Road Cycling · Public discussion

Looking for good racing bike gloves

Started by Bob in CT · · Last activity · 7 posts · 458 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
12 July 2004
Last activity
13 July 2004
Original author
Bob in CT
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
458
Views / 30 days
11
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have some gloves, mainly for mountain biking. However, these don't help
    racing biking as much, as I tend to sit on the brake hoods longer on my
    racing bike. Can anyone recommend a good pair of gloves for those times I
    ride my racing bike? Thanks!

    --
    Bob in CT
    Remove ".x" to reply

  2. TeoSport. The glove's padded section has spaces so when you close your hand
    around the bar the sections join but do not bunch up.

    Bruce

  3. Bob in CT said:

    I have some gloves, mainly for mountain biking. However, these don't
    help racing biking as much, as I tend to sit on the brake hoods
    longer on my racing bike. Can anyone recommend a good pair of gloves
    for those times I ride my racing bike? Thanks!

    I had a hard time finding gloves that I liked, as gloves are a very personal
    thing. About the only pair of normal, 1/2 finger cycling gloves I've found
    that I like are the new generation Specialized Body Geometry gloves. The
    padding used to be too thick, but they thinned it out this year, and now I
    love them.

    Regards,
    H.

  4. On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:31:40 GMT, Bruce Frech <bfrech@no_spam_verizon.net>

    Quoted message said:

    TeoSport. The glove's padded section has spaces so when you close your
    hand
    around the bar the sections join but do not bunch up.

    Bruce

    Thanks, Bruce. I'll check these out.

    --
    Bob in CT
    Remove ".x" to reply

  5. HardwareLust said:
    Bob in CT said:

    I have some gloves, mainly for mountain biking. However, these don't
    help racing biking as much, as I tend to sit on the brake hoods
    longer on my racing bike. Can anyone recommend a good pair of gloves
    for those times I ride my racing bike? Thanks!

    I had a hard time finding gloves that I liked, as gloves are a very
    personal
    thing. About the only pair of normal, 1/2 finger cycling gloves I've
    found
    that I like are the new generation Specialized Body Geometry gloves. The
    padding used to be too thick, but they thinned it out this year, and now
    I
    love them.

    Regards,
    H.

    Thanks, I'll look into these. I have several varieties of gloves, but
    they seem to be better for for mountain biking.

    --
    Bob in CT
    Remove ".x" to reply

  6. Bob in CT said:


    Thanks, I'll look into these. I have several varieties of gloves, but
    they seem to be better for for mountain biking.

    Actually, until I found those Specialized gloves a couple of months ago, I
    usually wore my full finger MTB gloves while on my road bike.

    Yes indeed, it looked goofy, and they made my hands sweat in the summer, but
    at least my hands (especially my thumb!) didn't hurt.

    Regards,
    H.

  7. HardwareLust said:
    Bob in CT said:


    Thanks, I'll look into these. I have several varieties of gloves, but
    they seem to be better for for mountain biking.

    Actually, until I found those Specialized gloves a couple of months ago,
    I
    usually wore my full finger MTB gloves while on my road bike.

    Yes indeed, it looked goofy, and they made my hands sweat in the summer,
    but
    at least my hands (especially my thumb!) didn't hurt.

    Regards,
    H.

    I've actually thought about doing that, as I have some nice gloves for
    mountain biking (I even have the kind for twist-shifters, where the thumb
    and one finger are completely covered but the other three fingers are only
    half covered -- hmmm; maybe I should try these?). The worst set I have
    has padding only near the outside of the hands. These are terrible for my
    racing bike, although they're not bad for the mountain bike.

    --
    Bob in CT
    Remove ".x" to reply

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.