost you a
    small fortune.

    If you want to avoid corrosion, why dont you use some/more grease?

    Jimbo Jones

  4. In article <[email hidden]>,

    crb said:

    My headstem uses plated steel M7 bolts (2 at each end) and I would
    like to replace them with stainless steel bolts for corosion
    resistance.

    So far I have tried a few Melbourne bolt specialists and trawled the
    internet.

    The closest I have come to finding some is US online stores that don't
    ship internationally.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Is this what you are after:
    <http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi?id=64597887442&d=single&c=Repair-P
    arts&sc=Fasteners&tc=Socket-Head-Bolts&item_id=US-CS725>

    What length?

    regards,
    Darryl

  5. Quoted message said:

    Is this what you are after:
    <http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi?id=64597887442&d=single&c=Repair-P
    arts&sc=Fasteners&tc=Socket-Head-Bolts&item_id=US-CS725>

    What length?

    That is the closest I have found (while looking afresh today).

    I am replacing 23mm & 17mm bolts so 25mm is OK for the longer ones,
    which are the ones currently showing corrosion in head socket.

  6. "Super Cheap Auto" sell a range of ss hex socket head bolts
    in li'l plastic boxes. Pretty sure I've bought some M7;
    shortish though...

  7. Thanks everyone for your suggestions (and in Bicycle Victoria Forums
    and rec.bicycle.tech).

    I had no luck with the specialist bolt suppliers, so I have ordered
    from http://www.biketoolsetc.com and had them delivered to
    a US address.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.