He was on Charles Rose (PBS) last night as well. promoting his book. Interesting. He talked about being a dad, doing the next TDF, how the people in France treated him - they loved him this year.
take care Liz
Hey! Look what Zippy the Pinhead <[email hidden]> wrote :
Quoted message said:
Lance acquitted himself very well this morning during an interview by the embalmed corpse who wears a cowboy hat.
Imus did a pretty good interview. A lot about his cancer, because Don sponsors a camp for kids with cancer.
Lance observed that this year's Tour was "a bit TOO exciting".
<Imus did a pretty good interview. A lot about his cancer, because Don <sponsors a camp for kids with cancer. < <Lance observed that this year's Tour was "a bit TOO exciting".
He was on Charles Rose (PBS) last night as well. promoting his book. Interesting. He talked about being a dad, doing the next TDF, how the people in France treated him - they loved him this year.
What's his book about anyway? I've only heard the title "Every Second Counts."
What's his book about anyway? I've only heard the title "Every Second Counts."
There's an excerpt on the eponymous website. He likes to dive off a high ledge into a quarry pond (ooh, just like in "Breaking Away"!!) on his farm. And his local pards call him "Mellow Johnny" which is presented as a Texas pronounciation of that colored shirt deal thing in that off-shore bike race. HTH --Karen M.
<Imus did a pretty good interview. A lot about his cancer, because Don <sponsors a camp for kids with cancer. < <Lance observed that this year's Tour was "a bit TOO exciting".
thanks for posting the link to hear the interview, I really enjoyed it.
Lance certainly has a poise and presence. Even though I heard the interview live, I, too, enjoyed seeing it again at the URL posted; that was nice.
I was struck during the Tour at the way Lance stood out with his easy self-assurance, handling even stupid questions with courtesy and respect, and giving well-worded answers.
I'm sure he'll remain in the public eye long after he's left professional cycling.