UK and Europe · Public discussion

Ken Bird

Started by Tom · · Last activity · 35 posts · 4,965 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
26 January 2005
Last activity
31 January 2005
Original author
Tom
Posts
35
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,965
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–35 of 35
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On 28 Jan 2005 03:57:29 -0800 someone who may be "dkahn400"
    <[email hidden]> wrote this:-

    Quoted message said:

    It seems, as I suspected, that David Hansen over-estimated you.

    I have come across him before. However, it is still worth the
    occasional response to check if anything has changed.

    --
    David Hansen, Edinburgh | PGP email preferred-key number F566DA0E
    I will always explain revoked keys, unless the UK government
    prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.

  2. Edward Dolan said:

    My mind is made up on the matter and all the contrary reading
    references in the world are not going to change it one bit. My mind
    is a steel bear trap and it is CLOSED. It is impervious to treasonous
    liberal propaganda.

    And also to rational argument, logic and plenty of other things which serve
    to distinguish an intelligent person from a narrow-minded bigot.

    But then we knew that.

    --

    McTavish the Unmentionable

  3. "McTavish" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Edward Dolan said:

    My mind is made up on the matter and all the contrary reading
    references in the world are not going to change it one bit. My mind
    is a steel bear trap and it is CLOSED. It is impervious to treasonous
    liberal propaganda.

    And also to rational argument, logic and plenty of other things which
    serve
    to distinguish an intelligent person from a narrow-minded bigot.

    I do not need to keep reviewing unmitigated liberal rot and rubbish forever
    to know what I think about something. Show me an open mind and I will show
    you no mind at all.

    Quoted message said:

    But then we knew that.

    Well, I think we know that McTavish is an [censored]. Is there anything else we
    need to know about him. I have an open mind on that, but I only want to hear
    bad things about him. My mind is CLOSED to anything good about him. See how
    easy it is to make up your mind.

    Has anyone in the entire history of the world ever had anything good to say
    about the Scotch. They rank right along with the French for all around
    assholeness.

    --
    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

  4. "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    "Chris Bardell" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    <snip bullsh!t>
    What the French do best is
    <snip bullsh!t>

    I thought the subject of this thread was to show appreciation about
    an apparently well-liked cycling guy who recently died.

    Show some respect & stop trolling the thread. I've asked nicely...

    Just accept my statement that the French are a nation of [censored] and
    that the Tour is nothing but [censored]. See how easy it is to get rid
    of me!

    <SUPPRESSES YAWN>

    Hey, no way am I gonna rise to this, so don't bother further trolling.

    The truth is that there's often an occasional lingering bad-fart aroma
    like you in u.r.c (about every few months or so). They usually go away,
    leaving other people with a newsgroup. I made the mistake of engaging
    with the last one, but I don't reckon you're even worth the bother. As
    such, au revoir.

    --
    Chris Bardell
    [Remove favourite mode of transport from email address]

  5. McTavish said:
    Edward Dolan said:

    My mind is made up on the matter and all the contrary reading
    references in the world are not going to change it one bit. My mind
    is a steel bear trap and it is CLOSED. It is impervious to treasonous
    liberal propaganda.

    And also to rational argument, logic and plenty of other things which serve
    to distinguish an intelligent person from a narrow-minded bigot.

    But then we knew that.

    One day a lonely Minnesota troll was sitting under his bridge feeling
    quite bored. Then he discovered Usenet cycling forums. 😉

    --
    Tom Sherman - Earth

  6. Tom Sherman said:
    McTavish said:
    Edward Dolan said:

    My mind is made up on the matter and all the contrary reading
    references in the world are not going to change it one bit. My mind
    is a steel bear trap and it is CLOSED. It is impervious to treasonous
    liberal propaganda.

    And also to rational argument, logic and plenty of other things which serve
    to distinguish an intelligent person from a narrow-minded bigot.

    But then we knew that.

    One day a lonely Minnesota troll was sitting under his bridge feeling
    quite bored. Then he discovered Usenet cycling forums. 😉

    And Usenet cycling forums have been unhappy ever since.

