Having recently reduced my weight by approximately 16kg (approx. 2 & a
half stone) over a 90day period using the low carb, high protein
Thermogenic Diet I'm now struggling to keep to this weight, ie. since
stopping it's creeping back up again & I've now gained just over 3 kg
(ie. half a stone) in the following 2 months. The dietician helping me
has given great practical advice and suggested I follow the Blood
Sugar Diet to control my insulin production as she believes I am prone
to insulin resistance. However knowing the theory is one thing,
actually 'doing' whats' required by NOT eating the processed foods is
another! Given that I've now replaced my 40inch trousers with 36inch
ones I'm naturally not keen to revert to my former ways. I'd be
interested to hear how others have overcome this whole lifestyle
change for good.
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Life after the Thermogenic Diet
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- General fitness, health and nutrition
- Published
- 8 April 2007
- Last activity
- 10 April 2007
- Original author
- Email address hidden
- Posts
- 9
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 125
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
As one who had a baby and reverted during that time and loses very slowly
since, I'll tell you what you need to do.DO NOT revert back to old habits! You can not. You have to eat they way
you eat during the diet to keep the weight off after the diet. That is 1/2
the reason why most diets fail, as they are not a LIFE plan but a temporary
fix. The other 1/2 is people revert back to old habits.2 things that made me gain after 5 years of being somewhat successful. I
never reach my goal weight, but the weight I was at was good and I felt
good. I eat out a lot, which was not good for me I gained about 15 lbs just
from a year of eating out 2x a week. Yep I stuck to low carb stuff, mostly,
but I think restaurants lie about how they cook things and what they use.
The other thing was when I became pregnant, I just pigged out on all junk
food as if I'd lost my mind. REALLY bad.Have you looked at low carb plans that involve a maintenance phase? That
would be a huge help to you. Exercise would be another.JM2C
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Having recently reduced my weight by approximately 16kg (approx. 2 & a
half stone) over a 90day period using the low carb, high protein
Thermogenic Diet I'm now struggling to keep to this weight, ie. since
stopping it's creeping back up again & I've now gained just over 3 kg
(ie. half a stone) in the following 2 months. The dietician helping me
has given great practical advice and suggested I follow the Blood
Sugar Diet to control my insulin production as she believes I am prone
to insulin resistance. However knowing the theory is one thing,
actually 'doing' whats' required by NOT eating the processed foods is
another! Given that I've now replaced my 40inch trousers with 36inch
ones I'm naturally not keen to revert to my former ways. I'd be
interested to hear how others have overcome this whole lifestyle
change for good. -
Quoted message said:
Having recently reduced my weight by approximately 16kg (approx. 2 & a
half stone) over a 90day period using the low carb, high protein
Thermogenic Diet I'm now struggling to keep to this weight, ie. since
stopping it's creeping back up again & I've now gained just over 3 kg
(ie. half a stone) in the following 2 months. The dietician helping me
has given great practical advice and suggested I follow the Blood
Sugar Diet to control my insulin production as she believes I am prone
to insulin resistance. However knowing the theory is one thing,
actually 'doing' whats' required by NOT eating the processed foods is
another! Given that I've now replaced my 40inch trousers with 36inch
ones I'm naturally not keen to revert to my former ways. I'd be
interested to hear how others have overcome this whole lifestyle
change for good.You don't "cure" anything by losing 35 pounds or so. Congratulations on
the weight loss. But you didn't cure anything.If you eat about like you always ate, you'll certainly get fatter again.
Life is like that.In order to be lighter, you have to be a different kind of eater. Some
dietary people call this "Way Of Eating" or WOE.Maybe you can follow some "other diet", after weight loss, and keep the
weight off.One of the great failures of diets is that they don't prepare you for
how to eat differently for the rest of your life so you don't just get
fat again.Did the Thermogenic Diet tell you how to keep it off for life? If not,
you are in a bad place.The ordinary suggestion is to follow the diet that caused the weight
loss, and modify it a bit by adding more vegetables - still avoiding
starches on a regular basis.Remember, you aren't "cured" of anything by the weight loss.
If you eat in your old "fat" way, you'll become fat again, and the
struggle to lose weight will have been pointless.Sorry.
-
Read this link....
