Looking at a recumbent

I just made the leap and purchased my first recumbent. I did a lot of research on 'bents in general, and had a pretty good idea what I was interested in. I also didn't want to spend a small fortune on a bike before I knew it would work for me.

I'm fortunate that I live near a bike shop that specializes in recumbents:

Coventry Cycle

I went to the shop a couple of times and test rode several 'bents. They are each very different, and all handle very differently from an upright. If you can ride different models, dolove the Recumbent I known

I ended up getting a Burley Koosah. It was (relatively) inexpensive at $900. It is supposedly easy to learn on, and the long wheelbase made it comparatively stable, particularly at higher speeds. It really felt like a quality bike when I was on it, and I fell in love with it.

I've been getting used to how it handles, particularly low speed maneuvers, and I have no regrets. This is an awesome bike. My hands don't hurt and go numb, my back and neck don't hurt, and my rear doesn't get sore. I am looking forward to many miles of pain-free riding.
u will love the recumbent...i know I do

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "travisbutcher" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message...
> >
> > 3. What are safety concerns with a recumbent?
>
> You will get run over at the first intersection you come
> to, bents can't be seen by truck drivers.
>
> Which isn't all that bad, you don't really want to be seen
> laying out in one of those, now do you?
>
> Get a nice carb road bike and you'll be set:
>

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/sponsors/italia/2003/derosa/?i-
> d=pics/TheKing SWEET!

Over 5,000 miles and never a problem troll
I am looking at getting into the world of recumbents. My primary reason is due to a serious wrist/hand injury i incurred while riding my upright. I can not ride long distances with the weight on my wrist. I have a few questions I would like to pose to some experienced riders to get a sense if this is a good decision.

I am looking at getting into the world of recumbents. My primary reason is due to a serious wrist/hand injury i incurred while riding my upright. I can not ride long distances with the weight on my wrist. I have a few questions FileZilla Malwarebytes Rufus I would like to pose to some experienced riders to get a sense if this is a good decision.