Road Cycling · Public discussion

Its official-Lance's big Discovery...

Started by chris · · Last activity · 11 posts · 557 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
15 June 2004
Last activity
16 June 2004
Original author
chris
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
557
Views / 30 days
8

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. US Postal successor unveiled

    Discovery Communications confirmed Tuesday a three year deal to become
    the title sponsor of the current U.S. Postal Service Pro Cycling Team,
    headed by five-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong. Beginning
    in 2005, the team will be known as the Discovery Channel Pro Cycling
    Team. In addition, during the remainder of the 2004 cycling season,
    Discovery will sponsor the team with the placement of the Discovery
    Channel logo on the team's jerseys.

    "Lance is a role model known for determination, integrity and a spirit
    that never gives up," said Judith A. McHale, president and chief
    executive officer of Discovery Communications. "This global
    partnership will bring Lance and the team to many of Discovery's
    programming and off-air activities in the United States, Europe and
    across the globe."

    Under the agreement, Armstrong will serve as an on-air personality
    across Discovery's networks in the United States and around the world.

    "I'm truly excited about our team's partnership with Discovery
    Communications and their long-term commitment to the sport of
    cycling," said Armstrong.

    Cyclingnews will have a full report on the new team in our next news
    edition.

  2. What do I do with my USPS kit?

    Quoted message said:

    Discovery Communications confirmed Tuesday a three year deal to become
    the title sponsor of the current U.S. Postal Service Pro Cycling Team,

  3. wear it with pride

    "Callistus Valerius" <[email hidden]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What do I do with my USPS kit?

    Quoted message said:

    Discovery Communications confirmed Tuesday a three year deal to become
    the title sponsor of the current U.S. Postal Service Pro Cycling Team,

  4. Callistus Valerius said:

    What do I do with my USPS kit?

    You *really* want to know??

  5. "Callistus Valerius" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What do I do with my USPS kit?


    Screen print a wildebeest on it.

    Jeff

  6. "Callistus Valerius" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What do I do with my USPS kit?

    I expect dorks like you to provide answers to questions like that. Go to it
    man, all sorts of Freds will want to know your verdict and soon.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Discovery Communications confirmed Tuesday a three year deal to become
    the title sponsor of the current U.S. Postal Service Pro Cycling Team,

  7. Agreed, I'll wear mine with pride!

    "bart" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    wear it with pride

    "Callistus Valerius" <[email hidden]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What do I do with my USPS kit?

    Quoted message said:

    Discovery Communications confirmed Tuesday a three year deal to become
    the title sponsor of the current U.S. Postal Service Pro Cycling Team,

  8. Quoted message said:


    What do I do with my USPS kit?


    Same as I do with my ONCE kit, wear it.

  9. Jeff Jones said:

    "Callistus Valerius" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What do I do with my USPS kit?

    Screen print a wildebeest on it.

    wildebeest on blue? too bad zebra stripes are taken.

  10. Richard Adams <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Jeff Jones said:

    "Callistus Valerius" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What do I do with my USPS kit?

    Screen print a wildebeest on it.

    wildebeest on blue? too bad zebra stripes are taken.

    I saw someone wearing a Festina kit on the GG Bridge this morning.
    Think that was a silent protest or a mockery of
    the '98 Tour (the last really druggie Tour supposedly).

    You never know.........

    -Ken

  11. [email hidden] (K. J. Papai) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Richard Adams <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Jeff Jones said:

    "Callistus Valerius" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    > What do I do with my USPS kit?
    >

    Screen print a wildebeest on it.

    wildebeest on blue? too bad zebra stripes are taken.

    I saw someone wearing a Festina kit on the GG Bridge this morning.
    Think that was a silent protest or a mockery of
    the '98 Tour (the last really druggie Tour supposedly).

    You never know.........

    -Ken

    maybe it was the only clean (ha!) jersey in the closet.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.