  7. "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    X, don't get me going on the French. My doctor has told me that I cannot
    afford to get upset because of my high blood pressure. I am taking lots of
    medication to keep it down, but every time I think of the French I can


    feel

    Quoted message said:

    it going up. I will blow a gasket if I am not careful.

    Well you better be careful then. It would be such a shame if you die and
    took your ojectionable views with you.

    Quoted message said:

    The French only pretend to be civilized. They actually are not civilized


    at

    Quoted message said:

    all.

    This is rich coming from and American. By most measures I am sure the
    French are more civilised and cutured than Americans. They even have a
    democratic electoralsystem and a love of liberty -- neither strong in the
    good old USA.

    Quoted message said:

    No, I leave the g.d. French to the g.d. French. Let them sort
    themselves out. I am done with them.

    I am sure they will be delighted to hear it. Can you be done with this NG
    as well now.

    T

  8. Tony W said:

    "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    X, don't get me going on the French. My doctor has told me that I cannot
    afford to get upset because of my high blood pressure. I am taking lots of
    medication to keep it down, but every time I think of the French I can

    feel

    Quoted message said:

    it going up. I will blow a gasket if I am not careful.

    Well you better be careful then. It would be such a shame if you die and
    took your ojectionable views with you.

    Quoted message said:

    The French only pretend to be civilized. They actually are not civilized

    at

    Quoted message said:

    all.

    This is rich coming from and American. By most measures I am sure the
    French are more civilised and cutured than Americans. They even have a
    democratic electoralsystem and a love of liberty -- neither strong in the
    good old USA....

    Can we please eliminate the one of the remaining travesties the French
    have imposed on the world - the French tire sizing system?

    It is not that difficult to say ISO 622-mm and ISO 571-mm instead of
    700C and 650C.

    Strike a blow for logical consistency!

    --
    Tom Sherman - Earth

  9. ..
    "Tony W" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    X, don't get me going on the French. My doctor has told me that I cannot
    afford to get upset because of my high blood pressure. I am taking lots
    of
    medication to keep it down, but every time I think of the French I can


    feel

    Quoted message said:

    it going up. I will blow a gasket if I am not careful.

    Well you better be careful then. It would be such a shame if you die and
    took your ojectionable views with you.

    Quoted message said:

    The French only pretend to be civilized. They actually are not civilized


    at

    Quoted message said:

    all.

    This is rich coming from and American. By most measures I am sure the
    French are more civilised and cutured than Americans. They even have a
    democratic electoralsystem and a love of liberty -- neither strong in the
    good old USA.

    Quoted message said:

    No, I leave the g.d. French to the g.d. French. Let them sort
    themselves out. I am done with them.

    I am sure they will be delighted to hear it. Can you be done with this NG
    as well now.

    T


    Ah, the French. Very cultured.... now, if they could only learn to defend
    themselves and not collaborate with the enemy....

    Arne, bottom posting rules.....

  10. in message <[email hidden]>, Edward Dolan

    (') said:

    "x" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:hgDKd.75663$Qb.31511@edtnps89...

    Quoted message said:

    Boy Ed,

    You sure seem to have it in for the French. I don't think most
    Americans hated them so much when they helped you win your war of
    indepenence from Britain. But that was some time ago now wasn't it.
    We (in Canada) have our own issues with the French. It's called
    French-Canadians. Even the French don't like them. It's the main
    reason we want to decriminalize marijuana.

    X, don't get me going on the French. My doctor has told me that I
    cannot afford to get upset because of my high blood pressure.

    Well, the French were right about the weapons of mass destruction,
    weren't they? And they were right about Vietnam, too, come to think of
    it... Yes, great people, the French. A real understanding of diplomacy
    and realpolitik. Also intelligent, thoughtful, cultured, artistic and
    creative. They also know quite a bit about cycling. In summary, about
    as different from Minnesotans as it is possible to get.

    Quoted message said:

    I am
    taking lots of medication to keep it down, but every time I think of
    the French I can feel it going up. I will blow a gasket if I am not
    careful.

    Oh, how dreadful for you.

    Have I told you how much I admire and respect the French?

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

    ;; When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb.

  11. "Simon Brooke" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    in message <[email hidden]>, Edward Dolan

    (') said:

    "x" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:hgDKd.75663$Qb.31511@edtnps89...