The FAQ on Low Carb Living.....
http://home.comcast.net/~agross/asdlc/
Quoted message said:
-
Quoted message said:
Having recently reduced my weight by approximately 16kg (approx. 2 & a
half stone) over a 90day period using the low carb, high protein
Thermogenic Diet I'm now struggling to keep to this weight, ie. since
stopping it's creeping back up again & I've now gained just over 3 kg
(ie. half a stone) in the following 2 months. The dietician helping me
has given great practical advice and suggested I follow the Blood
Sugar Diet to control my insulin production as she believes I am prone
to insulin resistance. However knowing the theory is one thing,
actually 'doing' whats' required by NOT eating the processed foods is
another! Given that I've now replaced my 40inch trousers with 36inch
ones I'm naturally not keen to revert to my former ways. I'd be
interested to hear how others have overcome this whole lifestyle
change for good.I recommend the Atkins Fat Fast. You should be able to lose 4 to 7
pounds in 10 days with it. -
[email hidden] wrote:
:: Having recently reduced my weight by approximately 16kg (approx. 2 &
:: a half stone) over a 90day period using the low carb, high protein
:: Thermogenic Diet I'm now struggling to keep to this weight, ie. since
:: stopping it's creeping back up again & I've now gained just over 3 kg
:: (ie. half a stone) in the following 2 months. The dietician helping
:: me has given great practical advice and suggested I follow the Blood
:: Sugar Diet to control my insulin production as she believes I am
:: prone to insulin resistance. However knowing the theory is one thing,
:: actually 'doing' whats' required by NOT eating the processed foods is
:: another! Given that I've now replaced my 40inch trousers with 36inch
:: ones I'm naturally not keen to revert to my former ways. I'd be
:: interested to hear how others have overcome this whole lifestyle
:: change for good.Take up some serious exercise (since you don't mention it as a factor in
your weight loss).Frankly, I don't think moving to a "blood sugar diet" makes much since at
all since that's basically what low carb is. And if you want to control
insulin resistance, weight lifting is an excellent idea. The combination of
low carb and weight lifting should really help.Add to that some combination of swimming, walking, cycling, running, skiing,
hiking, etc. Get your ass in motion. 🙂 -
Continue to eat low carb. I recommend very low carb. Most important, drink 2 tablespoons of Extra LIGHT (not Virgin) Olive Oil
twice a day, and your cravings for processed foods will be gone. You will not be able to eat a single cookie. It's amazing. see:
http://sethroberts.net/Here's another link: http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=485819
<[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Having recently reduced my weight by approximately 16kg (approx. 2 & a
half stone) over a 90day period using the low carb, high protein
Thermogenic Diet I'm now struggling to keep to this weight, ie. since
stopping it's creeping back up again & I've now gained just over 3 kg
(ie. half a stone) in the following 2 months. The dietician helping me
has given great practical advice and suggested I follow the Blood
Sugar Diet to control my insulin production as she believes I am prone
to insulin resistance. However knowing the theory is one thing,
actually 'doing' whats' required by NOT eating the processed foods is
another! Given that I've now replaced my 40inch trousers with 36inch
ones I'm naturally not keen to revert to my former ways. I'd be
interested to hear how others have overcome this whole lifestyle
change for good. -
Seth Roberts?
I know a Jane Roberts who speaks to Seth.
"Sam" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Continue to eat low carb. I recommend very low carb. Most important,
drink 2 tablespoons of Extra LIGHT (not Virgin) Olive Oil twice a day, and
your cravings for processed foods will be gone. You will not be able to
eat a single cookie. It's amazing. see: http://sethroberts.net/Here's another link: http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=485819
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Having recently reduced my weight by approximately 16kg (approx. 2 & a
half stone) over a 90day period using the low carb, high protein
Thermogenic Diet I'm now struggling to keep to this weight, ie. since
stopping it's creeping back up again & I've now gained just over 3 kg
(ie. half a stone) in the following 2 months. The dietician helping me
has given great practical advice and suggested I follow the Blood
Sugar Diet to control my insulin production as she believes I am prone
to insulin resistance. However knowing the theory is one thing,
actually 'doing' whats' required by NOT eating the processed foods is
another! Given that I've now replaced my 40inch trousers with 36inch
ones I'm naturally not keen to revert to my former ways. I'd be
interested to hear how others have overcome this whole lifestyle
change for good. -
Sounds like you've gone back to some of your wicked ways before you lost the
weight. Also, did you receive some education about lifestyle change to help
you diet!You can eat quite normally and keep weight off, but if you eat in excess
then you'll put it back on, its fairly simple really........and.......dont
ever eat procesed foods - they are just [censored]! Good, freshly prepared food
is better for you and helps maintain weight stability by altering your
tastes and appetite.Exercise - its a must!!!!
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Having recently reduced my weight by approximately 16kg (approx. 2 & a
half stone) over a 90day period using the low carb, high protein
Thermogenic Diet I'm now struggling to keep to this weight, ie. since
stopping it's creeping back up again & I've now gained just over 3 kg
(ie. half a stone) in the following 2 months. The dietician helping me
has given great practical advice and suggested I follow the Blood
Sugar Diet to control my insulin production as she believes I am prone
to insulin resistance. However knowing the theory is one thing,
actually 'doing' whats' required by NOT eating the processed foods is
another! Given that I've now replaced my 40inch trousers with 36inch
ones I'm naturally not keen to revert to my former ways. I'd be
interested to hear how others have overcome this whole lifestyle
change for good.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.