General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

It's An Apple....It's a Grape? It's a GRAPPLE

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 32 posts · 1,309 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
10 August 2005
Last activity
13 August 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
32
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,309
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 32
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you tasted
    one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    http://www.grapplefruits.com/

  2. Quoted message said:

    Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you tasted
    one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    http://www.grapplefruits.com/

    I have seen them at exorbitant proices. I haven't tried one, but was
    curious about how it was bred.

    -L.

  3. On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:34:28p, [email hidden] wrote in
    rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you tasted
    one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    http://www.grapplefruits.com/

    LOL! Your personal opinion notwithstanding, I wonder how they'd be in a pie?

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0532-1, 08/09/2005
    Tested on: 8/9/2005 10:39:01 PM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  4. On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:34:28p, [email hidden] wrote in
    rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you tasted
    one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    http://www.grapplefruits.com/

    LOL! Your personal opinion notwithstanding, I wonder how they'd be in a pie?

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0532-1, 08/09/2005
    Tested on: 8/9/2005 10:39:01 PM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  5. On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:37:51p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you tasted
    one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    http://www.grapplefruits.com/

    I have seen them at exorbitant proices. I haven't tried one, but was
    curious about how it was bred.

    -L.

    Do you really want to get into grape-apple sex? :-)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0532-1, 08/09/2005
    Tested on: 8/9/2005 10:40:12 PM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  6. On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:37:51p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you tasted
    one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    http://www.grapplefruits.com/

    I have seen them at exorbitant proices. I haven't tried one, but was
    curious about how it was bred.

    -L.

    Do you really want to get into grape-apple sex? :-)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0532-1, 08/09/2005
    Tested on: 8/9/2005 10:40:12 PM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  7. On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:37:51p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you tasted
    one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    http://www.grapplefruits.com/

    I have seen them at exorbitant proices. I haven't tried one, but was
    curious about how it was bred.

    -L.

    Now, if you really want to know, take a look...

    http://www.grapplefruits.com/MakingGrapples.cfm

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0532-1, 08/09/2005
    Tested on: 8/9/2005 10:42:54 PM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  8. On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:37:51p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you tasted
    one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    http://www.grapplefruits.com/

    I have seen them at exorbitant proices. I haven't tried one, but was
    curious about how it was bred.

    -L.

    Now, if you really want to know, take a look...

    http://www.grapplefruits.com/MakingGrapples.cfm

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0532-1, 08/09/2005
    Tested on: 8/9/2005 10:42:54 PM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  9. Wayne Boatwright said:

    On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:34:28p, [email hidden] wrote in
    rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you tasted
    one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    http://www.grapplefruits.com/

    LOL! Your personal opinion notwithstanding, I wonder how they'd be in a pie?

    They're apples with artificial grape flavor added. They taste like [censored].
    Not very good apples with an added layer of fake flavor.

    Yum.

    Pastorio

  10. Wayne Boatwright said:

    On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:34:28p, [email hidden] wrote in
    rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you tasted
    one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    http://www.grapplefruits.com/

    LOL! Your personal opinion notwithstanding, I wonder how they'd be in a pie?

    They're apples with artificial grape flavor added. They taste like [censored].
    Not very good apples with an added layer of fake flavor.

    Yum.

    Pastorio

  11. Wayne Boatwright said:

    Now, if you really want to know, take a look...

    http://www.grapplefruits.com/MakingGrapples.cfm

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Oh, that is just NASTY!

    -L.

  12. "Wayne Boatwright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:37:51p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you tasted
    one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    http://www.grapplefruits.com/

    I have seen them at exorbitant proices. I haven't tried one, but was
    curious about how it was bred.

    -L.

    Do you really want to get into grape-apple sex? :-)

    Is there something bad about that? Would you care for an appleorgy?

    Shaun aRe

  13. On Wed 10 Aug 2005 05:08:59a, Shaun aRe wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:37:51p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    [email hidden] wrote:
    > Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you
    > tasted one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    > http://www.grapplefruits.com/

    I have seen them at exorbitant proices. I haven't tried one, but was
    curious about how it was bred.

    -L.

