rec.bicycles.marketplace · Public discussion

Looking for a good reasonable Colnago dealer

Started by BikeriderLA · · Last activity · 9 posts · 334 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.marketplace
Published
11 May 2004
Last activity
12 May 2004
Original author
BikeriderLA
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
334
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all,

    I want to buy a Colnago CT2 HP. I just need to find a good place to buy one at
    a reasonable price.

    Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated.

    Thank you,

    Steve

  2. Reasonable Colnago Dealer...isn't that an oxymoron???:o)

    "BikeriderLA" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi all,

    I want to buy a Colnago CT2 HP. I just need to find a good place to buy


    one at

    Quoted message said:

    a reasonable price.

    Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated.

    Thank you,

    Steve

  3. << I want to buy a Colnago CT2 HP. I just need to find a good place to buy one
    at
    a reasonable price. >><BR><BR>

    Maestro.uk, a web site. Stay away from any TrialTir(US colnago distributor)
    supported dealers in the US.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com
    "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  4. http://www.ti-cycle.com/
    Best Bike shop in Eastern Canada...PLUS US dollar of higher rate 1.30
    Canadian for 1.00 US!
    Call Mark!

    "Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    << I want to buy a Colnago CT2 HP. I just need to find a good place to buy


    one

    Quoted message said:

    at
    a reasonable price. >><BR><BR>

    Maestro.uk, a web site. Stay away from any TrialTir(US colnago


    distributor)

    Quoted message said:

    supported dealers in the US.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com
    "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  5. Hi Peter, Are you saying for a USA Customer, that it would be
    wiser/cheaper to buy a Colnago Bike, or frame out of the USA? Wouldn't
    there be VAT taxes, etc. involved? Just curious, thanks, Mark D.

    [email hidden] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    << I want to buy a Colnago CT2 HP. I just need to find a good place to buy one
    at
    a reasonable price. >><BR><BR>

    Maestro.uk, a web site. Stay away from any TrialTir(US colnago distributor)
    supported dealers in the US.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com
    "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  6. Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Mark) Writes:

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Peter, Are you saying for a USA Customer, that it would be
    wiser/cheaper to buy a Colnago Bike, or frame out of the USA? Wouldn't
    there be VAT taxes, etc. involved? Just curious, thanks, Mark D.

    You can get your VAT tax (they have both State and Federal in Canada) back on
    your Canadian purchase if you have the proper paper work filled out along with
    your receipts when you exit the country in customs at the airport or at the
    border. I don't know how it works if at all with mail order. You may as well
    ask....

  7. "VCopelan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Mark) Writes:

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Peter, Are you saying for a USA Customer, that it would be
    wiser/cheaper to buy a Colnago Bike, or frame out of the USA? Wouldn't
    there be VAT taxes, etc. involved? Just curious, thanks, Mark D.

    You can get your VAT tax (they have both State and Federal in Canada) back


    on

    Quoted message said:

    your Canadian purchase if you have the proper paper work filled out along


    with

    Quoted message said:

    your receipts when you exit the country in customs at the airport or at


    the

    Quoted message said:

    border. I don't know how it works if at all with mail order. You may as


    well

    Quoted message said:

    ask....


    If you really must get your Colnago out of country (what's wrong with
    working with your LBS?), check out La Bicicletta, they have *deals* on
    Colnagos, especially NOS 2000-01 ones here:

    2000 C40
    http://www.labicicletta.com/edatcat/us/tlsstore.cgi?user_action=list&category=Blowouts

    "regular" price frames:
    http://www.labicicletta.com/edatcat/us/tlsstore.cgi?user_action=list&category=Frames

  8. apoman-<< Hi Peter, Are you saying for a USA Customer, that it would be
    wiser/cheaper to buy a Colnago Bike, or frame out of the USA? Wouldn't
    there be VAT taxes, etc. involved? >><BR><BR>

    I have a customer that just received a C-40 from Maestro.UK that I'm going to
    put a Record gruppo on. They have non EU pricing that is great
    pricing(non-VAT).

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com
    "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  9. Sorry to piggyback on this thread...but I'm just curious why WCP stopped
    carrying Colnago? Any ideas?

    Ben

    Quoted message said:

    From: [email hidden] (Qui si parla Campagnolo )
    Organization: AOL http://www.aol.com
    Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.marketplace
    Date: 12 May 2004 12:55:28 GMT
    Subject: Re: Looking for a good reasonable Colnago dealer

    apoman-<< Hi Peter, Are you saying for a USA Customer, that it would be
    wiser/cheaper to buy a Colnago Bike, or frame out of the USA? Wouldn't
    there be VAT taxes, etc. involved? >><BR><BR>

    I have a customer that just received a C-40 from Maestro.UK that I'm going to
    put a Record gruppo on. They have non EU pricing that is great
    pricing(non-VAT).

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com
    "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.