    Quoted message said:

    Boy Ed,

    You sure seem to have it in for the French. I don't think most
    Americans hated them so much when they helped you win your war of
    indepenence from Britain. But that was some time ago now wasn't it.
    We (in Canada) have our own issues with the French. It's called
    French-Canadians. Even the French don't like them. It's the main
    reason we want to decriminalize marijuana.

    X, don't get me going on the French. My doctor has told me that I
    cannot afford to get upset because of my high blood pressure.

    Well, the French were right about the weapons of mass destruction,
    weren't they? And they were right about Vietnam,
    snip

    What year did DIEN BIEN PHU (sp?) become part of the French vocabulary? It
    should be a reminder of getting their asses kicked out of Vietnam by the
    North Vietnamese.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I am
    taking lots of medication to keep it down, but every time I think of
    the French I can feel it going up. I will blow a gasket if I am not
    careful.

    Oh, how dreadful for you.

    Have I told you how much I admire and respect the French?

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

    ;; When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb.

    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
    ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

  12. Al Luminium said:


    What year did DIEN BIEN PHU (sp?) become part of the French
    vocabulary? It should be a reminder of getting their asses kicked
    out of Vietnam by the North Vietnamese.

    1954, 21 years before Saigon became part of the USAian vocabulary for
    the same reason.

    Nice try Ed. *plonk*

    Tony

  13. "Simon Brooke" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    in message <[email hidden]>, Edward Dolan

    (') said:

    "x" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:hgDKd.75663$Qb.31511@edtnps89...

    Quoted message said:

    Boy Ed,

    You sure seem to have it in for the French. I don't think most
    Americans hated them so much when they helped you win your war of
    indepenence from Britain. But that was some time ago now wasn't it.
    We (in Canada) have our own issues with the French. It's called
    French-Canadians. Even the French don't like them. It's the main
    reason we want to decriminalize marijuana.

    X, don't get me going on the French. My doctor has told me that I
    cannot afford to get upset because of my high blood pressure.

    Well, the French were right about the weapons of mass destruction,
    weren't they? And they were right about Vietnam, too, come to think of
    it... Yes, great people, the French. A real understanding of diplomacy
    and realpolitik. Also intelligent, thoughtful, cultured, artistic and
    creative. They also know quite a bit about cycling. In summary, about
    as different from Minnesotans as it is possible to get.

    Realpolitik is perfectly acceptable. All nations do it. But it should never
    be done at the expense of core values - and the French are always doing
    precisely that. Sometimes the French are not much better than the Nazis.
    What was Napoleon if not another [censored]. The French would liked to have done
    what [censored] did (conquer Europe), but they were too feckless and screwed up
    to manage it.

    Did you not read my post where I said the French only pretend to be
    civilized. They aren't of course. They have always been pigs and about on
    the level of Nazi Germany. May the Devil take them!

    By the way, did you not know that Minnesota is part of the Heartland of
    America?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I am
    taking lots of medication to keep it down, but every time I think of
    the French I can feel it going up. I will blow a gasket if I am not
    careful.

    Oh, how dreadful for you.

    Have I told you how much I admire and respect the French?

    Simon sounds like a French name to me, so that would explain your lack of
    discrimination. You ought to emigrate to that pig sty known as France. I am
    sure the English would be glad to get rid of you. An Englishman who admires
    and respects the French is a contradiction in terms. It is what is known as
    an oxymoron.

    --
    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

  14. "Tony Raven" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Al Luminium said:


    What year did DIEN BIEN PHU (sp?) become part of the French
    vocabulary? It should be a reminder of getting their asses kicked
    out of Vietnam by the North Vietnamese.

    1954, 21 years before Saigon became part of the USAian vocabulary for the
    same reason.

    Nice try Ed. *plonk*

    Tony

    Tony is a man of few words which is too bad as I never know what he is
    talking about. If he would use more words, then his posts would not be
    wasted. Anyone know what the "plonk" stands for?

    --
    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

  15. Edward Dolan said:

    Anyone know what the "plonk" stands for?

    Yes, it means he doesn't want to read any more of your posts and has
    therefore added you to his kill file.

    --
    Dave...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.