UK and Europe · Public discussion

Kryptonite exchange: anyone had the new ones yet?

Started by Peter Clinch · · Last activity · 8 posts · 732 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
12 February 2005
Last activity
14 February 2005
Original author
Peter Clinch
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
732
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Just wondering when I can expect my replacement locks... Bit of a
    bloody nuisance not having a Serious one to keep with the insurance
    requirements of the more expensive toys :-(

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  2. "Peter Clinch" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Just wondering when I can expect my replacement locks... Bit of a bloody
    nuisance not having a Serious one to keep with the insurance requirements
    of the more expensive toys :-(

    Well, this is what they said when I wrote to them:

    "We are updating the website today with the approximate turn around times to
    get your lock back. It is shipping from the US and we expect that it could
    take 3-5 weeks to see your lock again. "

    So far we're less than two weeks since the labels went out....

    Rich

  3. "Peter Clinch" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Richard Goodman said:

    Well, this is what they said when I wrote to them:

    "We are updating the website today with the approximate turn around


    times to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    get your lock back. It is shipping from the US and we expect that it


    could

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    take 3-5 weeks to see your lock again. "

    Oh, [censored]... I'd /assumed/, given they knew how many folk had
    registered, that they'd have at least a large working pile of locks in
    the UK ready to roll before sending out the labels (I'd also assumed
    that's what the delay up until the labels went was *for*).

    But no. So I guess that's Just A Shame if I want to go anywhere longish
    on the tourer that involves it being parked out of my sight for a while.
    Bah! Bah! and thrice Bah!

    Still not had my label 🙁

  4. On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:35:02 GMT, "elyob" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Still not had my label 🙁

    Did you people who've had labels arrive have any other communication
    or confirmation from Kryptonite after your initial registration?

    I registered for an exchange back in early December, but the only
    acknowledgement I've had from them was a standard instant reply mail
    saying

    "Due to the high volume of e-mails in response to our Exchange
    Program,it may take several days to respond back to you once we
    receive your information."

    I've not heard anything else from them at all. Have others had more
    contact than that, or is it just a case of that's all you get until a
    label arrives out of the blue?

    --

    Call me "Bob"

    "Let every man make known what kind of government would command his
    respect, and that will be one step toward obtaining it"

    Henry David Thoreau

    Email address is spam trapped, to reply directly remove the beverage.

  5. Peter Clinch said:
    Richard Goodman said:

    Well, this is what they said when I wrote to them:

    "We are updating the website today with the approximate turn around
    times to get your lock back. It is shipping from the US and we expect
    that it could take 3-5 weeks to see your lock again. "

    Oh, [censored]... I'd /assumed/, given they knew how many folk had
    registered, that they'd have at least a large working pile of locks in
    the UK ready to roll before sending out the labels (I'd also assumed
    that's what the delay up until the labels went was *for*).

    But no. So I guess that's Just A Shame if I want to go anywhere longish
    on the tourer that involves it being parked out of my sight for a while.
    Bah! Bah! and thrice Bah!

    Do you want to borrow a big lock? I have a several accumulated over the
    years.

    BTW there is a BUG starting up at the Uni. I don't know anything more
    about it apart from the email address..

    ...d

  6. David Martin said:

    BTW there is a BUG starting up at the Uni. I don't know anything more
    about it apart from the email address..

    I noticed it in the last Hermes. However, the message was labeled 'staff'
    and I'm not sure whether I'm still staff at the moment...

    Roos

  7. "Call me Bob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:35:02 GMT, "elyob" <[email hidden]>
    wrote:
    Did you people who've had labels arrive have any other communication
    or confirmation from Kryptonite after your initial registration?

    I registered for an exchange back in early December, but the only
    acknowledgement I've had from them was a standard instant reply mail
    saying

    "Due to the high volume of e-mails in response to our Exchange
    Program,it may take several days to respond back to you once we
    receive your information."

    I've not heard anything else from them at all. Have others had more
    contact than that, or is it just a case of that's all you get until a
    label arrives out of the blue?

    That was it for me - registered, nothing happened 'till a label arrived out
    of the blue months later. I was beginning to wonder whether I should chase
    them up or just forget about the whole thing, when it came. It seems as
    though they are dealing with this in batches - it might be that you lot who
    weren't in the first batch won't get your labels until after we get our
    locks!

    Rich

  8. Call me Bob said:

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:35:02 GMT, "elyob" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Still not had my label 🙁

    Did you people who've had labels arrive have any other communication
    or confirmation from Kryptonite after your initial registration?

    No.

    Quoted message said:

    I registered for an exchange back in early December, but the only
    acknowledgement I've had from them was a standard instant reply mail
    saying

    I registered in October, and received a label at the start of
    February, in what seems to be the first batch in teh UK.

    Quoted message said:

    I've not heard anything else from them at all. Have others had more
    contact than that, or is it just a case of that's all you get until a
    label arrives out of the blue?

    Correct. The label turned up a few days after I sent them a series of
    stinking emails explaining teh deficiencies in their systems, but I
    expect that's coincidence. Of course, it's possible that I reminded
    them that the UK exists, and all you who've received labels owe me a
    favour.

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|
    |/ \|

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.