    Do you really want to get into grape-apple sex? :-)

    Is there something bad about that? Would you care for an appleorgy?

    hehehe!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0532-2, 08/10/2005
    Tested on: 8/10/2005 5:36:12 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  14. On Wed 10 Aug 2005 05:08:59a, Shaun aRe wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:37:51p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    [email hidden] wrote:
    > Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you
    > tasted one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    > http://www.grapplefruits.com/

    I have seen them at exorbitant proices. I haven't tried one, but was
    curious about how it was bred.

    -L.

    Do you really want to get into grape-apple sex? :-)

    Is there something bad about that? Would you care for an appleorgy?

    hehehe!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0532-2, 08/10/2005
    Tested on: 8/10/2005 5:36:12 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  15. Wayne Boatwright said:

    On Wed 10 Aug 2005 05:08:59a, Shaun aRe wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:37:51p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    >[email hidden] wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you
    >>tasted one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    >>http://www.grapplefruits.com/
    >
    >I have seen them at exorbitant proices. I haven't tried one, but was
    >curious about how it was bred.
    >
    >-L.

    Do you really want to get into grape-apple sex? :-)

    Is there something bad about that? Would you care for an appleorgy?

    hehehe!


    Wayne, I am afraid you have opened a hornets nest or Pandora's Box,
    only worse. It has taken me all these years to get over the shock of
    learning about the sex mores of cranberries and raisins, when I was
    wondering about where Craisins come from and now you this!

    As Barbara would say, you Prevert!

  16. "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:34:28p, [email hidden] wrote in
    rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you
    tasted
    one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    http://www.grapplefruits.com/

    LOL! Your personal opinion notwithstanding, I wonder how they'd be
    in a pie?

    They're apples with artificial grape flavor added. They taste like
    [censored]. Not very good apples with an added layer of fake flavor.

    We picked up some about six months ago when my in-laws were visiting,
    just to try 'em. Took awhile to find a four-pack containing any grapples
    without soft/spoiled spots.

    Mary

  17. On Wed 10 Aug 2005 06:22:02a, Margaret Suran wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    On Wed 10 Aug 2005 05:08:59a, Shaun aRe wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    >On Tue 09 Aug 2005 10:37:51p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >
    >
    >>[email hidden] wrote:
    >>
    >>>Has anyone seen these things in the produce section and have you
    >>>tasted one? The smell is AWFUL. So "bubble gum" fake grape.
    >>>http://www.grapplefruits.com/
    >>
    >>I have seen them at exorbitant proices. I haven't tried one, but was
    >>curious about how it was bred.
    >>
    >>-L.
    >
    >Do you really want to get into grape-apple sex? :-)

    Is there something bad about that? Would you care for an appleorgy?

    hehehe!


    Wayne, I am afraid you have opened a hornets nest or Pandora's Box,
    only worse. It has taken me all these years to get over the shock of
    learning about the sex mores of cranberries and raisins, when I was
    wondering about where Craisins come from and now you this!

    As Barbara would say, you Prevert!

    You have found me out...wicked and depraved. I could spend all day
    watching those fruits doing, well, you know...

    Of course, you do know that a raisin is a worried grape, don't you?

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

  18. -L. said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    Now, if you really want to know, take a look...

    http://www.grapplefruits.com/MakingGrapples.cfm

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Oh, that is just NASTY!

    -L.

    "So simply put, how do Grapple™ brand apples get their flavor? Fuji
    apples are dipped into a combination of pure water and Concord grape
    flavoring for a short time. They are then moved into cold storage for
    few days while the flavor takes hold. After which they are packed and
    shipped out to grocery stores."

    What... it's concord grape juice. Tha'taint nasty... imagine where the
    apple was Eve fed Adam.

    Sheldon

  19. Quoted message said:

    Took awhile to find a four-pack containing any grapples
    without soft/spoiled spots.

    That's where I would do what I call "creative rearranging." ;-) I've
    removed rotten asparagus from their rubber-banded prisons and
    substituted fresh stalks when necessary. Once a produce man said "What
    are you doing?!" and I calmly said "What does it LOOK as if I am
    doing?" He skulked away. LOL But...back on topic, I certainly
    would hate to eat a rotten Grapple. Although it may taste better
    swarming with maggots!

  20. Sheldon said:


    "So simply put, how do Grapple™ brand apples get their flavor? Fuji
    apples are dipped into a combination of pure water and Concord grape
    flavoring for a short time. They are then moved into cold storage for
    few days while the flavor takes hold. After which they are packed and
    shipped out to grocery stores."

    Reference?

    Jeffs

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.